Kazaa

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by mp066, Feb 25, 2004.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I have never used Kazza. I heard from my mate that he got a massive virus from it and he doen's use it anymore. I only use WinMx really. It is really good and reliable

limited_edition

limited_edition Well-Known Member

is that like net transport because i use net transport ...all it is, is you go on a site to download or if it plays you get the url and type it in this appilicaiotn then it downloads its really fast as well :D

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

:lol: so, how does this one work? is it pretty reliable?

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I use Grokster because less people use it and everything comes down faster

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

More people should do like you ^_^

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

Getting viruses from Kazaa is just because stupidity. :)

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

i just recently quit wit kazaa. it's time is over. edonkey is no good either. tried soulseek :rasberry:. i was starting to love bt, but you have no protection watsoever. p2p programs give me a headache.
    oh and dont double-post oggem.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Wow...Filezilla is a pretty old program. :chemist:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I hated Kazaa. Spyware and not good downloads. I use gluz. It works great for music but sucks for videos and programs.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Lmao, I've found that the wave of the future is through AIM and IRC. Many of my friends now use IRC to get full length albums and the way I get those full length albums is through AIM's file transfer. The reason AIM is good is because it allows you to send full folders at once, thus allowing for full albums. MSN and Yahoo, do not.

Only problem is, IRC is very b*tchy. Most chats arent polite to people leeching for mp3s and if you demand too much at once you can get booted or possibly even banned from the room you are downloading off of. Will found that out the hard way and was NOT happy about it.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

p2p is lame now. All you can ever get is fake songs and virii. And with all the people sharing sections of bad songs, you're lucky to get good tracks. You're better off with IRC.

Derek. Learn to use xdcc transfers on mIRC, they are used on servers that are purely for the leeching ;). Try Packetnews to search for these packets, just make sure there are slots available and there's no queue and you're good to go ;)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Getting viruses from Kazaa is just because stupidity. :) [/b][/quote]
    I've asked you before to stop double psoting. Please don't. :)

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I stopped using Kazaa awhile ago because I can't stand spyware, and I was too stupid to think about getting Kazaa Lite until it was too late..oh well.

I still manage to find MP3s though :) Singles are and songs from bands on indie labels are usually pretty easy to find, because labels give them away legally...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Um, no. Napster and Kazaa both work the same. You type in the file you want, and it searches people's computers. Then it's downloaded directly from someone else's computers. With the original Napster, no files were stored on the servers, you downloaded staight from someone else. That was the defense they tried to use in court, but sadly it didn't work. The reason Kazaa is still up is because the company headquarters is outside of the US, not sure which country, but not the US, and the RIAA can't do shit to them.

The new Napster, yes, the songs are stored on the server, however, it's a legal pay-per-download service.

skyline007

skyline007 Well-Known Member

My kazaa-lite still works good for me i had winMX for a while it is very impressive how much files he gives back . Then i did go to normal kazaa but it dident give enough files i think then i did kazaa lite en it's still good for me.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Um, no. Napster and Kazaa both work the same. You type in the file you want, and it searches people's computers. Then it's downloaded directly from someone else's computers. With the original Napster, no files were stored on the servers, you downloaded staight from someone else. That was the defense they tried to use in court, but sadly it didn't work. The reason Kazaa is still up is because the company headquarters is outside of the US, not sure which country, but not the US, and the RIAA can't do shit to them.

The new Napster, yes, the songs are stored on the server, however, it's a legal pay-per-download service. [/b][/quote]
    10 people in Europe, 2 of them are from Holland! (w00t)

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

Lmao, I've found that the wave of the future is through AIM and IRC. Many of my friends now use IRC to get full length albums and the way I get those full length albums is through AIM's file transfer. The reason AIM is good is because it allows you to send full folders at once, thus allowing for full albums. MSN and Yahoo, do not.

Only problem is, IRC is very b*tchy. Most chats arent polite to people leeching for mp3s and if you demand too much at once you can get booted or possibly even banned from the room you are downloading off of. Will found that out the hard way and was NOT happy about it. [/b][/quote]
    i learned by watching others (n00bs) get harassed on the channels. 'tiss a sad thing.

and damn packetnews and ircspy, irc would be better off if those places didnt exist. ugh.