Linkin Park - Good Goodbye ft. Stormzy and Pusha T Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Unlike Battle Symphony, this one has Dark Colors. Love it.

2. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

God dammit! I literally JUST listened to an unofficial rip because I couldn't find anything official and it was after 12. I came here to discuss it right after only to find that they just posted the lyric video. Fuckin' A.

The song is dope though. Definitely my favorite so far (though I have naturally developed a relationship with Heavy over the past 2 months).

EDIT: It's poppy and mainstream but it's my kind of mainstream. Like it's one for the cool kids lol.
    EDIT 2: Lyric video is dope. It has some imagery that's reminiscent of their older stuff and has a cool dark theme overall. I agree that LP's lyric videos are nearly as pleasurable to watch as their actual music videos.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    minuteforce likes this.
  3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, there are some artists who have really taken lyrics videos to another level, most notably/recently The Chainsmokers, who brought the #vibes with their "Closer" and "Paris" ones.
    Linkin Park is BACK!!

IronDust71 likes this.
  4. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

They really stepped up their game with the lyric videos this cycle. Especially BS was really good and GG also has some nice imagery.

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Good lyric video.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Nu-metalheads in shambles with this song.

7. Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is supposedly the only track with rapping from mike on OML right? If so is there a source to that info?

8. ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

after listening to it a lot today, every time I listen I pick up another subtle little thing on the track. It's like Mike put his foot up our ass DMX style and was like Fuck what you've heard, it's what your hearing. loving this album cycle, have not been let down yet!

9. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Now thiiiiiis song is dope. Given me a bit more hope for the production on the rest of the album.

10. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I finally managed to listen to it, and it's honestly isn't that bad! At least after based on the lyrics, the delivery and performance are the saving grace for the song. Although there's certain nuances in the song that bug me....

With that being said, I'm wondering how will the music video look like for this song, and what's the next single if they are gonna release one before the album release.

P.S: I have seen some fans have commented on LP always being/becoming very mediocre in their music. My take on it is that to a certain degree, they aren't that great as compared to other (better) musicians(aside from the fact that people's taste change) , but they are capable of making good music if they put their mantle on it. I daresay it's why MTM and ATS happened to be the more memorable albums for fans, both who love and hate it. To be honest, this doesn't just apply to LP alone but to all bands and musicians as well; the "age" doesn't necessarily dictate the creative prowess of their music. So that's my 2 cents.

11. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

No, no!

Actually, Chester intro, at least, makes me think a lot of 90's pop. Or maybe it's just the hook. Dunno, but there is something.

12. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but chester sounds like a mid 2000s euro pop singer even in the melody and the clapping noise but that's just my opinion lol

13. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Better then bs but still like heavy more

14. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Third consecutive song from LP that I don't like at all, and I won't listen it again. It only annoys me while I listen to it. I'm ok with band exploring new territories on last albums, but this is way too far for me. Song sounds like everything I hate about music nowadays, like every other pop rap shit from the radio

15. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I hear power chords

Rhel likes this.
  16. Rhel

Rhel Member

So, so far I like Heavy, and Good Goodbye seems okay too. Battle Symphony... I dunno, not my thing.
    The rap verses... Hey I really like Mike's voice so that helps, and the lyrics being a bit cheesy is kinda part of the fun, especially given what Chester said the inspiration was. Stormzy's verse feels kinda like the weakest part of the song to me. I mean "linking things in park", "Bro Bros"? Come on ;)

BTW. Not a big Hip Hop Nerd, but can someone with a better a ear for the genre tell me if I'm crazy or not for thinking that as fars the rhythm and flow goes Pusha T's verse sounds more like a "classic" Mike Shinoda verse than Mike's actual verse in this song?

17. JasonJielN

JasonJielN Well-Known Member

Yep there are definitely slight distorted riffs in the last two choruses

18. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

On the subject - why don't bands put out as many music videos as they used to anymore, of the conventional kind?

19. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

*tings in parks

Anyway, you're just saying that grime rappers aren't your thing, which is fine (grime's not really my thing either) but there's no need to ridicule them for the typical vernacular that they use :huh:

Deliveranze likes this.
  20. Rhel

Rhel Member

Yeah, after going through a bit of Grime on youtube (wasn't really aware of that as a seperate genre) I think it's fairly safe to say it's mostly not my thing,
    Mind you I wasn't trying to ridicule the genre or anything. Like I said in my post I'm not really that big into Hip Hop and adjacent genres, so I'm not really in a position to judge whether something is good from a technical standpoint. What I'm trying to say is for all I know Stormzy could be an absolute god in technical terms and I wouldn't even realize it. Pearls before swine and all that.

But some of the lyrics on that verse still seem a bit off to me.

On the things/tings, only just noticed they actually write it in the accent in the lyrics. I'm just not used to writing out phonetic accents, so no offence intended :)