Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Zakksalvo

Zakksalvo Well-Known Member

Idk maybe I'm just a blind fan that has their lyrics tattood on me and a tatto drawn by Mike but I love this new song. Heavy was okay but this song is so catchy! I love the positive message. Maybe I'll just always find something to like about their new music but that's fine with me

Modern Guitar God and Narc85 like this.
  2. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

You can do it. I haven't listened to it either. I typically do this every album cycle – it's possible!

OliverJ and minuteforce like this.
  3. froyobaggins

froyobaggins New Member

Hello guys, I'm new here. I'm a fan of Linkin Park since I was in elementary school. Nice to meet ya!

By the way, Battle Symphony is a great song. So poppy but it's great :)

Narc85 and Zane like this.
  4. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Welcome!

froyobaggins likes this.
  5. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah I really don't think people understand this concept. Many people on here act like the album is gonna be shit because they don't like the sounds of these two songs. But did Roads Untraveled or Skin to Bone or Until it Breaks sound anything like LGM and BID?

We are gonna see diversity on this album like every other album before, I can guarantee it. These two songs may not be someone's cup of tea, but I'm sure most will be able to find a couple songs they really enjoy if they come into the album with an open mind. You come into the album thinking its gonna be complete shit, well you've already ruined your chances of enjoying the album and you're just gonna be even more negative about everything.

Narc85 likes this.
  6. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

Not in love with it, but don't hate it either.

Makes me wish that they performed this at the acoustic live event. At least if they did we might have some correlation to help blindly speculate how Talking to Myself and One More Light might sound on the album. Oh welllll

8. Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

I really really love battle symphony

9. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

People complaining about it being too poppy - I heard Dream Lover on the way to the grocery store and said, "Now this is really pop.".

Basically even though it is pop, it's still LP when put next to other pop songs.

Abel and Meteorain like this.
  10. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

This is getting ridiculous. If you don't think such music is fresh or new to the band, then I don't know what to say.
    Also, Meteora was not experimental at all apart from Breaking The Habit. OML is already more experimental and different than Meteora. If OML, TTM and SFN snippets are anything of a clue, the album as a whole will be one of LP's most experimental.
    This vibe in battle symphony itself is a completely new thing for the band.
    But no, let's all just call it pop and not bother giving these songs a chance much like how HT fans reacted to ATS.
    Seriously, I knew HT fans would be an issue but never did I think ATS fans would also start whining in the same manner.
    10 years down the line, we will probably get pop fans whining about LP not releasing pop songs anymore.

11. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

I’ve listened to Battle Symphony about 5 times now and it’s worn out already, this is what happens when you make poor pop music, there’s no staying power. I love pop music, but when it’s done right (see anything by Kimbra) LP can do whatever they want but my god this is just so bland…where is the substance? What happened after ATS and THP? Longer song lengths, experimental soundscapes, raw production, all gone for cookie cutter, 3 min radio friendly tripe? Feels like a massive step back after the growth the band’s been doing since ATS. I guess the band wants every album to be different so those hoping for any “Part 2” type albums are gonna be dissapointed. This is the most un-Linkin Park album they could’ve made, from the sound to the artwork and who knows, maybe that’s their goal.

They’ve literally done a 180 and the reason it’s risky is because the band knows this album is gonna be hated even more than ATS. I’ll give the album a listen but Mike’s said Heavy is representative of the album so my expectations are very low. I’m hoping for a couple standouts like LT (Roads Untravelled, Until It Breaks). Please let this be just a one off type of album. Though I will say the band is being diverse as all hell, listen to Battle Symphony and then Keys to the Kingdom…pretty stark contrast haha!

Also to all the complainers, a TRUE fan criticises the band, not worships the ground they walk on.

12. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

You don't measure staying power by listening to something 5 times in a row (or even 5 times in 1 day) and assuming it's worn out for everyday after this one...

SkullDevil217, Blake and ciao_fiv like this.
  13. Figure.2012

The song has nothing noteworthy to it, I have no reason to re-listen. It's like someone took a class in pop-writing 101 and that's the song they got at the end. Same thing happened with Heavy, listened to it a few times, never went back again and have zero desire to re-listen.

14. Meteorain

Fair enough, but I just mean see what happens when the album is out, or months after that even. I know it's sounding like you still won't want to listen to Heavy or Battle Symphony... but maybe you'll be less repulsed by the idea. As somebody here said today, a lot of Linkin Park songs, especially from Minutes to Midnight and onward, are ones that grow on you. A Thousand Suns was the poster child for that.

15. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Really? I mean I can understand that some are being too ridiculous and disrespecting the band and the songs but stereotyping ATS fans with HT fans(I don't think all HT fans are also disrespectful towards the band)? Even when most of them gave a respectful argument why they don't like it? This is also ridiculous.

If there's anything more tiresome than experiencing the dissenters for the new songs and album, it's also people complaining and shutting those dissenters down.

