Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Bobby

Bobby Yo

hahah wtf dude. First of all, who the fk are you? 'I don't like the song, new style, fk LP go split up because I don't like you anymore'. Once again, who the fk are you, don't like it don't listen it's not like you are forced or they owe you something.

2. Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

I love the song. The music may not have much real instrumentals but they aren't that simple. They are nice, dreamy and fitting for the focusing on the vocals which are just great from Chester. I'd say the same on Heavy's music after listening to the instrumental track. Lyrically it isn't ATS, but why would we expect that complex lyrics from LP who tend to have way simpler lyrics than this.(Hello UIG)

May be I am more accepting softer and pop music now than rock and harder ones. I remember hating Shadow of the day and half of MTM back then because they were soft. Now MTM is my favorite album. So I learned not to judge music based on genre.

Also I am not expecting anything from LP. I am accepting the fact that they are a new band each album and I will listen and judge not based on previous albums that I liked or hated.

However I feel like they may have meant to leak it to soak up some of the negative reactions? Just like how Heavy's MV doesn't have that much negative reaction on social media as when Heavy was first released.

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm obviously not talking about those who are more like "I don't like the song, it's just not for me."

I'm talking about people who are like "THIS IS A FUCKING TAYLOR SWIFT SONG WTF THEY SHOULD BREAK UP THE BAND WHERE IS THE BAND I FELL IN LOVE WITH WTF"

Like, holy shit. To bring the girlfriend analogy back into the picture: how would you feel if you were in a relationship with a girlfriend, and one day you felt you weren't happy with what you were doing in life. You decide to make a change to be a happier person and more fulfilled and your girlfriend was like "WHAT THE FUCK, INSERT NAME HERE?! THIS ISN'T THE PERSON I LOVED! YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO DOING WHAT YOU WERE DOING BEFORE, SO I CAN LOVE YOU!" Do you change back to what you were when you were unhappy? No, you realize your girlfriend is being a bitch and doesn't love you for you, and decide to break things off. Because you deserve to be happy, fuck what your girlfriend says. With her stupid hair and need to control your life. Fuck that noise.

4. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Much closer to the LP I'm accustomed to than "Heavy" was. Still not the "generic" nu metal sound but as long as it's not country, I'll give it a listen, and this is catchy as fuuuuu.

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

How's already 9 pages of this?? Well I just listened to the song and totally not what I expected from the song title :lol: but I was pleasantly surprised, this album is going to be so different, and I really am going to enjoy it.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  6. ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

I really like it, Still dont understand the hate but this has happened essentially every cycle since MTM, so I guess it is more on me for not expecting this kind of reaction from fans. And remember folks, sometimes you gotta do the safe picture, before you do the artsy picture. And sometimes you gotta do a picture because your friend says you owe him one.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I changed my mind and gave in, I'd rather be with the discussion now while it's fresh. I like this more than "Heavy" and Chester's vocal delivery is nice, but these two are amongst the most run of the mill songs they've made. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but what they're doing now isn't very inspiring. More so than "Heavy" I feel like I've heard songs like this countless times before. I'm a fan of this band because what I get from them I can't really find elsewhere amongst mainstream bands, only Linkin Park sounds like Linkin Park.

I'm happy the band makes what they want and none of us should ever impose on that, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize the directions they take. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because these are just the singles, but I can't help feel that going in with low expectations for new songs by a band we love is an incredibly disappointing mindset to have. I want to see them really challenge themselves, I hope there are some pleasant surprises in store for the rest of this album.

Petar, Vic and Vinifeijo like this.
  8. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Who hurt you Vinifeijo

9. Bobby

Bobby Yo

--- Positive reaction incomming --

This song is better than Heavy imo. It's pretty chill, the vocals are beautiful. I enjoy the melody a lot and found it beautiful as well. I prefer the 'heavier' Linkin Park but this is alright as well. Sometimes I am in the mood for heavier songs, sometimes for calm, sometimes for poppy. Now all of the directions lead to Linkin Park :).
    I totally agree with you. Only dislike I have is that the song is a bit boring.

Head.Cars.Bending likes this.
  10. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

new sign up. forgot old user.

11. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I want LP to do some jazz type stuff eventually.

Petar and Iopia like this.
  12. Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

Never heard it yet but..

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the most Selena Gomez, how Selena Gomez is it?

13. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

i'm just a disappointed fan. I don't like this pussy-style song. WFT?

14. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Thinking about this more and more. What pisses me off the most is that they made a record with pop writers to make the most blandest stuff they could. To me, its no coincidence that they "invited" writers that write the blandest pop music and have very uninspiring songs as a result. Sure its okay to try, but do you necessarily have an album from it. In my opinion, no. The band has 6 talented writers in the band already. I think the biggest problem I have is that (especially) for LP standards its incredibly subpar work.

Petar and Iopia like this.
  15. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Another forgettable song. It's so average. It's better than Heavy but that doesn't mean anything at all because that song was terrible. So, we have already heard 20% of the album and this is a very weak 20% in my opinion. I know there will be better songs in the album (One More Light sounds very promising), but I don't it to have only a couple of good songs and me having to skip half of the album while listening to it (I definitely will skip these two released songs every single time).
    I hope these are the weakest songs off the album and they are saving the best for the full release or else this will be a very underwhelming album. I don't mind them doing pop songs, but at the least give us something more interesting and not stuff we would hear in the radio 24/7. I thought they said the were at the point in their career where they could try and experiment new stuff?! So far , they are playing it really safe and doesn't seem like they are putting any effort in the songs. It doesn't even seem like the rest of band are in this song at all.

16. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was a little unsure on my first listen. I appreciate the lyrics of both songs so far as they both do a pretty nice job of keeping to one subject or theme, and picking words that relate to it throughout. I'm really tired of the snaps / claps with heavy reverb though. On my second listen I really dug it. I feel like they're in the right mind set. I've wanted positive and happy LP for a while

17. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

18. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Probelem is a lot of the negative opinions are being expressed in a very douchey way. Those people deserve to get shit for being so self entitled. I mean how dare people say the band should split up just because they don't like these tracks. Fuck them.

What I'm surprised at is when the more mature/sensible LP fans write this off already after at most a couple of listens.

Lots of LP tracks are growers, if people give them a chance and listen to them properly for a while and don't get all negative straight away based on their first impressions then they might find they actually like them. Thngs would be way better if people did that more imo.

19. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

This comment is important ^^^

20. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Well, as someone who actually likes Selena Gomez, it's about a 6.5 on the Selena scale.