Linkin Park debut new music at WBR event

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

What's that thing Brad's holding in these clips?

Bruno likes this.
  2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Looks like some sort of string-plucking device.

3. The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

I know right? TLTGYA is one of my favorites, and I've been wanting them to make more like it since MTM (although ATS is my favorite album).

Sasuke likes this.
  4. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I kind of wish OML had more than just guitar and piano. Maybe some strings or ambient synth.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  5. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

This makes me want them to do HT stripped down

mmmmtastycookies likes this.
  6. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

We might get something close to that with the album track.

7. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Strange, I was told they didn't use those anymore :think:

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

OML sounds so beautiful in that snippet. Sounds like a MTM track and I'm soooo hyped for it. Definitely gonna be an album highlight.

9. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

i lost my dad last year. stay strong dude.

OML def sounds like the song that gives you the feels. Could be their best ballad since Robot Boy.

10. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The Talking To Myself clip gave me a One Republic vibe. Definitely too short to judge much from this clip anyway.

One More Light sounds good from the few times I've heard the clip. I'm happy to wait for the album version or a decent full length video, rather than short phone recordings, so I'm not going to listen to these anymore.

Seems like the reactions from the majority of fans to these new clips are positive! It's good to see a lot of people getting interested and hyped again for the album.

I really hope Heavy is the weakest song on the album. I don't mind Heavy though.

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Nobody talks about Linkin Park outside of the Linkin Park thread

If you aren't a rapper/RnB singer or Bon Iver you don't get talked about outside of the artists respective threads

The only people that vopted in that poll were Linkin Park fans. Trust me, I've been on that website for 7 years now, I know how it works. People don't enter artist threads to troll unless your name is Taylor Swift. The music section is the troll zone. The album discussion sub forum, the pop sub forum, and the rock/indie sub forum are absent of trolls. Trust me, those votes are at least 99% LP fans. I actually like the second half of the album but if people hate the whole album as much as I hate the first half I could definitely see someone giving it a 0.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  12. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I know you're exaggerating, but that's exactly the point. They shouldn't scrap it, but IMO they should work harder in that case to come up with a more creative way to talk about the topic, instead of taking the direct, literal route every time. Lyrics have never really bothered me too much, so it feels weird to be this picky haha, but there are millions of ways you can talk about these themes, and using direct, basic words so frequently is just... lazy lyricism to me. There's nothing wrong with that, and I know different people will enjoy different lyrics, but there are so many beautiful ways to talk about such complex emotional topics through visuals and metaphor (and the band have done this beautifully on numerous occasions!), that the direct, literal "this song is about lies and promises" approach just doesn't illicit any sort of emotional response in me whatsoever.

Basically, it's not that the words "lies" and "promises" inherently make for bad lyrics, but it's more that with how frequently the band write songs about failing relationships (and other related topics), it gets a bit tiresome IMO seeing the same words get used over and over again in the same way, especially when those particular sorts of words feel far too literal to have any real impact on me. Just to reiterate, there are plenty of LP songs where I love the lyrics and they don't do this at all, but so many LP songs fall into that "blunt and literal" category that I just don't personally enjoy very much. :)

13. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Stolen Dance is amazing! Cocoon is their best though imo.

Blake likes this.
  14. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Well, I just read through all of the comments, so it's time to weigh in!

My first impressions of those snippets were mixed. I didn't really know what to think of Talking To Myself, but really liked what I heard for One More Light. I'm a bit surprised that OML won't be the album closer, as it sounds so climactic with the emotional chorus. Here's to hoping that Sharp Edges will have just as much of a climactic sound to it, as it will be the actual album closer.

After hearing TTM a few more times, it already begun growing on me. The guitar work was interesting in both songs, very chilled, relaxing. And of course, I'm already liking both of these not-full songs much more than Heavy, if only for the vocal delivery.

All this said, I'm still not thrilled at the prospect of having an almost (or all-out) Pop album. I mean, out of the many unexplored or underused genre/subgenre territories, did LP really have to settle on today's Pop, which is already abundant? I thought LP was all about trying new (or risky) things, not doing what so many others already are doing.

I will reserve full judgment for the album until it officially releases, however. I hope more than ever that LP will prove me wrong about what modern Pop is all about, and even convince me to start checking it out as a genre.

15. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Loving the sound of the guitar solo on OML. Very Iridescent like.

16. MrJQ23

MrJQ23 Member

going back to this person really quick:

[​IMG]

I'm so glad this person got banned. Their response might have been "hey c'mon!?!? freedom of speech!" (My thinking and all you others as well: Hey you can say whatever you want but after awhile we are going to show you the door to take your business somewhere else).

Anyways, woohoo LP! lets hope for some promo shows around the USA from now until their South American stint or right before Europe.

Meteorain likes this.
  17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, with LP, it's going to be pop-leaning one way or another, even if only in part. Plus, aside from "Heavy", we don't know exactly how the songs sound, production-wise, so you may yet be surprised. With these little previews, what we have is a sense of the chords, melodies, vocal styles and maybe the rhythms/tempos.

18. kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

After seeing this, I have much higher hopes for this album. I always loved the softer side of Linkin Park anyway (I remember as soon as I heard She Couldn't when it first leaked on to the internet back in 2009, I fell in love with it right away), I just hope for songs that aren't generic and boring like Heavy.

19. ciao_fiv

When The Hunting Party came out, rock was at the peak of its interest for me. I declared it as my favorite LP album. Since then it's changed to #3, but I still listen to it quite frequently. I love it:)

Sasuke likes this.
  20. ciao_fiv

I listened to each clip once, followed by listening to some completely unrelated music. I can't remember the clips at all. That way I could enjoy them (I did) and not spoil the songs for me. Worked great I think!

Meteorain likes this.