Iopia likes this.
  16. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Bro, share the love if you've got the whole album and you're holding out on us ;)

Also, that is some bizarre logic right there. A "true" fan doesn't need to criticise the band at all. In their opinion and according to their tastes, they may love every single song they release. Unlikely, yes, but it doesn't make them any less a "true" fan for liking everything they do. I can tell you right now that I've been a fan since day one and barely listen to Hybrid Theory or Meteora anymore. There's also at least 2-3 songs on every album since then that I'll skip over on every play, without fail. Yet, I absolutely love Heavy and Battle Symphony. Go figure.

Halfway Dwight and Meteorain like this.
  17. Meteorain

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSFdgdfhfdhdfgcvcbrgw*headexplodes*

.......sorry. I'm just excited and relieved somebody finally said this. Especially the part I bolded.

Abel and Narc85 like this.
  18. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Well.

I may have not liked some releases LP has made, for example living things. I thought it was a bit bland, but when you listen to these 2 singles... how do you take 18 months to make 10 songs which could have been produced in 5 days with the producers they worked with...

The book is closing on LPs career if they waste time writing like that

2 years ago they were saying how they didn't want to sound mainstream? Mike is a complete hypocrite.

I've always supported them as a band, but when they write garbage mainstream music, I think its time for me take a break from LP... coming from a loyal fan 9+ years...

Michele likes this.
  19. Figure.2012

You don't NEED to criticise but being ABLE to criticise makes you a fan, rather than just swallowing everything the band throws at you 'cause you think not liking one song means you don't like the band.

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

...This doesn't sound remotely like Ride.

Or "RIEEEIEEEIEED, OHOOOWHOAOOOWHOA *obnoxious levels of AutoTune over Tyler's shitty fake white boy impersonation of a Caribbean accent*" as I like to call it.

(Can you tell I REALLY don't like Twenty One Pilots? :p)

There are strings.
    There are guitars.
    And for fuck's sake, it's 2017, can we please get over the "OMG NO RAPPING WHERE'S MIKE" crap already? Mike probably made 90% of what you hear on this song.

I'd argue that there's probably more guitar on this song than there is on Heavy. It's pretty much there in all of the louder-dynamic sections.

:wat:

First it was the repeated "flickers, flickers" thing in One More Light that sounded like Taylor Swift, now it's the use of the word "together?" What, does Taylor Swift have some "Simpsons did it first"-level monopoly over basic vocabulary choices in song lyrics that I wasn't aware of? :lol:

Y'know, except for the guitars in the second part of the intro, the break between the first chorus and second verse, the second chorus, the bridge, and the second half of the third chorus. Terribly sorry about your lack of musical depth perception.

I can agree with this.

So wait a second, you're saying that a band that has released material as diverse as One Step Closer, Session, In Between, Wretches and Kings, Until it Breaks, and Mark the Graves somehow has a "signature sound?"

Okay then.

1. You can stop reposting the same thing reworded a slightly different way any time. We get it.
    2. Are you implying that every record except Hybrid Theory and Meteora has been terrible? Because newsflash: Rick Rubin's "producer" role on the albums he was involved with amounted to showing up once a week, saying what he thought was good and what he thought wasn't good, and leaving. There's a reason Mike is credited as a co-producer on all of the Rick Rubin-credited albums: Those albums were, for all intents and purposes, self-produced as well.

Kind of like how both songs released so far have Brad playing guitar, Dave playing bass, Rob playing drums, and Mike playing live keyboards on them?

ATS was never "bad" to begin with.

"The Catalyst was a pop song."

:lol:

I keep thinking I've found the silliest statement in this thread, and then...

Err...Living Things had some of the most quietly-mixed guitars LP's ever put on a record. A Thousand Suns was immensely easier to transcribe for guitar than half of Living Things was. It wasn't the guitars alone drowning out the drums on that record, it was the massive midrange buildup from all of the synths that were playing in the same register as the guitars, along with the drums just being really poorly EQ'd across the board on that record.

Again, there are live drums and electric guitars on Battle Symphony. They did the "Waiting for the End/Powerless treatment" on the drums where all of the live hits are synced up with elements of the sampled percussion parts, and I already pointed out the guitars.

Anything Linkin Park wants to put their name on is a fucking Linkin Park album. Get over yourself.

Someone needs to invent a time machine so they can rescue you from the Groundhog Day-like time loop you're clearly stuck in, where it's still 2003 and all Joe does is scratch and all Mike does is rap. Oh, but what innocent-yet-ignorant times those were, right?

In both of the songs, for those who aren't so predisposed to hating the overall musical direction that they actually bother to listen for them.

It's not Mike's fault that people like you are taking a singular quote that pertained to the writing process behind a singular album out of context and interpreting it as if it's supposed to be some goddamn "THOU SHALT NEVER WRITE POP SONGS" manifesto that the band has to be held to for the rest of their fucking career. Take as long of a break as you want...please.

TheInterframe, Avo, Kilmer and 8 others like this.