One More Light sales predictions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Chris loves LP, May 3, 2017.

?

How many copies of One More Light will be sold on week 1 in the US?

Poll closed May 24, 2017.
  1. under 75k

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. 75-100

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. 100-125

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. 125-150

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. 150-200

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. 200-250

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. 250-300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 300-400

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. 400-500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 500+

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
    Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

With singles like Heavy, Good Goodbye, and by working with pop producers, it's clear that the band went for commercial success with this album. How well do you think it will work out for them?

For reference:

Meteora - 810,000
    Minutes to Midnight - 623,000
    A Thousand Suns - 241,000
    LIVING THINGS - 223,000
    The Hunting Party - 110,000

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It's really rare for albums to actually make it past the 100k mark on week 1 anymore. :shrug:

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Still, I think they would be disappointed with anything below 100. Panic! at the disco sold 170 about a year ago, and they (he) is nowhere near as big as LP.

zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

I won't be too optimistic and at the same time not overly pessimistic like some votes here so I'd say somewhere between 75k and 100k and if they even reached 100k , that would be more than enough to gain the top spot at billboard.Anything under 75k will be a flop given how heavy sold 198k copies (according to kworb) in 2 months.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

The thing is: a lot of the fanbase is disappointed with the singles and wont buy it right away. They will wait to listen to it online first, and then will think about buying.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

At first, I was certain it would perform better than THP, but I think 75k-100k is more realistic. Even other big rock acts that aren't Coldplay or Imagine Dragons like Green Day didn't break 100k with their last album. I am really curious to see how it performs though. I have the CD pre-ordered, so I'm doing my part.

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

The truth is that album "sales" aren't a big thing anymore. A lot of people stream the album, which doesn't count as heavily towards a "sale" as a actual sale does. I'd actually be more interested to the the first week digital streams. That being said, it is possible for it to surpass THP, there was a lot more promotion this time around, but breaking 100K is becoming increasingly more hard for many artists now-a-days.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

One More Light is gonna sell around 50k during the first week. P. Roach's Crooked Teeth comes out on the same day and and will be #1 will over 1 million copies sold in the first week.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Sure, and Santa Claus will headline Rock am Ring next year.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

The difference tho is that LP have gotten more coverage from outside their fanbase this time. 'Heavy' is mostly hated by the fanbase but the song is doing pretty well on its own in the US. Currently Top 15 in the pop radio charts, is in the top 20 on iTunes and hasn't been below top 35 in over a month. This is not because of their fanbase but from outside listeners.

I'm expecting anywhere between 120k - 180k. I would say that they still haven't properly released a second single. They haven't promoted good goodbye or battle symphony as they did heavy. That might be a down point for their sales expectations.

But you can be sure that the album will debut at 1 or 2.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

The album could do pretty well because it attracted a lot of attention, there are many different versions and the promotion has been good. Many people could buy the album out of curiosity even though they've never really listened to LP. Majority of fan base could buy it after listening on Spotify and decide to purchase it because they find it good. I really think people who decide to skip this album will be in minority. Around 80-100 k could be sold the first werk. What's considered to be a good sale on the first week? Personally, I'll buy it because I'm curious.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Sales are really low now compared to before, and the highest selling album this year is Kendrick's new album which sold 600k copies. So around the 200k-500k mark I guess is very good.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Of course they're, there isn't a possibility to buy a physical copy any more (in most countries anyway) and there are so many album leaks and chances of listening to music without buying it. That's why I'm asking what's considered to be a good sale. I hope this album will do very well.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Yep, agreed.

Heavy does already have 10 million more streams on Spotify than the most streamed song off "The Hunting Party" has (Final Masquerade)

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Really want to know how the numbers are looking so far.
    It's number 1 on iTunes in 30 countries in the world. 2nd in US. Was 1st until few hours ago.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I voted 200k

Why?

-Streaming Counts now. Streaming did not count back when Living Things and The Hunting Party were released
    - All the pre-orders of the albums from people trying to get better places in line as well as potentially meet the band.
    -Every ticket bought to the US tour of One More Light came with copies of the album. Every redeemed copy counts as a sale.

P.S. Everyone listen to this album on Spotify just for the first week even if you own the CD> Streaming counts so let's help the band!

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

LP seems to have a built-in base of around 90-100k people who buy any album new immediately, so I'd wager somewhere around there. Would be very surprised to see it outperform THP significantly. Doable, but I'd be amazed to see it happen.

Have you been shitposting like this since 2008 or is this new?

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Honestly don't know anymore with how streaming has taken over

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

It will be a miracle if it crosses the six-figure mark. The amount of hate it is getting on the web is unreal. Although this album is not my favorite of them(quite the contrary), it really saddens me to see such a strong hate against it. :( I know that we shouldn't really care about it but it's really hard to escape when it's around everywhere.

Seriously, this is just disappointing. A 40-minute rant on LP. Loudwire used to be quite positive regarding them. In fact, they gave both LT and THP 4/5 stars in their earlier reviews. Seeing this coming from them is shocking.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

That was an incredibly boring, meandering listen and I was forced to turned it off 23 minutes in (I'm amazed I made it that far...), but they didn't necessarily give any unfair criticisms. They just reworded "this isn't deep or very good" over and over again for nearly a half hour.