Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

1. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

To be fair, it's very likely Mike had different lyrics for his second verse.
    #NOTMYLP :kappa:

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  2. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Yeah.. telling myself that I can wait for a official release when a song has leaked is no use at all.

Anyway, I like the song a lot. No surprise there. This one might do very well live and I'm looking forward to hearing Mike doing all the parts (if that will happen). I don't see negatives in the parts from Pusha and Stormzy though.

Loving the end of the song with the drums ending big one more time. All the layers blend so well! Lot's and lot's of vocals in the background.

Good! And now no more leaks till the album gets released!!!

3. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

You beat me to it... hey guys remember when the community ripped on this song? And then Linkin Park released an equally ridiculous song as a single to their latest studio album? Good times...

4. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Prob will be one of my favs from OML. Shame a song this good has to share space with a song like Heavy

5. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

My nightmare comes to life

6. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The song is being released around midnight or an hour before it in all countries. Like Battle Symphony, the song will pop up in your region on iTunes then and is already out in some countries like Australia / Asia etc.

[​IMG]

7. ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

I agree. The songs this far are catchy and average. Although good goodbye has a bit more variation in it because of the 4 vocalists in my opinion. Also I feel like the real "growers" on an album are often not released as singles so there is still some hope I guess.. (Atleast I'm hoping for some songs that can be played over and over again without getting boring).

8. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

This album is doing something to me i hoped the day would never came.

Chester's voice is starting to get annoying. I hope it doesn't happen to any of you, but i'm starting to listen his voice as too much "nose-y" and too much "boy-bandy" as a guy said up there.

9. Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

WHAT A DOPEEEEEEEE SONGGGGGGGGGGG. Three rappers but this tune would be nothing without Chester. Chester fucking killed it! Mike held his own too!!

10. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

To be honest this has always annoyed me though. Sure, I'm not saying they're Radiohead or Floyd, but I just can't agree that they're "objectively worse than CRJ and the Backstreet Boys". Not saying they're necessarily better, but I've just never liked how LP has to be a "guilty pleasure" while other pop acts are more socially acceptable to like. :shrug:

Sasuke, Bane and Alexrednex like this.
  11. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I hate to be so negative. I just know the band is capable of so much more than this. I refresh this page for days and days waiting for this song to drop and then I get exposed to that 3:30 of WTF am I listening to.

Noenemy and Atticus like this.
  12. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you've stuck around as long as you have if you feel that 90% of LP's music is "meh" and that Meteora was...what you said. I don't think you're going to find many people on a Linkin Park fan site that can relate to what you're talking about here.

13. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

I think some of you could agree with me that this song would be considered better if it wasn't made by Linkin Park

#OMLwillNotDivideUs

14. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

:rofl: :rofl:

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You'll find there are quite a few people who do relate to that. There's a good percentage of people here that stay on the forum for the people, not necessarily the band. It's what happens when you've been on a fan forum for 14 years. Tastes change.

16. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Like, Mike delivers his verse with a really strong authoritative voice. That makes his verse sound really cool. But as others have pointed out, he's completely borrowing the flow and what even is his verse? It's more or less the same rap verse he's been writing over and over again for the better part of a decade now.

ALTHOUGH, I will say, the song has the potential to become a great parody if any fans of the McElroy brothers decide to write a version of the song called "Good Good Boys." So it does have that.

Serenity likes this.
  17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

That's why I think LT is one of their worst albums to date.

18. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I certainly relate. i took no offense to your response. If anything I am beginning to accept the some of the things you said. It's a tough pill to swallow really... I live for the 10% of not-meh Linkin Park. I am always trying to hype them to my friends and defend them... But releases like the past 3 singles don't help my case.

Michele likes this.
  19. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Decade? Don't you mean his entire career?

20. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Regarding Mike's verse I honestly couldn't care less about the lyrics at this point. It's never been a strong suit of the band and I don't listen to their music for that. The verse sounds good and that's all I care about. :shrug:

Serenity, Fathom, Sasuke and 3 others like this.