Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

1. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

Personal taste is something really curious, I feel very confused when I read people who didn't like Battle Symphony because I absolutely loved it, lmao.

I still can't understand the drama some people are making about the band or the album/songs, but whatever.

IronDust71 and Avo like this.
  2. Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

All the songs Until now is “Just ok". Is just good, but nothing special.
    I do not think any of these 3 songs will be in my playlist in a couple of years

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I find absolutely nothing about this song to be 90's.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  4. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Yeah I just don't hear music right tbh. People usually disagree with what I hear.

5. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Are you deaf? What are you talking about?

:kappa:

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  6. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I've never seen someone comment with so much hate and anger before. No one should ever be that angry.

ciao_fiv and Halfway Dwight like this.
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm not gonna listen to this one but, despite my reservations about the lyrics (specifically how there's no swearing), I am still excited for it.

Re: the discussion a few pages back, I'm one of those fans that doesn't like a lot of LP's songs anymore - the list of songs I think are okay is pretty brief. I call them my favourite band but that's getting more and more tedious. Music is different now than it was when I first got into them, and the way I choose what to listen to doesn't really leave any room for LP.

IronDust71 likes this.
  8. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I don't hate the songs and I definitely don't want them to stop making music because they've made an album I may not be a big fan of.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with these songs. Again, really holding out that this doesn't end up my least favorite album of theirs next to THP, but I'm not going to resent the band for making what they want to make.

9. Computer Monitor

Computer Monitor Member

I can only hope that the actual music itself is good, because the lyric is juvenile trash.

10. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

This song is absolutely terrible. And I don't say that generally about LP songs, I like pretty much every song on an LP studio album, apart from maybe The messenger which i just think is horribly weak, I don't mind it as a closer though...

But to be fair to the band it's the guest spots which ruin the song, Chester's parts sound awesome, the opening of the song is very good, the chorus is very good, Mike's rap is pretty interesting sounding and then the song just gets worse until we get to the final verse which is absolute trash, horrible lyrics and whoever is delivering the verse doesn't rap but mostly talks and mumbles complete and utter nonsense who the hell are these random ass dudes they find to put on this track? Horrible. Completely ruins the song, once they recorded this LP should have had the balls to say, sorry you ruined the song, we are not putting this on the record.

Guest spots are great if done right, but there is a reason you listen to a band, it's because you like that band, if you start putting too many random guests on the albums that are so random and so different from the real talent the band has, you just lose everything that made it great. If I wanted to listen to this scummy trash music, I would listen to this instead of LP.

number9large and frezer86 like this.
  11. Computer Monitor

Computer Monitor Member

OK, I just listened to it. That was pretty bad, TBH. Mike's rap is stiff and lack any kind of flow and the guests only make the song even more distorted and disjointed. The music itself is off the shelf generic stuff.

So far all the of the Singles are bad and mediocre at best.

We should have higher standard than this... come on...

number9large likes this.
  12. minuteforce

Scummy trash music happens to be a thing I dig. Pretty good way to phrase it :lol:

Smarky likes this.
  13. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

haha pretty sure if someone described the music I listen too as "Scummy trash music" I would see it as a compliment too :D

14. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I'm having some positive feelings about this. But I woudn't call it a great song but it's solid. As someone who has been following full album cycles since Living Things, I have to say I've never been less excited for an LP album. That's because feel there is a common tone with these 3 songs and it probably won't be much different with the other songs.

15. Mitch

Mitch YTB

I really dig it. Love the chorus. Then again, I've always loved these pop sounding choruses so that's probably my favourite part. Excited for the rest of the songs.

16. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Well there has only been one album since LIVING THINGS so thats not even that long...

Also, don't forget #ALLCAPSEVERYTHING.

17. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I definitely get where you're coming from as well, and while I personally still love most of the band's songs, it's more that the sheer amount of music I like just as much means that only A Thousand Suns gets listened to fairly regularly. But I totally get why a lot of people mightn't be as into the band as they once were; tastes fluctuate in different directions over the years, so it makes sense.

Just as a random follow on, honestly the only attitude I don't get (and no one's really said this on here, thankfully) are the people who feel the need to justify not liking a band's music that much anymore by saying "well it was always pretty mediocre". People trying to objectively categorise music like that, (especially when they're using it to justify their own tastes) just puts a bad taste in my mouth haha. Maybe I'm just touchy. :lol:

18. minuteforce

Our tastes fluctuate and the band's tastes fluctuate and it shows in what they make, and it's only luck if there's ever an alignment. I like LP a lot, but in a totally different way to whatever else I listen to, where I can't really immerse in their musical world like I can with other artists. I think it could be a bit of a complex

Iopia likes this.
  19. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I'm actually feeling this. I've always had varied tastes though. Stormzy is probably the only thing I don't prefer, but I've never been a fan.

20. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

If there's anything I do really appreciate about this track, it's the production. The mixing and everything sounds top notch. The sounds may not be revolutionary, but they are all really well-done, it's sounds super solidly constructed, derivative or not.

Edit: I've seen a couple of people say it reminds them of LITE, that's a pretty whack comparison if you ask me lol. Just because there's some fast-moving synth arpeggios? To me they're quite different.