Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Holy fucking wall of text. Chill out guitar hero. Who honestly gives a fuck about anyone's opinions on Linkin Park of all things. Some of y'all take this shit way too seriously :lol:

Iopia likes this.
  2. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Completely agree with pretty much everything here except your twenty one pilots statement. They're rad, but you are completely allowed to dislike them and that's fine :)

Blake likes this.
  3. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Terribly sorry that I'm an adult with a bunch of shit to do that dictates that I can't be on here all day replying to 24 pages worth of posts individually.

Kilmer, Crankshaft, Sasuke and 6 others like this.
  4. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Ah yes, because you know exactly what effort went into this song and the other 8 tracks we know little about. And I guess you also ignored the fact that Mike has stated that an artists' mindset changes often, especially when there's a 3 year difference.

Avo, Kilmer, SkullDevil217 and 3 others like this.
  5. hybrid1988

Same. We have some things in common, yay!

6. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Damnnnnnnn Astat dropping boooooommbs

7. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I'll go ahead and assume you didn't mean to offend anybody by this... but I think assuming or flat-out trying to state some of this isn't really... right? For lack of a better term. I feel at least some of it is subjective.

Linkin Park broke ground for me. Maybe they didn't for you. Maybe not for anybody else. I don't know. I don't really feel at this point like opening up as to why (I'll just say it's nothing crazy, I don't have some story where I battled addiction and the band saved my life or anything) but aside from personal experience and impact, when Linkin Park debuted I wasn't hearing other bands do what they do. Maybe it existed, but it clearly wasn't close to the level of quality (for me anyway) that Linkin Park came up with. To me, that's ground-breaking.

I was a teenager when they first started out, yes, but I've always been ahead of my years (friends and family would attest to that). While maybe it's true that for many they were caught up with young minds thinking ZOMG BEST EVER, but it's still pretty much a generalization to suggest that's what happened with everybody. Linkin Park was the first band that really got my attention, and no, it's not because my ears weren't available or not listening before then. But to say with aging comes critical thinking is suggesting there was no critical thinking in younger years. That's not true, at least not for me.

"Their music never was and probably never will be" - again, is that not subjective? Is it not a factor what impact it makes on the individual listener? I get what you mean by it, but I don't know, something about it rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think somebody is necessarily in denial if they felt Linkin Park was something special and different when they broke onto the scene. Who else was doing it? Limp Bizkit? Crazy Town? (pretty sure they started after LP). Linkin Park blows both of those bands out of the water.

People get way too caught up on terms, phrases etc being coined, labeled, deemed as cliches. It's a problem when it's forced, be it by delivery or not really fitting in with song content. This not only fits in, but it's delivered well. It sounds good in terms of Chester's delivery with it. They can use as many society-tagged cliche lines as they want as long as far as I'm concerned, as long as it makes sense and sounds good.

Thank you for this. (and I agree it sounds nothing like 'Ride')

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  8. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll be honest, I had no idea that post was going to be that long. I was catching up on this monster of a topic on my phone while doing laundry and apparently I got a little happy with the multi-quote feature. :lol:

9. hybrid1988

Haha, it's all good. I didn't mean to come off as confrontational. I was just trying to be a smart ass about the long post.

Meteorain likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Brad the Guitar God is taking a back seat on this album because we need a decade rest before he unleashes his visceral skills upon us mortals. :bradwink:

In all seriousness though, I'm shocked I have been able not to listen to it all day. I'm sure imma like the song more than Heavy (and I fuck with Heavy) but I do have reservations on how this album might shape up overall. Two songs in and I'm like meh.

Still, I think most will agree it's nice to get an LP album when we can.

Halfway Dwight, Sasuke and Michele like this.
  11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This. I knew I heard Guitars since my first listen this morning but I didn't want to be the first to comment on it and be wrong lol

12. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I find it funny how much flack Linkin Park takes for changing sounds...

Has anybody heard Awaken My Love by Childish Gambino? He's wanting so much to be different, unique that some of it is unlistenable. And it takes a lot for me to use that word. And I love Gambino, from his music to his acting to his stand-up comedy. That album still left me with that feeling, and I tried many, many times to give it more and more chances. Even the best songs off the album aren't amazing.

