Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Didn't know releasing two singles was giving the whole album away. Huh. You learn something new every day.
    Oh, these are golden. Please continue with your hilariously awful attempts at criticizing Battle Symphony. They put a smile on my face.

ciao_fiv likes this.
  2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I know, but don't they need to prioritise the lead single first? and Heavy haven't reach #1 yet. so the band's focus would be promoting Heavy first and the rest would follow when the album drops.

3. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

1. Heavy won't reach #1, not even close
    2. How does it hurt the promotion of Heavy, if there's another song or two?

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They've done this with almost every album before the release. There's nothing different about this cycle.

I may be wrong about the songs, but if I recall:

ATS we got The Catalyst and Wretches & Kings
    LT was Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery
    THP was Guilty All The Same and Until It's Gone
    OML we've had Heavy and Battle Symphony (so far)

Every cycle for at least the last 4 albums, has had a 'lead' single and an internet only single.

Abel likes this.
  5. Knt.Slbs

for what reason? because it's pop shit? it doesn't have scream or rapping?

6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

You realize this was how all album cycles have been right?
    Wretches and Kings was released a month after the catalyst.
    Lies greed misery was released a month after burn it down.
    Wastelands was released a month after UIG.
    Majority of artists do this.

7. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Well taking into consideration the progres of each singlereleased on the similar period to Heavy in pop genre, it will be heavy to reach #1 on top lists. Cold by M5 is already 20 on billboard, KP - Chained to the Rythm is 13 and LP-H is.. 79th it will be a success to reach first 20 IMO.

It may be 2nd on Billboard rock Chart but I don't think it will overrule Imagine Dragons, they seem to be popular with their song Believer. The second position is taken by Heathens which is already "old" song comparing to those two.

I predict the second place if, of course, 21P won't release a new song in the meantime (for the moment of being I think that if they would released a sound of both of them farting to the microphone it would reach numer 1 on all of the top lists).

8. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

I'm more surprised/disappointed that we (maybe) won't get any 'making of' material in LPTV form again. Sure we might see those "spectacular" less than a minute snippets but no full fledged episodes.

9. Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

You know you don't have to listen to the songs released before the album? You know you can wait for the album? They are not living on an island with them and their hardcore fanbase alone. They have to promote their music if they want to stay relevant. You know, like every other artist do, and like they have been doing for two decades.

And Heavy already reached it's peak, the song is cool but the fact that nobody want to admit is that Linkin Park aren't that relevant right now. They were 10 years ago, now not that much. The fact that their lead single reached that high after around 6 years of not appearing that much on mainstream music community is huge. It is a huge success. It speaks of their already huge fanbase and the fact that they actually succeeded in reminding casual fans of them. And making some of the pop music fans say: "OK, that ain't much hard for me. I can listen to that"

However that's it with Heavy, they need to release more songs and I will say an unpopular opinion here: They need to actually release more songs than usual and flood radio and streaming platforms. If they believe their music is great and it is genreless then they better force everyone listen to it and give it a shot. May be they will be the epic legendary band in the future with that.

Also, some are gonna say: who cares for mainstream, they have their fanbase. Ok but who don't want to extend their success? May be they want their music to reach and be loved by everyone? May be they don't want to fall off and be irrelevant?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  10. Knt.Slbs

As long as LP release 5 singles for OML album cycle, It will be fine. It's such a bummer they reduced singles to 3 per album cycle starting ATS.
    ATS had 3 (not counting BITS, since it was Int'l release only)
    LT had 3 (again not counting Powerless)
    THP had 5? not sure since Rebellion and Wastelands doesn't have official Music videos tie-in.

11. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Buzz dies a lot faster lately, so a lot of artists and bands nowadays release a lot of promotional (not official) singles to keep the hype for the album going.

But do note that "Battle Symphony" isn't even officially released yet, and they're focused on "Heavy" as far as I know.

Because they're not as famous as they were. Screaming and rap rock won't even bring you close to rock radio anymore, let alone mainstream radio.

I listen to a lot of radio and mainstream music - more than I think I should be doing - and I can tell you that Linkin Park's just not as big as they were. People didn't even realize LP was making music beyond 2003 or 2007. Even the indie rock scene of the early 2010s has died down. The biggest bands today are alt pop bands like Twenty One Pilots (deservedly so imo, since their music is good) or maybe the revived pop punk bands like Paramore and Fall Out Boy.

We're now in a landscape where huge bands like Coldplay, Maroon 5 and even Imagine Dragons, formerly shoo-ins to get hits, have to promote more aggressively to even reach the Top 40. As in back in their heyday, Coldplay debuted at the Top 10 of charts, and now it took them months and tons of live promotion for "Adventure of a Lifetime", the first song of their recent album, to even make it to the Top 40 and become a hit. If bands that huge don't have the same reach they had, imagine Linkin Park, a veteran from the nu metal era. They're the only band from the early 2000s to even survive and still get hits even when the landscape around them changes. I watched their award shows in 2012 and they were dinosaurs compared to the artists then. That's why even though "Heavy" is very radio-friendly, recognition is an important factor, and time isn't on anyone's side.

Let's not forget Mike was the sole writer of "Breaking the Habit".

12. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Absolutely right.

The Meteora media player on their website back in the day had Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, and Don't Stay streaming before the album's release. Not sure how far out this was, though.

I know they had officially released What I've Done, No More Sorrow, and Given Up before MTM's release as well. At least, they were available to be listened to officially through the Webster Hall concert that was showing in some movie theaters.

13. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

The less singles the better, also 5 singles for OML? So you want half of the album as singles? FUCK NO. Also LT had pretty much just one. BID was the only single released worldwide. IIRC Castle of Glass was a EU only release. And LITE, while having a music video didn't have a proper single release.

14. Derek

Yep you're right. And I think even with Reanimation they had a demo of Pts. streaming, and another song as well (that I can't remember).

Fact is, anyone acting like they're releasing all these previews cause they feel the album is gonna flop is being ridiculous. This is standard marketing here :lol:.

Abel and ciao_fiv like this.
  15. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I remember that they streamed Pushing Me Away and In The End for Reanimation on the website. I remember the site had that goofy Gundam theme or whatever that Mike made :lol:

16. Derek

:lol: Yep. Robots everywhere!

17. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Because marketing isn't about thinking "oh shit, that minuscule hardcore fanbase who prefers to listen to our album in full on release and not be spoiled by all of these marketable singles was pissed. We better cater to their needs and not the other 99.99 million listeners who will listen to whatever we shove in their face."

The music industry is no longer about selling records, especially in today's digital era. The average consumer far prefers handpicking a few of their favourite singles that they've heard rather than the whole record that they haven't heard, and aren't sure if they'll like it or not.

I guarantee there was no "lesson to be learned" from The Hunting Party in terms of pre-released singles.

Kareem Saad likes this.
  18. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

We only got one real video for thp

19. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Until Its Gone, Final Masquerade

your argument is invalid.

20. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

War is legit son, watch that tone.

Abel, Vic, Iopia and 1 other person like this.