Linkin Park Announce N. America Summer Tour Presale

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 27, 2017.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

[​IMG]

Linkin Park is teasing their upcoming North America One More Light Tour coming this Summer 2017. While details on dates are still a mystery, the band is announcing a new verified fan pre-sale system through Ticketmaster to help fans obtain tickets and avoid scalpers or bots. Pre-sales will begin May 9th with a maximum of 4 tickets per reservation.

All fans (INCLUDING LPU MEMBERS) must register to reserve a spot in line for pre-sales. While LPU members will be further ahead in the queue, fans have the opportunity to move up the queue through buying the new album and sharing the pre-sale sign up. Fans furthest up the queue have the opportunity to win meet and greets with Linkin Park before their concert! Sign up for Linkin Park Underground HERE. Fans will need a Ticketmaster account to reserve.

Source: Linkin Park

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Having a good feeling they will come to Seattle, especially after this :D

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm... not sure I love this system...

There are like five choices of cities I would be willing to travel to if I had to (if my preferred one sold out) and I can only register for one city.

I guess we'll see what happens. I really hope I don't end up on StubHub or talking to scalpers.

Zane likes this.
    Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

C'mon, Minnesota!

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Agreed...I thought the presale system was LPU? Now you have to literally work your way up to a better spot.

Meteorain likes this.
    Blake

I will say this, at least they automatically switch you to the closest city if your city is not on the list. They also let you change cities at any time without losing progress and you can change cities before pre-sale starts when the cities are announced (assumedly next week).

Source:
    "You are currently in line for Seattle, WA. If the band plays there, you'll get a confirmed spot in that line. Otherwise, we'll place you in the closest tour city. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any of your progress! If you’d like to change cities, you can also transfer at any time."

Meteorain likes this.
    The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

How do they link preorders to your account? What if we already pre-ordered the album... do we just not gain that benefit?

Edit: never mind, I think I see my email listed under Purchase Credits which means I got it

James11693

James11693 Member

I wonder how much of a percentage these pre sales will be, as in how many tickets will be given out this way. I'm worried if I don't get a chance with this presale, that I won't get tickets. There's gotta be other pre sales and general admission sales right? Who knows how much though

Blake

Pre-Sale for shows are always limited at a certain amount. I don't know what the number is but there will be plenty of seats left on the regular sell date. I'm guessing this will be another Arena tour, especially if the rumor of it being a Blink-182 co-headlining tour checks out. This means a vast majority of the tickets will be left until regular sell date because of how large arenas are.

EDIT: Also, The 1975 did pre-sale through this same way just with the "moving up in line" and instead people were selected randomly. The only pre-sale would be for AMEX card customers which all shows get due to them having a contract with ticketmaster. There won't be any other standard pre-sale.

Zane

Yeah the issue for me is that I am in a moving stage between college, grad school, and a summer job. So I could be in three different places depending on time.

Meteorain likes this.
    James11693

James11693 Member

Awesome, thanks! So general on sale should have plenty of tickets? Also, it doesn't mention anything about being chosen randomly. Just find it weird that they wouldn't mention that if it is a random thing . They kind of make it sound like you'll definitely have access to tickets.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Meteorain

That's good... but I also just remembered my LPU and Ticketmaster accounts are under different emails lol.

That's not their fault obviously, but I hope it doesn't screw up their ability to recognize that I am an LPU member. I have been for a long time, so that would suck.

Zane

I had to link my account so if you didn't get that you need to double check I think.

Blake

You misread what I wrote. The 1975's was using the same system but randomly chosen winners.

ShankatsuForte

ShankatsuForte Keep My Distance..

I am morbidly curious, the link in the news post looks like the link mine generated to help people get the extra push, are we helping out staff by using it?

Meteorain

This is reassuring, as I did get the ask to link accounts, and the confirmation that it worked. That should remove all doubt, right?

Edit: I also got this screen saying "You've got a spot in line" with a listing of tweets, albums purchased, some other stuff, and an icon saying LPU member.

I'm confident now lol. Thanks though Zane!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Zane likes this.
    Blake

Man, I'm just hoping this gets announced next week. Really want to see if the Linkin Park/Blink-182 co-headlining tour turns out to be true

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Unless they tour with someone I want to see just as bad, I'll be skipping this tour. I have a baby on the way, so I don't want to spend $130 for a GAPIT ticket.

I love this band, but everything they do now has become so expensive.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I don't even remember the last time they were in Philadelphia, seems like it's been a while. I doubt they'll stop here, it's usually some other part of PA. Part of me would want to go see them just to seem them, but concerts aren't really my thing :think:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

They've gone to Camden instead, which is down right frightening to travel through.