Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Got the song. Piece of advise, listen to this with good headsets.

Pros
    1. It's catchy, that's for sure.
    2. Chester's vocals are good. His voice is just so great and unique. It's really shining in these new songs.
    3. Mike's flow is something you'd hear in many songs but it's new from him and that's good. Also, he does it really well.
    4. Pusha T and Stomrzy's verses were good too.
    5. There are some elements in the music that have caught my attention.

Cons
    1. It's too much like songs these days. I disagree with many that 'Heavy' and especially 'Battle Symphony' sound like songs you'd hear on radio. They stood out, especially 'Battle Symphony'. This song sounds like what gets released every once in few years where you get multiple well known rappers and a well known singer collaborating for a song.
    2. Could've used a bridge from Chester.
    3. This is one song where I think a loud guitar would have given it more dynamic and made it sound less like generic big collaboration hip-hop song.

With some good promotion, this song can sell well.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Well.....it's better than Heavy and Battle Symphony BUT I'm not really feeling Pusha or Stormzy's lines in this. I think Mike's verse is so good that it overshadows the other 2 versus by those guys. Should of let Mike come back in for verse 3 to finish the song off, not have 2 people outside of LP one track. Still, this song is better than the other 2 which put a smile to my face.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I miss the old feeling i had of a new LP song release.
    The fanbase going crazy, every snippet was insane to listen and discuss.
    It was a very special feeling, a passionate one.

KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Good Goodbye doesn't sound particularly bad, but the lyrics are just awful, and the delivery doesn't help very much. This might just be the weakest, most unsophisticated song LP has ever released. It also sounds very similar to Lost In The Echo, which was one of the few LP songs I actually liked from the last two albums, however LITE had way more depth and meaning than this song.

This album is shaping out to be pretty interesting. I like Heavy but it gets old quick. I didn't like Battle Symphony at first but it grew on me and I ended up liking it quite a bit (the acoustic version helped a ton). Unfortunately, I don't see myself liking this song in the future. It's just too generic lyrically, and doesn't really bring anything new to the table. I'm somewhat relieved that the band has called this song a one-off as I hope the other half of the album that we haven't heard yet is much stronger.

Jason likes this.
    leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I really like the song for the most part with the exception of Stormzy's verse. I'll definitely be coming back to this later so it could grow on me. Chester's chorus is delivered so well and I liked hearing Mike try something a little different with his delivery. Pusha T sounds like the most comfortable rapper on this track and it shows as he outshines the other two rappers.

I kind of wish there was a bridge in here though to let the song breathe a little. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Totally agree, and that's what I love about Linkin Park; when it comes to sound design they're second to none IMO. There are a lot of the things I think the band are pretty damn weak at, but they've mastered the craft of writing 3 minute songs with catchy hooks and awesome instrumentals.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No disrespect intended towards Mike, but this is the first time in a long time that I've heard people say Mike's verse is the best. I personally think he's a better rapper than most give him credit for, so it's a good feeling to read that.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I genuinely feel the exact opposite haha. To me Stormzy's verse is easily the best (especially the first half), while Pusha's is by far the weakest. :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

No offense to anyone here (well...), but does anyone find it funny that the usual critics of these left-field songs tend to have names that specifically reference song names or lyrics? Akirra Krylon, KrylonShadow, Qwerty19... :lol:

EDIT: Quote by Qwerty19 for some reason isn't showing in the post, so here's the text:
    Yeah, sorry, nope. Or it's alright I guess. Chester sounds damn annoying in the intro, but it gets better afterwards.

But.

The only reason I've been listening to the 3 songs released so far is because they're from Linkin Park. That said, none of them remind me a slightly bit of the band I once was a huge fan of. Sure, they evolve as a band, and all that yada yada. But that new particular sound, it simply doesn't interest me.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

You should probably stop reading the comments before you end up hyping the song up too much that it ends up disappointing you.

ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

Rose tinted glasses my friend. Every cycle has been pretty divisive since mtm. People hate change, this is why Everytime Facebook changes something everybody loses their shit. Like when they introduced timelines and there were 3 billion boycott groups that eventually got over it. The LT release was a little more involved cause of the arg, but those are a pain in the ass if too complicated, and boring if too simple.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I enjoy Stormzy's verse the most only because of the instrumental change. Dat arpeggio.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

i think it's on itunes, guys. Some countries at least.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Colour me somewhat impressed, although Linking Park's hip-hop side is my least favourite of them by far. However, I can't stand that horrible chipmunk vocal effect at the end of each chorus. Still probably the best release on the album so far.

zendesur

zendesur Member

With that track out I wish there would be more rap parts on the album. And the beginning is fortunately not as annoying as that from Heavy, so I´m straight in a good mood when hearing it.
    Stormzy´s accent saved his lyrics, can´t imagine how Mike would sound rapping them. Overall well done!

Cely_lp and Bane like this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I knew this well...

IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

Why are people so still surprised even now about their music sounding 'digital'? Living Things was mostly electronic music. They had drums and guitars, but most of the instruments in that album were basically a computer. Hell, this song sounds like something that would've been originally a demo for Living Things.

Sasuke and Iopia like this.
    AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

It's ok. Not great, and definitely not LP.

ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

Shit it very well could have. If the jump from the Xero tape, through all of the Demo discs and the EPs have taught us anything its that whenever possible Linkin Park likes to use every part of the animal.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Oh come on :lol:

It's an old user name. Oh well. Technically, you're right.