That was the epitome of change, and Gambino got a ton of praise for it. Go figure.

13. ciao_fiv

I was surprised by how much I love that album. It's nothing like the other stuff I listen to and I really like it

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It's better than 90% of the THP, that's for sure!

And Asta went In, WOW. Completely agree with everyone besides the Twenty One Pilots statement, I actually love them :D

15. Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

After a few good listens today I am really satisfied with this new Linkin Park Song. My first listen was the very moment I woke up and I liked it but needed a few replays to really absorb this new material the band has made for us. everytime I came back to the track after a good break the song still felt like my first listen and it sounded so fresh. I've been down with the band since 2003 and I've been taken for a spin every single record since. I see a lot of the negativity amongst the fans and even the world it seems and when Heavy dropped I intitally liked the song but I actually caught a negative mindset towards Heavy after scrolling through others negative opinions. But when I stepped away to listen to the song more to myself I began to really like it more, and now that I've heard Battle, I appreciate Heavy even more because both sound a bit similar but give off two different emotions for me. At the end of the day I like this new LP music. And all the negativity has actually been teaching me to appreciate this band even more as well as my genuine feelings towards their music. Those who hate it, cool I'll go enjoy the fuck out of this record.

Sasuke and Meteorain like this.
  16. ciao_fiv

twenty one pilots is the bomb :thumbsup:

Sasuke, brady and Blake like this.
  17. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Really don't understand why top is just a go to band to hate on nowadays. These guys came from humble beginnings and now bc they've had a few hits on their sophomore album with their label, they're just the new "boy band" to hate on.

Getting really off topic but fuck it.

Filip, ciao_fiv and Sasuke like this.
  18. LPJM46

LPJM46 Member

I definitely enjoy Battle Symphony. I think the verses and production are awesome, but then the chorus just doesn't have the same punch for me. Although, over time it might grow on me. I really hope these end up being the songs I listen to the least on the album and the other songs are more exciting and interesting. I really like Battle Symphony and Heavy and i'll definitely keep listening to them, but I guess I still haven't felt that feeling of OMG THIS IS AMAZING yet. Theres just something missing and it's not that its pop. I like the pop elements. The best words I can use is it's lacking a "spark" or "punch" for me personally you know? Like I can label them as GOOD songs, but I'm looking for more than just good I guess. I'm tryin to find songs to add to my top LP songs list lol. Maybe I should lower my expectations :lol:

Obviously these are just two songs out of 10 so there's still a lot to listen to. I will say Chester sounds fantastic. There are moments on this song where he sounds like he did in the 2007 MTM era, which I personally think was his prime. Just listen to that one AOL sessions of Given Up, What I've Done, and Breaking The Habit. The dude was at his best.

Also, I realllllyyy hope Sorry for Now ends up being as amazing as it sounds so far....cause if a little snippet gets me singing the melody to myself over and over and over..it's got to be a great song right?...RIGHT? please...

Iopia, Ree and Sasuke like this.
  19. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Awaken My Love is flat out awesome! There are certain albums that, overall, really brings out my emotion/inspiration. I don't really care for his other songs (Sweatpants is pretty good, but that's the exception), but that specific album is so different and it feels right. I say the same thing about A Thousand Suns; all the other LP albums pretty much have the same value to me, they are good but not anything amazing, but ATS specifically felt different, and was something that made me feel a certain way.

IMO that is the point of good music, it's supposed to make you feel a certain way. Being able to take emotional journeys through a song is what separate decent songs and amazing songs (and albums). When LT first came out I was disappointed that it did not have the effect that ATS had on me, but in time I realized that ATS was a unique piece of work that could not be replicated. I'm not trying to call you out or say you are wrong for not liking AML, I'm saying that art is subjective and won't have the same effect on everyone.

ciao_fiv, Iopia, Petar and 1 other person like this.
  20. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Yeah, I definitely have some mixed opinions about how pop it is, and how it feels far from unique and innovative. But I literally listened to the song once, and it was stuck in my head all day. If anything, this album is showing how damn good they are at writing catchy-as-hell melodies. Also, Chester's vocals are definitely a highlight, that's something that has hella lived up to the hype for me.