Bush calls for a ban..

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Feb 26, 2004.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I have another random question about homosexuality. What drew gays to San Fransisco (before it became the unofficial gay capitol of the states)?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Actually, Derek, I do agree with you.

I mean, if gays want to be considered to be the same as others, than they should just have the same laws and such as straights. Gays shouldn't expect to have extra special treatment.

People automatically assume when a gay gets beat up that it is a predujice attack and that the person who did the beating should go more years and such. That's bullshit.

If someone gets beat up. It's not a gay or straight getting beat up. It's not a black or white getting beat up. It's a ####### human.

I mean, you see no laws that go for women but not for men, do you?

I think if one group of people have to follow a certain law, that than everyone should follow that law.

Being gay is not a disease, therefore, being gay shouldn't mean getting more rights than a straight. It's just stupid.

I just think that gays and straights should have the same rights - Not one having more than the other. Just the same. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you for agreeing. Like I said, I dont hate homosexual/lesbian people.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I get what your saying, and I also agree with you.

One Canadian politic said 'Go get married and shut up about it!'. I thought it was kind of a rough way to say it.

But yeah, they don't exactly deserve anymore rights than the next straight man/woman.

(To lazy to figure anything else out right now so meh.)

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

Did you all hear about Rosie O'Donnell getting married today? She said something on Good Morning America about how people need to take things into their own hands, and if civil disobedience is what is needed to get homosexual marriage sanctioned, then so be it.

here's a link to an article about it

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

This is my point of view: If you love someone, it doesn't matter if you are married. Marriage doesn't make or strengthen love. It's just a way of saying: we love each other. I'm not homophobic, but I still believe that homosexuals are giving up some rights by being the way they are. Homosexuality is against nature. I don't care if you are Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, whatever, homosexuality has been frowned upon since. . .well, a quick inspection of Levictus will say that it has been frowned upon for a HELL of a long time. Let's just make a quick check of the Bible, a book accepted by millions of Christians and Catholics, Jews, and some Muslims. Levictus 19:22 states "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman, such a thing is an abomination." I'm just gonna say that the Bible was written by men, so you obviously have to change male to female if you are a woman. If you want to be gay, go ahead. But if you are really a patriot for your country, you would be wise not to change the foundations that so many people have fought for since the founding of this nation just so you can get married. I mean, damnit, what next?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's really beautiful how America is also built upon the foundation that "all men are created equal", yet you won't let everyone have equal rights. Also, the government should have ABSOLUTELY NO association with the bible or any religious thing when making their choice about whether homosexuals should be allowed the same rights as non-homosexuals. That is an abomination. It's pure descrimination. It's whole-heartedly evil and unfair to anyone who has the courage to make a choice on their behalf on whether they want to be gay or not, and they should not be chastized for making their decision. The world has become so putrid that a man is beaten to a pulp or a woman is refused the rights of any basic human being because they love someone from their own sexual orientation.

Also, not being married does not mean that two people do not completely love each other, it's just the ultimate profession of love to your significant other. It's a spiritual bond between two people until "death do we part". That is important to very many people and they should not be refused that right.

I'm not a homosexual, but I am pretty sick of this discriminating world using the church as their scapegoat to disallow human beings with different sexual preferences to have basic rights. This is not about special treatment, it's about equality.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

It's really beautiful how America is also built upon the foundation that "all men are created equal", yet you won't let everyone have equal rights. Also, the government should have ABSOLUTELY NO association with the bible or any religious thing when making their choice about whether homosexuals should be allowed the same rights as non-homosexuals. That is an abomination. It's pure descrimination. It's whole-heartedly evil and unfair to anyone who has the courage to make a choice on their behalf on whether they want to be gay or not, and they should not be chastized for making their decision. The world has become so putrid that a man is beaten to a pulp or a woman is refused the rights of any basic human being because they love someone from their own sexual orientation.

Also, not being married does not mean that two people do not completely love each other, it's just the ultimate profession of love to your significant other. It's a spiritual bond between two people until "death do we part". That is important to very many people and they should not be refused that right.

I'm not a homosexual, but I am pretty sick of this discriminating world using the church as their scapegoat to disallow human beings with different sexual preferences to have basic rights. This is not about special treatment, it's about equality. [/b][/quote]
    woah, that was really well said. but yeah, if you say being homosexual is a sin, then whats the point in banning gay marriages? it isnt going to change the fact that there are still going to be homosexuals around or anything. and i see people going around saying marriage is sacred, if you come here to las vegas, people get married in drive-thrus. if thats sacred then im seriously confused.

