Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I love pop music. I like Linkin Parks pop music. I didn't like Meteora and thought Waiting for the End was probably one of their most creative singles ever.

This song sucks a bag of asses. And it doesn't suck because it's pop. It sucks because it's boring, uninspired pop that sounds like Linkin Park heard what 21 Pilots and Imagine Dragons were doing and wanted to try something similar. You guys remember when LPU CDs had the unfinished demos that were like the most bareboned versions of the album songs? This sounds like that. Not because there's not enough production on it, there's plenty of that, but it sounds like half an idea they just wanted to record for a frame of reference later.

woof.

2. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I like this song better than Heavy, and I'll be ok with the album if Heavy is my least favorite song and Battle Symphony is somewhere in the middle of the pack. It still feels vanilla mainstream pop, but at least it's decently catchy and Chester's vocal delivery is good.

3. AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

I listened to it.

Pretty good. I love the intro, by the way. It's such a cool sounding effect, and I'm glad they add it to the chorus too.

Honestly, I didn't expect "Battle Symphony" to pop up anywhere in the lyrics. I expected it to tell us what the song was gonna be like. In the end, I think it's a cool song. Lyrics aren't some of their best, the instrumental is pretty good, mainly that synth that's playing in the beginning and hooks. That synth is honestly addicting. I found myself replaying just the intro over and over again.

I'll give the song a 9/10.

Pros:
    • Improvement from Heavy
    • Better singing
    • Good instrumental
    • Intro/chorus synth is addicting
    • Good melody
    • Track length is much more forgiving than Heavy.
    Cons:
    • Lyrics are slightly disappointing
    That's it. That's the only con I really have to give it. The lyrics aren't even that bad, it's just that they don't really have as much to offer as most of their songs.

Overall, it's a very good song. I still hope that they don't get rid of guitar, rapping, and screaming altogether, cause I'd like to hear some of that. At least one track with a scream in it will be good with me.

4. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Nothing new.

5. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Especially since Mike said he doesn't really feel the need to do Fort Minor anymore as he, apart from Welcome, didn't feel that Fort Minor was different from LP.

Well my point was not the "complex" part but rather that they wanted the lyrics to be special on this album. And to be honest if looked on from that angle Songs like Roads untraveled, heck even a song like Victimized has more special lyrics. I guess its just that when you're told like "not that our lyrics were bad, but this time we really outdid ourselves" (which is what they were trying to say pretty much, at least thats how I felt). And you get the lyrics we've gotten now (Only referencing the two full songs we've heard so far) that just makes me think "where?"

Iopia likes this.
  6. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

Wow, I am really liking this song.
    It reminds me of "The Hardest Part" by Coldplay. And thats a really good thing.
    This song sounds better sonically and lyrically than heavy. I dont understand why they went with Heavy when they could've went with this

7. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

This song is better than "Heavy" but that isn't saying much....

8. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

My guess is that the lyrics are special in their opinion because they are personal as they said themselves. For example if my mother dies and i write Heavy, who's to say the lyrics aren't good or special if they describe perfectly my personal feelings of the situation instead of forcing myself to write some sort of shakespeare metaphorical type of lyrics just because a lot of people think simple lyrics are by default somehow bad.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  9. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

What happened with that xero song

10. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

boring notting new

11. One More Rob

Why don't you take a look in the topic about that Xero song?

12. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

This song didn't leave as much of a strong positive impact as Heavy for me on the first listen but it's really growing on me.

Sasuke likes this.
  13. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

The only "unique" thing about LP since Day 1 is, that they have a huge talent to produce amazing and catchy choruses. It's funny that you mention ATS, because some songs like "Blackout" and "The Catalyst" are some of the most unusual, untypical songs by them. Why have these two songs that "specific sound" to you? Because it's different? Well, then it isn't LP like ;-). Or is it just because you like these songs, which is my assumption? Just because you found a song or album something special, doesn't mean that it is special compared to the music world. There might be thousands of records, which sound like "A Thousand Suns", "Hybrid Theory" etc. How do you know?

Also, when i only want really original music, then i can throw away surely over 90% of all music, which i have on my PC. What music is original or new nowadays? You will always find music with a similar sound, when you search deep into the music world. I don't understand how this can be your standard. Seriously, why in the world should i care, if one LP song sounds like an other artist? With this mindset, you prevent yourself of so much potentially good music.

Like other people have mentioned here already many times: Everyone have the right to dislike this, because it's to boring, to safe etc. That's okay. "Burn It Down" is the weakest single to me, but 100% LP. But it is so safe, it's the ultimate bog-standard LP song, in my opinion.

But please stop the excuses, that LP is guilty when you don't like something.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Death Slayer, Sasuke and Kareem Saad like this.
  14. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I feel like this is not gonna be a Linkin Park album, its really Chester Bennington Feat Mike Shinoda or Mike Shinoda feat Chester Bennington.

15. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I seriously don't understand how Heavy and this song are getting bigger backlash than Burn it Down. That song was just.... ugh

Avo likes this.
  16. Elaine

Please do tell me how you know what involvement the other band members have had in these songs. Your insider insight is valuable.

17. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

What message?

18. Elaine

There's a whole lot of delicately layered distorted guitar in this song, for those wondering where the guitarzzzzzzz are.

Sasuke likes this.
  19. One More Rob

WALL OF GUITAAARRRZZZZ BRO :WTF:

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can't wait to remix this song.