Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

"it sounds like.... it seems like..". they have lost creativity. In the past you said that about other bands (it sounds like linkin park).

street soldier likes this.
  2. MarckozZ

MarckozZ Member

Ohh gawd don't make me spend another 3hs on my PC trying to get a leak of this, dude!!!!

3. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

You mean other bands tried to capitalize on LP's mainstream sound back then. That's a better way of putting it. LP never brought anything new to the table. They just took something that existed and made it incredibly catchy, accessible and radio friendly. People who deny this are living in nostalgia and possibly denial.

4. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Finally WBM is active as they are removing everything related to the song on YouTube.

5. phabio

phabio Member

It might not be repeating the sound of their old albums. But what do you call it when they are repeating the sound of pretty much every pop artist you listen to nowadays?

In ATS you could really see effort (both in sound and concept of the songs), LT had variety in sound at least and THP had effort from everyone in the band (since at least you could listen to every band member playing their respective instruments).

This song sounds like was made on the computer sofware alone and then Chester just sung the lyrics, that I believe neither he or anyone in the band even wrote this time (I've read that most of the lyrics will be from third party songwriters).

6. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Seems like some people here haven't basic googling skills.

7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Imma get a lot of popcorn for the album release. The last time I did this was in ATS cycle.

Sasuke likes this.
  8. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

LP were unique about the sound. Every song from HT to THP has a specific sound that let you think "this is LP stuff". Heavy and Battle Symphony" are so generic

9. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

My first impression of the new song? Not bad, esp better than 'Heavy'.

Here's a few reasons why I feel 'Battle Symphony' is a bit better than 'Heavy':
    1. A base intro that builds up to the 1st verse.
    2. Chester sounds slightly less 'forced' than he sounds on 'Heavy'.
    3. Variation of melodies for verses and chorus, instead of one repetitive one throughout.

Even though musically and lyrically, it still doesn't sound interesting(for LP's standards, and no it's not beacause I think it lack guitars if anyone thinks like that), but I have to admit it sounds catchy af. I do agree with someone saying it's a nice positive song they put out for a while.

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING. The more I listened to it, sounds more like it fits for FM, featuring Chester. :3

P.S: I feel the band did nail the melodies down, but for the lyrics so far? Not so much. Unless there's still some good surprises in store, I still reckoned ATS is the pinnacle in their lyric and songwriting.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  10. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

A lot of people are saying this sounds too poppy for LP but for me if they just add some power chords on the chorus this song could be easily on Living Things for example.

Iopia and Avo like this.
  11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That or some yelling/screaming...

12. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

I respect all tastes and opinions, but this song is awful. Heavy was a bad song for a Linkin park, but still a decent pop mainstream song. But this new song... oh my...
    Actually, Linkin Park it's Mike with the beatiful voice of Chester and... because Shinoda hasn't the incredible voice of Bennington. Fuck, they lost their minds. Where it's all the incredible creativity of my favourite band? Where are the rest of the members? Sorry for say this, but im becoming to think that Mike it's a little dictatorial...

I don't mind if these boys want do a full of pop record. I like pop. But please, do a pop linkin park style and not an usual, typical and uninspirated music. It's everything so sad and hypocrital... They have been my favourite band for all time. I need to rest this...

13. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Oh look, another cookie-cutter pop jingle!

I will say it sounds better than Heavy, but that's not saying too much. Honestly I get Across The Line vibes listening to this song but without the band and the quality instrumental.

The lyrics are miles ahead of Heavy, but is this really the best Linkin Park could come up with after 3 years in the studio and their most technically complex record to date?

Also I don't know why people were expecting something punchier from Battle Symphony due to the edgy title when HEAVY was Linkin Pop.

My expectations for the album are literally zero moving forward. And if every track is this kind of regurgitated pop then I find no harm in them releasing half or more of the album before May 19th.

number9large likes this.
  14. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I love the layering in the mixing, but I actually wish the guitar was more prominent, even if it would give of loatr/lfy vibes.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly. Same thing with Heavy imo. Both technically could fit on Living Things.

16. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Not adoring this so far, but not hating it either. Heavy grew on me a lot with time so I will persist.
    The band have done more than enough through their career to deserve more than snap judgements from self-entitled 'fans' who think they can dictate what LP 'should sound like'.
    I do agree that it is quite poppy, and can be a bit jarring compared to what one might expect. But hey, even if you hate this song and Heavy, there are still loads of songs to look forward to. Any LP album starter has me excited, Sorry For Now sounds really promising, as does Talking to myself, and One More Light sounds beautiful.

Plenty to look forward to :)

Sasuke likes this.
  17. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

ATS wasnt that bad after all

18. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

At least we can agree on the part that Chester sounds really great on this song. Although I am not a big fan of the music, I am happy that Chester is able to use his voice in different ways on this record.

Sasuke likes this.
  19. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

It's giving me the same feeling as Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, which is a good thing.
    I can totally see myself driving back home after a stressful day at work and listen to some chill LP songs like Battle Symphony. :)

20. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

ATS was difficult to listen for an old fan, but at least it was very very very original.