GOOD GOODBYE - Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Brandon, Apr 13, 2017.

?

GOOD GOODBYE - Opinion Poll

1. 5/5 - I loved it! One of the band's best songs!

2. 4/5 - They've done better, but still awesome.

3. 3/5 - I liked it, but I have mixed feelings about it.

4. 2/5 - Weak. Not really interested.

5. 1/5 - Horrible and forgettable.

6. 0/5 - I fucking hate it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Opinions. Quantify them.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

That's a nice song, maybe too superficial and radio-friendly but still cool.
    Mixed feels, nice and bad at the same time. I know I'll like it better with time so I voted 3/5 and not 2.

About the collaborations, I think Pusha T and Stormzy were awesome but it didn't work for the Chipmunks, sorry.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Meh. Especially the Chipmunks.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

3/5 here. Only because apparently I'm the only one who thinks Pusha's verse was terrible and sounded off time at spots. I would've rather had Mike's deleted 2nd verse in place of Push's with Stormzy at the end. I feel Push's part weakened the song.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

0/5, Mike ran out of creativity and decided to rip off the lyrics from MJ's Beat It. Many of the words and even the subject matter is the same. MJ is a legend and will forever be the only pop musician with talent.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I like the instrumental and chorus, that's it. Much like the other two I likely won't play these often individually outside of OML playthroughs. That's nearly 1/3rd of the album so far and there's nothing that's really been gripping to me. My hype for the album as a whole has been waning with each release, but still holding out for a song or two that becomes one of my favorites of theirs.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

4/5 This shit goes hard :headbang:

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

2/5. I know I'll listen to it a good number of times because it's LP, but this is just not my thing. If it was a Fort Minor track I could get behind it, but I feel like it's gonna bring OML down for me, especially since it's only a 10-track album. Definitely gonna be one of my least-listened to tracks with time. (I'm hoping I'm wrong, and it significantly grows on me after the 3 listens I've given it).

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

In my opinion, this song is trash and this album is shaping up to be their most disappointing one yet.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

1/5, Mike's verse is the only thing that worked for me in this song. Apart from that, the rest of the lyrics are awful, the song is sub-par even by Linkin Park standards. I'm glad this is the only song of it's kind on the album and I'm hoping none of the other songs dip this far into "poppy" territory.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Man what are you talking about?

Sathyanikethan, brady and Noosh like this.
    Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

3/5. Really Like Mike`s and Stormzy`s Lines. Pusha-T ist just plain awful. Chester`s Singing sounds good, really like the beat. But again, Pusha-T....damn he`s bad. It is that kind of Rapping, where the Artist is trying to rhyme the ending syllables of different words to make them sound alike. Hate this kind of approach. But again, Stormzy is dope.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

2.5. It's weak for sure, but it's not bad or even really 'boring', exactly. It's just like a less good version of a song that I'd probably like if someone else did it. The guests weren't as distracting or as bad as I expected. Hear it and forget it pop radio at its textbook standard.

I don't expect this to be a bad album. But I very much expect it to be released and quickly forgotten.

AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

First, let's talk about the features. I'd really prefer if they'd let us know about these features beforehand, and I really hope this is the last feature on the album. Pusha T was alright, don't know if I liked the other guy.

But the high pitched voices, god dammit. This is easily the worst out of the 3 so far, but it's not terrible. It's probably as good as In Between, which isn't saying much. 2/5, 4.5/10.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

4/5. It's very safe and radio friendly, but it's still better than most of what I'm hearing on the radio. I enjoyed Mike's verse, but he could have been a bit more creative with it. Stormzy isn't my thing.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wouldn't take any post seriously by someone with the username freddurst.

@LP2K12, brady, Hans Muster and 2 others like this.
    myGuitarCoversHD

myGuitarCoversHD Member

3/5 for me. Not a big fan of rap or hip hop anymore but I definetly enjoyed the instrumental and the chorus is catchy, which is a good thing in this case.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

3/5 - Honestly I'm all for the pop side of LP being unleashed into the world, but something doesn't quite work for me. "Heavy" was a generic emo pop song, but it was a solid pop song with an epic bridge breakdown. "Battle Symphony" was my favorite because it's a generic uplifting pop song and yet it's not only the first LP song in a while that's positive and happy, but also that I can hear Mike's production all over the samples, beats and synths. "Good Goodbye" just sounds really strange. :lol: It is a generic hip hop song, with 808s, chipmunk singing, drumpads, trap beats and bongos(?). It sounds something off Cruel Summer, which is ok (I guess?). I enjoy Stormzy's verse the most, with Pusha's next despite weird lyrics, most likely because of my biased love towards Pusha. Mike's verse is ok, but better than the usual, I suppose.

As a Linkin Park song, it's pretty meh, but as a hip hop song this is straight FIRE.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

3/5
    I have a feeling that Good Goodbye will work well in the context of the album. Whenever Linkin Park have changed their style drastically, the songs turned out to feel better as part of the album rather than in the context of their earlier songs.
    That being said, I'm not sure yet whether I like it better than Heavy. Both are solid and catchy pop songs. Heavy had female vocals which is a huge plus and makes it shine over some average LP songs, while GG has that rap/sung thing, that has always worked well for them, but in a more diverse way then usually. Battle Symphony isn't a bad song either, I can appreciate the positivity, but Chester sings the title lyrics literally 10 times, that's not a thing I'm into.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't mind the chipmunk part haha. It's a nice touch imo, by far not the worst part of the song.

Sasuke likes this.