Linkin Park Interview in Upset Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 14, 2017.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And honestly, I think that's why LT is (in my opinion) the weakest of the 'post MTM' studio albums. It just felt like the band was trying too hard to compromise for the fans after ATS, and it completely forgot some of the experimentation that made ATS so great.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

THIS!!
    Sorry! but NO. fans has their own decision, they're not dependent by Linkin Park. if they didn't like the music LP did, then they can search another band who make the music they like, just that simple.

And speaking for me, I like to see the musicians always doing what they want not what fans want. because this is for me a real artist.

Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

I agree with every word of yours here, Derek. I just see a lot of hate towards the fact that Linkin Park are doing something aside rock/metal music (including the whole rap-rock thing - fast rapping, angry loud guitars, screaming and all that stuff). And I try to express the opinion that every musical genre has its own pros and cons. Just all of them are unique.

I don't mind Linkin Park doing Daft Punk-esque disco, or Depeche Mode-like synth-pop, or even mathcore stuff Dillinger Escape Plan does. I don't mind them doing it in one single album. Hell, it may even be Nickelback's post-grunge going after the Queens of the Stone Age's stoner and Kavinsky's retrowave after that. It is going to be the hard pill to swallow, but after awhile I'm going to be okay with that.

The only thing I expect from them is exploring the genre and basing their music - whatever the genre they're currently working on is - on the magic of the thing they're trying to create, the originals of that genre. I don't want them to make music based on stereotypes. Like, 'oh, we want death metal track. What do we need? Fast drums - check, loud guitars - check, soloing harmonies - check, shred - check, extreme vox - check, okay, let's write lyrics about goats, Satan and stuff.'

What I see now is exactly what I expect them to do, even if the result does not satisfy me. I disliked Heavy, but I admit that it is well-crafted dream-pop track. Battle Symphony made me cringe at some point, but I see that it's well-done pop track. That's all.

(I just realised we were talking about the same, I was misunderstood somehow, my apologies)

Edited my grammar - I'm still making those stupid mistakes.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    beachdude42, minuteforce and Noosh like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If LP hadn't switched it up after their second album, I'm pretty sure they would've lost me as a fan after their third effort. I guess pre-teen me got lucky and picked a pretty good band to champion :)

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

So they have released 3 songs from the album that releases in about one month. Is that typical of LP prior to their album releases? I don't think I remember them releasing this many songs before the official album release. IF they were to keep the current pace up, they will release 5 or 6 songs by ship date.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Well at the rate they have been releasing songs, we actually won't get anymore songs until release. They have been releasing music on a monthly basis and with OML dropping in May, we probably won't get another and if we do, it'll be right before the album

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes they done before! pre-release of THP they released 5 songs (GATS, UIG, Wastelands, Rebellion & FM) before it drops.

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Any ideas what song will be released next if they plan to? Man I can't wait for the album release, this wait just feels like forever heh.

minuteforce

They dropped basically all the ATS songs to promote that album ... and, then, the album leaked. :p

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

People throw the word "sellout" a lot, and claim Meteora the band's best, but if anything, Meteora is the definition of selling out.

Sasuke likes this.
    minuteforce

I don't think of "Meteora" as a "sellout" move, I think that the band genuinely did want to push that sound a little further and see where things could go. They did try a bunch of new things on that album which essentially lead directly to the more out-there things they would go on to do afterwards

Aside from that album, I'm not sure that I know enough to say where the band has and hasn't "sold out". :)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i guess with the first half of LT and THP you just got 1,5 albums of what the fans want.

zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Still, (I'll use the example of Tidal - which sets up the songs in popularity order) songs from LT are more popular than MTM, THP and ATS (this order isn't a coincidence - this is exact popularity order of Linkin Park's songs on Tidal: HT/M, LT, MTM, THP, ATS).
    I am not judging if this album is weak or great but the band may have acheved a little with releasing it.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

It'll probably be One More Light given the fact the band's been hyping it up everywhere, that or Sharp Edges. I'm hoping nothing else gets released before OML comes out now though because, for me, THP was a bit dull as a result of hearing the vast majority of the album before it came out.

blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

I think we'll get another song before the release of album but I'm not happy with it because I know that I won't be able to restrain from listening to it. I'd like to listen to full album now. There are too many songs from One More Light released. We have full versions of Good Goodbye, Battle Symphony and Heavy and snippets of Sorry For Now, One More Light and Talking To Myself. It's enough. I'd like to get the full album right now, no more single songs.

Sasuke likes this.
    snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

What do you guys think of a possible deluxe edition with a couple of more songs? I know they're not too fond of it, judging from the past – but then again, there has always been more (and possibly longer) songs.

There really is no downside to release a lot of singles, for the band/label. I wouldn't be surprised if we got half (5) of the album before the actual album release. The last song will probably drop 1 week before the album release, and be a high-charting hit.

minuteforce

If that was on the cards, it would've been announced a long time ago, before pre-orders opened. :sleep:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It may be weaker, but it sold better. "Burn It Down" was bigger than any ATS single, and brought LP back in the radar for a while (it's also their last Top 40 US single). "Castle of Glass" was huge internationally and is currently their fifth most viewed video on youtube, behind In the End, New Divide, Numb and What I've Done.

Plus its pop appeal is probably the reason why it has a larger replay value (at least for me) for casual listeners compared to the long, epic rock songs of THP.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Granted, this album might be the perfect move after THP.

I mean, really, those new songs are the defintion of ear candies to me. While with THP, you really need to be in a certain mood to appreciate it.

minuteforce likes this.
  20. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

IMO
    This albums is targeted to young Millenials. (Maybe warner is involved)
    The chipmunks supports me. Millenials and Zs Love Chipmunks sounds and vocoders.

Maybe Invisible will have a Nordic woman singing in "Englizh" with bad accent to attract even more millenials and Zs.

"this..... party.... will last Forever,,,, This... party.... will last Forever"""
    then whispering----------------> ""im invisible"" ""Baby""

On a serious note
    Do you guys Think is already late for my loved LP to deliver a Ledzep, a Queen, Pink floyd, even a Guns and roses??????

I mean, Lp will be remembered as a Good Band.
    But, i would like Linkin Park to be on the Legendary side among those other legendary bands.