Linkin Park Interview in Upset Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 14, 2017.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I'm sure there is a way to express your discontent without insults

beachdude42 and ciao_fiv like this.
    Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

As long as I like the songs, I don't care about the genre, and I'm liking them. Just updated my signature, specially dedicated to all the crybabies whose names don't need to be mentioned cause they are always sure to show themselves on every single thread here.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I wonder if Good Goodbye is a promotional single or official second single?

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Pretty sure it's an official single with music video.

Knt.Slbs

Sure? Why it doesn't have proper single cover? No physical CD like Heavy?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Its so funny how people are so quick to shrug off the idea that some songs on the album contain complex lyrics when we've heard 3 of 10 songs from the album. :rolleyes:

Now if he said the past 3 songs they put out had really complex lyrics, then yeah sure, post your dumb gifs away.

beachdude42, Abel, ciao_fiv and 3 others like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I don't know? maybe It's coming soon, but they said they had shoot a music video for the song.

And there's probably a pic from the set

beachdude42 likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Ryu would kill this track if he is spitting some cool lines with Mike.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Isn't One More Light about a dying friend? That's the song.

Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

They said it was a woman who worked in Warner

ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Nothing pisses me off more than the fact that you can review albums on iTunes that haven't been released. You can't take a bite of your salad at a restaurant and rate the fucking linguine and whatever else you ordered.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I just find it hilarious and ironic that they are labelling this album as being lyrical, personal and mature, when the first three songs from it show no signs of any of those things. Based on what we've heard so far, let's just say I'm not holding my breath to have my mind blown by the 7 remaining songs.

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

I would say that the act of "moving on" or "acknowledging" that you (as in, a human not you you) have a problem you need to deal with without falling into despair is quite mature, but to each their own.

Regarding about being personal, unless I can access to the band memory I can never relate to their "personal". As you can see, being "personal" could just be the band feeling that the songs are personal to them, not to us.

Edit: to a certain guy, LP is not your gf, stop acting like an ex.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I can at least see where you're coming from, with this.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

LT first 3 songs showed no elements of the experimentation and folk influences from the second half of the album. Maybe this is the same? Doubt it but I hope.

Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I think when you look at the way they dealt with problems in lyrics such as Runaway, Easier to Run and Given Up, it's clear that the recent "holding my ground" attitude is much more mature

beachdude42, Petar and brady like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Maybe the lyrics are personal to them (in fact they are). They're not supposed to be personal to you, but you could, or could not, find something in the songs to relate to.

beachdude42 and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

THEY haven't really done an album like this before, so FOR THEM it is accurate to say they are experimenting and evolving with this album. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant to that.

beachdude42, ciao_fiv and Sasuke like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll never go as far as to try and paint Linkin Park as the most 'musically proficient' or talented band out there (nor would they describe themselves that way), but you know what keeps me coming back to Linkin Park? The fact that virtually every release they've done (with the exception of Meteora and Collision Course) has sounded dramatically different than the record that proceeded it. There's very few if any bands that I listen to that can honestly say they have included elements of rock, folk, pop, edm, pop, hip-hop, and many of the countless sub-genres that exist under those big genres in their music. If someone were to make a list of all the genres the band has experimented or dabbled in, down to sub-genre, even on songs that mix several together, it would be an impressive list.

Does this mean they're the greatest band ever? No, and I wouldn't pretend they were. But I applaud them, and tip my hat to them for always taking big left turns on their music. Maybe I won't always like every single song I hear, but I'll appreciate the fact that they tried something new for them instead of doing the same exact thing twice. It would've been easy and even expected for them to make an THP Part 2. They didn't. They went literally as far away from that as humanly possible, and while some may feel these songs 'sound like other artists', it's still risky for Linkin Park because THEY haven't done before. It's risky because the band has alienated some fans with this change, and pissed off their 'hard rock' fans. And that takes some balls to do something like that, especially at this point in their careers.

fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Linkin park have at least got the courage to try things that put them at risk with their fanbase. I agree with everything you said Derek, and it's not because I'm a little drunk right now.

I'd love it if there were songs on this album that could be played at a house party like most pop music these days. And judging by Good Goodbye and the little bits of Sorry for Now, that might be the case.

God bless this amazing band and god bless you all.

beachdude42, Abel and minuteforce like this.