Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

The chorus reminds me "Lost in the Echo"

Hans Muster likes this.
    AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

The hook is better than I expected it to be from Chester.

But - Jesus Christ. Mike is doing that same flow/cadence that every modern rapper is doing now. Seriously? Disappointed. Very disappointed by that. I could imagine Drake doing that verse instead.

Probably the most disappointing part about the song to me by far, other than the fact that it's still got this glitzy/pop/mainstream polish over the top and lack of depth the other songs have.

Kaique Smart and Vinifeijo like this.
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I like Mike's Migos flow but not the lyrics. Pusha was alright, I've heard better from him and I'm pretty indifferent about Stormzy.

Overall its the best out of the three songs but that isn't saying much. I don't like how digital and sterile the production is. It doesn't sound like 6 minds came together to make this, rather something one radio pop producer put together.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I'll resist the temptation to listen to this, I usually listen to two songs before release (official first single and then the street single) so that's my lot until One More Light is in my hands. Plus, it's only 5 weeks and 1 day to go until it's released... I know I can hold on until then.

Glad to hear this is getting some early praise, I'm intrigued to hear how it sounds and to see how Stormzy does on this track as he's very popular over here in the UK. I watched him appear on MUTV Thursday Focus (Manchester United Fan Channel on Sky) a few weeks back as his debut album was about to drop and he was a really polite, genuine, down to earth guy. I'm not a fan of grime music but I didn't mind his delivery or style on some of his tracks so I can see him doing well in this collaboration. I like what I'm reading also on Mike and Chester's delivery.

Not long to go.... for now it's a Good Goodbye from me and I'm sure I'll be back in these threads soon.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

whew

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Yeah, it feels too much polished and glowy, very superficial. 2 or 3 listens are enough to discover everything about the music.

Again there are those "claping" shounds, as Heavy and BS have the finger snaping ones.

Kaique Smart likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Its pretty crazy to think nearly 2 months have passed since the release of Heavy and the announcement of the album release date. 5 weeks wait ain't so bad.

ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

Jesus I don't even make my mind up on an album or song entirely until it's been out a year, let alone 2-3 spins.

Edit : as an example, in God particle by army of the pharoahs, JP Goku's scream is buried slightly in the mix but once you hear it you can't unhear it. Maybe I have dumb ears but it took me months to notice. Admittedly GG doesn't sound super deep in that regard but I also have like 3 different delivery methods to try it out on.

beachdude42

beachdude42 Member

This is fantastic... they really nailed this new style on basically their first attempt! Mike's verse is great, and so are Pusha and Stormzy's. That BEAT! Very impressed.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

@Vinifeijo - I edited out the hint on where to locate the song from your post as it was way too blatant.

Please refrain from asking for/giving links and hints, guys. You know the drill. Thanks.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Dang, I miss the days when I could just google this stuff and I could find it. Guess i'll just wait haha. Either way it will be out tomorrow I'm sure. Hyped to hear it!

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Meh. Mike's part is kinda cool , but that's it. Just more of the same.
    It bothers me that there's 6 people in the band, but when you listen to all of the three songs it doesn't sound like there's 6 members at all. The instrumentals are so lazy and generic. Surely just one of them could have made it in a couple of hours on its own, right?!
    Just another song I will be skipping every time I listen to the album.
    Hopefully the three songs released so far are the weakest off the album or else this album will be so disappointing. I guess we still have 70% off the album to look forward to...so could be worse..?!
    And please, no more songs featuring other artists.

Noenemy, Agent, Iopia and 1 other person like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I disagree with this strongly. The band usually benefits from having another artist or outsider collaborator.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

@Ree Cool, no problem. Sorry for that.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, nope. Or it's alright I guess. Chester sounds damn annoying in the intro, but it gets better afterwards.

But.

The only reason I've been listening to the 3 songs released so far is because they're from Linkin Park. That said, none of them remind me a slightly bit of the band I once was a huge fan of. Sure, they evolve as a band, and all that yada yada. But that new particular sound, it simply doesn't interest me.

IronDust71, Brandon and AkirraKrylon like this.
    Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Still searching for it...

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

To be 100% fair, about 3/4 of all LP music to ever come out doesn't sound like 6 minds came together to make this. Does it sound like there are 6 people on any given track? Sure. But nearly every song in the LP discography sounds like it's just Brad and Mike in the kitchen. Even the band acknowledges this.

That said, I like this song. The verses aren't as terrible as they read on paper.

Serenity likes this.
    Zakksalvo

Zakksalvo Well-Known Member

Drake is great. I would love for them to do a slow pop song with drake.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

All I can find is the goddamn troll version :p

Anyway, I'll gladly wait for the official release (hopefully tomorrow).

So far it seems like my expectations of this sounding like a track off Recharged wasn't too far off.

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Guys, this song rocks!