It's sad that all humans are supposedly equal yet gays are denied such a basic right as marriage.

I can't remember who said this but it's very true in the world we live in today: "Everyone is equal, but some are just more equal than others."

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's sad that all humans are supposedly equal yet gays are denied such a basic right as marriage.

I can't remember who said this but it's very true in the world we live in today: "Everyone is equal, but some are just more equal than others." [/b][/quote]
    George Orwell, "Animal Farm". We had to study that novel a few years ago.

What special rights are we talking about here?  I thought marriage was a basic right. :mellow:

Jila

What special rights are we talking about here?  I thought marriage was a basic right. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    yeah, thats what i was thinking

lesbians would be considered homosexuals

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

im wandering too... like radical said, asking for marriage isnt wanting special rights.

Gay people have never asked for any special rights or any privileges to which heterosexuals haven't already been entitled. They just want the same rights as straight couples and equal treatment.

Slipping Away

Slipping Away Active Member

I agree with Bush, as much as all of you think love is love which bullshit. Gays have no reason to be married, marriage is a sacred sacrament that should be preserved for a man and a women. Because men and women can make children. Unlike gays who are just in it for the pure sex and no creation. And gays can be gays, but give me a break you dont need to be married to make it official if your love is that strong you shouldnt need a piece of paper telling you that your married.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Why the hell do you care if 2 gay people marry? Why does it bother people so much? If some 2 gay guys on the other side of the country, or right next door to your house decide to marry, how will it have any effect on you whatsoever. I fail to see what the big deal is at all. It doesn't hurt anyone else.

Jila

first of all, you know there are a lot of married heterosexual people that dont have kids so just because you are married doesnt mean you should. besides, humans are overpopulationg the earth. second, if someone is homosexual it doesnt mean they are in it for pure sex. like if youre a heterosexual it doesnt mean you have sex, it just means thats who you are attracted to.

Nowhere Kid

Nowhere Kid Well-Known Member

I think putting a ban on gay marriages is stupid. Two people of the same sex want to get married, what's so wrong with that? Sure, it's not a man + woman pairing, but the couple loves eachother so what matters? How is it hurting anyone else's life? I really don't understand that.

Marriage is a social institution - it doesn't have to be sacred. It isn't a 'sacrament' either because it is not exclusive to Christianity. Anyway your argument is invalid. Gay couples have as much reason as straight couples to get married. Are you saying that every time a straight couple has sexual intercourse they aren't in it for the 'pure sex' but for 'creation'? Does a boy want to impregnate a girl and does a girl want to conceive a child every time they have sex? No. So straight couples do it for 'pure sex' too. Marriage is a union, a sign of love and commitment. If gays want to get married then why the hell not? They'll be happy and it isn't like their union will affect you or violate your rights.

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

What special rights? I don't follow. :unsure:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I have no idea where some of you people get the idea that homosexuals are trying to get "special" rights. The only right they want is that they want to be able to be married without people talking down on them just because they're different. Homosexuals are people just like the rest of us, and if them getting married bothers you so damn much, then you should just go to your own little island where everything is perfect and you get your own way. Love is beautiful no matter who it's between, and marriage symbolizes eternal committment (most of the time).

I don't see why they shouldn't be married, either. Why is it so wrong for them to get married? There are hundreds of couples who get married for decades and never have any children. You don't see anyone complaining about them. Oh, that's right; it's because they're not a factor in the population. My bad. I guess homosexuals are going to have a huge impact on the population and it's going to drop by the thousands every day just because they aren't having sex to make kids. Get one thing through your head: Not everyone has sex to make a kid. Plus, there's this little thing called a "surrogate mother." Yeah, that's right. One of the parents can donate sperm and have it placed in the mother. Look at that. They have a kid. For women who are gay, they usually just find a male friend who is really close to the family to have sperm planted in one of them. She gets pregnant. Look at that. Another kid.

Homosexuals are people too and they should be allowed to get married. It's no big deal. You don't see people getting their panties bunched up (besides the racists) just because two black people get married, do you? No, it's because they're people too. Two Chinese people getting married? No big deal. Two homosexuals getting married? HOLY ####, STOP THE PRESSES. THE WORLD IS ENDING. Get over it and let them get married. The more you female dog about it, the more they're going to keep fighting it until they're allowed. Once they're allowed, then there won't be anything to worry about.