Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Initial impression: I love the quiet moments of the track, but as soon as that "drop happens" the song takes a nose dive.
    I do love Chester's vocal performance but the instrumental just feels so LT, safe pop song-ish. However, if you love songs such as Burn It Down, I can't understood why this track would be worse than that.
    Was hoping for some kind of instrumental surprise in the second half, but only Chester's vocals stood out.

It's a good pop song, but I feel like this song fails to do more than that - it has glimpses of it, like the first minute or so, but it doesn't do much different.

Heavy to me is the stronger track - based on how I feel like it contributes to LP's catalog while still being a strong stand alone track.
    This song has great vocals, but nothing else really stands out. The instrumental is good enough, but not enough surprises and gets samey by the 1:30 mark.

(small detail I love about the track: the first chorus' marching drums)

ALSO:

For a track with the name Battle Symphony, I had a feeling this would carry more of a "punch".
    Not a real complaint, though.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Sasuke likes this.
  2. Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

I absolutely love this new track. It was nice to wake up to a new Linkin park song. Anyways I think this tracks sound production is really cool and Chester sounds smooth. New LP just sounds really fresh which is exactly what I want from this new record regardless of what genre it is. Seems to be a lot of Chester and very little to no mike so far this album cycle but that makes it more exciting to hear a mike track because we have yet to experience what Mike will deliver this time so I'm stoked! I also like this track a lot more than Heavy but Heavy is a good song :)

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The quiet moments are always nicer. Wish they just left these songs stay quiet, like the verses and first chorus.

Iopia and Alexrednex like this.
  4. abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

Well...for me its just as heavy.....waiting for "talking t myself" and "one more light" which are leaked in live versions..
    That are better than these two

5. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Love the track. I expected this sound for the new album ever since Welcome Dropped.

Austin Vicenty likes this.
  6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

As I said, most artists don't really care about sales. They don't make money from album sales. Hell, NIN hasn't been certified by the RIAA since 2005 and they're doing just fine and are still one of the must-see live acts today.

7. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Really? THP Tour was their best selling tour ever? Very surprising to me considering it's one of their least popular album cycle.

8. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

new classics :)

Also, I've found the way to check it out.

The lyrics are great - much better than Heavy. But the sonic approach is poor.
    Samples, samples are everywhere...
    I'm holding nothing against sampling in music making, but not as long as this is just the element of sound design. I don't like songs based on the samples entirely, and even Linkin Park won't make me love them.

The song itself reminded me of 'Army of One' and 'X Marks the Spot' by Coldplay, 'Fall in Love' by Phantogram and 'Lies Greed Misery' by ... you-know-who:)
    To be clear, 'Fall in Love' is the only song off 'Voices' I disliked. 'Army of One' is not bad, but I was not excited hearing it. Also, I've disliked 'LGM' heavily (references anyone?).

For those who didn't listen to Battle Symphony - it is NOT like 'LGM', the latter is the closest example IMO.

Vocal approach is okay, but nothing more. A bit like Imagine Dragons type of song. Which is not good, in my opinion.

The instrumental of Heavy is better.

ADDED: I'm still looking forward for this album. I'm very excited about what I've heard in those snippets of 'One More Light' and 'Talking to Myself'. Also, I'm intrigued about Shinoda's heavy rapping in 'Good Goodbye' and his vocals is 'Sorry for Now' and 'Invisible'. Not disappointed, just ... sad.

9. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Love it!

10. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The band have said as much in several interviews. It's also verifiable with some research. So yes, The Carnivores Tour and what little of the THP tour afterwards occurred were a critical and commercial success.

11. JackF1992

JackF1992 Jack

Finally found it. Not sure why I struggled so much in the first place!

I absolutely love the track though. Got such an upbeat, feel good sound. Heavy took a few listens to grow on me, but this I loved from the first measure!

12. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So you know for definite they will be?

You know for as much as I hate this new direction they've gone in I totally respect everyone's opinions, I'd appreciate the same in return.

13. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Who cares? As Minus said, bands make literally fuck all off album sales. Touring is where they make the serious coin. Thirty Seconds To Mars put out an excellent doco a few years back called Artifact which covers this in great detail. Chester is actually one of the artists interviewed in the doco.

14. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I'll blame the band for the inappropriate use of Symphony.

Sasuke likes this.
  15. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

IMO they aren't good to auto-produce an album. They need a guide. Because this s**t is not original.

16. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I listened to it before reading any comments as well. And I haven't played it more than once since then as I hate it, significantly more than Heavy.

I don't know if it's just the way they promoted Heavy, and gave insights into many of its lines in interviews, between its release and now I've fallen in love with it.

Battle Symphony, on the other hand, sounds like something Imagine Dragons would put out. Which is to say, I think it's absolute horseshit. I had been hoping, albeit maybe a bit optimistically, that this album would sound more like MTM than LT, given that the band's said that it'll be more stylistically varied than their last few albums. Their soft songs without electronics sound SO much better than most of the ones with them, imo.

But then Mike recently said, "the album sounds like Heavy," which apparently was the real truth. But then AGAIN, Talking to myself and One More Light sound much better to me from the snippets we've heard, so I really don't know what to think.

17. KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Love the singing and lyrics on this one. Chester sounds FANTASTIC!

Instrumentation is pretty...bad actually if I'm being honest. I was able to predict each chord as soon as I heard the first one.

Oh well, for what it is, its a great singing track. I know for sure I'll have a good time learning to sing this one.

Sasuke likes this.
  18. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:think:

Nicholas and AndreyKamensky like this.
  19. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

The melody is so fucking catchy.
    I could literally sing the whole song after hearing it twice.

If this wasn't from LP, I would probably dislike it. But whatever, I am enjoying this song a lot right now.

20. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Oh right...