Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

ATS flashbacks. Man I remember those days, it was like a war zone...

2. Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

Yep. and in a about 2-3 years when there's a new album release coming up this will be called LP's second best album, the first bein ATS of course.

3. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

This reminds me of "Blackout". There is a sound between 0.40min. and 0.55min., which reminds me of the Backstreet Boys everytime. It's a sound which was typical for Boybands early in the 90s.

By the way, look at the description: "Blackout from the album Reanimation - the fourth studio album by American band Linkin Park. It was released on September 8, 2010, by Warner Bros. Records." It's their official Youtube Channel.

:samuel:

4. jbr10ba

jbr10ba New Member

Why does this song also feature the chipmunks? Terrible

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I've never been idolizing ATS so much, but it trully was a solid record.

And I think every single song on that one was far more interesting than all 3 releases from OML.

Hans Muster likes this.
  6. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think I kind lost the skill to say if a song/band is good for real or not. Maybe because I really don't care about i anymore. If I like, I'll listen.

Also I listen to A LOT of kpop, so I'm used to overproduced songs and blah blah blah.

I feel that this album will become one of mt favorite albums from them, it has the kind of vibe I'm into right now.

7. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Nice, I really like what I hear. Love Mikes part, I feel a little bit of ATS here and there, some familiar LP sounds and I easily can see this as a song for the NBA.

Abel likes this.
  8. Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Sometimes I get the feeling that LP are very underrated as musicians, even by their own fanbase. They write a few radio-friendly pop songs (something they've been constantly doing over the years), and some people suddenly forget that they also wrote The Little Things Give You Away, When They Come For Me, Robot Boy, The Catalyst, WFTE, A Line in the Sand, etc.

Inventing the HT/Meteora sound is a big accomplishment in itself as well.

I'm not the biggest fan of these three song either (not that they aren't enjoyable), but this "they are not that that great after all" is a bit sad. Yes, they are.

Meteorain, Rhel, Zain and 4 others like this.
  9. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Ok, i listened this song for some more times (like 50 more times), what already makes this song better than BS and Heavy becouse i couldn't listened to them two times in a row, and i must say I like it, it's pop for sure, but I don't mind a well made pop, the verse about linkin things in park still annoyes me af but i try not to pay atention to lyrics during this verse. Mike's lyrics surely become more generic every song he raps and i am a little bit sad that i will have to search for the guitars in this song for a longer time that i looked for these legendary Arcade Fire's strings in I'll be gone but what the hell, i enjoy the song and this is most important

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Difference was ATS was interesting and original, and the reaction because LP fans never heard music like that.

Now it's because LP are making copy and paste pop songs.

I don't hate them but they're uninspired and repetitive.

Bane and Jason like this.
  11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Fun song. Their best? Not by a country mile, but fun nonetheless. Sounds more like a remix though, and that's fine. Summer vibes continue.

Open your minds.

SkullDevil217, Drytf, Abel and 4 others like this.
  12. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'm just enjoying more upbeat, happier Linkin Park than sad, angry Linkin Park.

The Joesen One, Abel, Blake and 5 others like this.
  13. demoncarnotaur

demoncarnotaur Member

Wasn't a fan at first, but now that I've listened to with headphones it's grown on me. The mixing has a bigger punch to it IMO when compared to Heavy and BS.

Would have liked to see something a little different from Chester on this one, but hey it was fun.

14. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Still absolutely loving the production on these tracks and how the instrumental never bores by staying the same, which is what most of their music usually suffers from. Mike's verse and flow is definitely a highlight too, and thankfully Stormzy's didn't make me want to shoot my ears off (completely) unlike his own tracks. Lyrics didn't bother me because honestly, anyone who's been a fan of the band for even just one album cycle should know by now not to actually believe what they say during the hype. I'm just looking for music I'll enjoy- anyone expecting anything flat-out amazing or groundbreaking is just setting themselves up for massive disappointment.
    Bottom line, I will gladly take shit like this over the standard LP pop-rock instrumental any day. This suits them more imo and it just sounds so much better than their other pop tracks they've been churning out for two decades. 7.5/10 good banger we got here. And still very entertaining to continue to read the replies of the people who take personal offense to these tracks though :lol: Keep em comin

Zane likes this.
  15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

That was pretty fun i have to admit. Definitely a step up from Heavy and Battle Symphony.

But this chipmunk sound, really? :rofl: that was pretty unnessescary.

O just gave up about bringing them near to my friends, because it doesnt work at all :lol:

Abel, Bane and Jason like this.
  16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I definitely wouldn't mind more sad LP songs, but angry LP songs? We have way more than enough of those.

Abel, Alexrednex, Bane and 2 others like this.
  17. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Shit, Mike's verse is sick as hell :headbang:and THAT BASS! #RUNTHETRVP BITCHEZZ :awesome:
    I don't like the chorus. sounds like Battle Symphony reloaded.
    Pusha verse is also great, but I wasn't impressed by Stormzy though.

18. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

I love it! Everyone sounds so good on the song and the production has a lot of variety. People would definitely be a lot more positive if this was released as a Fort Minor song. Regardless, I love it.

Halfway Dwight and Avo like this.
  19. Noenemy

Noenemy Member

Hate it :( It's way too slow imo and Chester sounds horrible so far. OML is going to be a huge disappointment.

Jason likes this.
  20. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Oh yeah jeez, I get that the new songs aren't the most original instrumentally, but anything's better than the generic pop-rock power chords we usually get. :lol:

Abel, Sasuke and Avo like this.