Linkin Park Premiere "Talking To Myself" Live in Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 7, 2017.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Man I don't know. I don't rock with GG because my bar for "good" hip-hop has been significantly raised over the years but Heavy, Battle and this aren't bad by any means.

But.... It's weird as a day one fan for me.

There's just something so unsatisfying about these new songs. I can't put my finger on it. And I like the style and production. I rock with Haim and MUNA and other poppier, EDM influenced bands but I'm meh on the new stuff. I don't think the album will be terrible but nothing is blowing me away. No moment in any of these songs has given me a "yass LP!" moment instrumentally or vocally.

It's like listening to Sheeran's new stuff. It's fine, it's catchy but nothing sticks with me.

Chris loves LP and TheZlajaZlo like this.
    Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

This is "it" for me. The first moment this album cycle where I feel that special "Linkin Park feeling". Fuck YES!

Halfway Dwight likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I like it as soon the snippet was released and now it's even better. I like it a lot and it can't be compared to Heavy and Battle Symphony. Chester sounds really great and I like the guitar.

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Perhaps it's just me, but I feel this has a subtle reference to 'Where'd You Go'; the word 'home' appears twice, and even one line says 'where do you go?' I also feel this song has a 'dual' meaning or story to it compared to the other songs and despite being written in first-person. Pretty interesting, but maybe that's just me.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I hate how these songs don't have unique bridges or changes.

Liked it though.

Iopia likes this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I feel I'm rating LP songs based on how good they'd fit a Dragonball video or something.

No, for real, I really like the energy in this song. I hope the studio version won't tone it down too much.

Alexrednex, Nicholas and Brawler like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

thats me when i was 14 years old :rofl:

Sasuke likes this.
    Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

7/10, not bad, but the acoustic version was more promising. Reminds me of Wastelands, I have no idea why (what the hell is Wastelands doing in the setlist btw, when there's no WFTE or ALITS?).

I don't really like the way this album sounds. I guess it's nice that they created such a distinctive sound for this album, but it's just not as mind-blowingly good as I expect from them.

I'm starting to worry that we won't get any 9/10-10/10 songs this time around.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I was there and believe me that it sounded way better lol. I love it, but disappointed that they didn't play One More Light. Btw, something that surprised me is that actually the crowd had fun with the new songs and they actually sang some parts of Talking to Myself wtf. Awesome show, maybe the setlist was very random, and a mellow one, but I'm satisfied that at least they played Papercut and Faint.

Oh, despite of In The End not being my favorite song, I have to admit that was one of the best moments of the show, especially when the crowd didn't let the band start the song lol.

Vic likes this.
    JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

Favorite song by far. I need the studio version now

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Is it just me or is this another track with sucky lyrics?

Brawler, Michele and Agent like this.
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Good to hear some guitars and actual drums finally. But it still is a very forgettable song. I don't understand... where's the grown and mature lyrics they kept going on about?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I have to admit the best of the album cycle is your reaction to the songs :rofl:

Filip likes this.
    Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I hope they will change the setlist. I want WFTE and other songs from THP and Meteora.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Finally, after 4 songs, there is one I can get behind almost 100%! The first three left me feeling underwhelmed, and not very excited for the album's direction. I ended up only liking parts of those songs, not in their entireties.

Now that TTM has been released live, we have a great idea of what the studio version will sound like. The lyrics weren't all that impressive, but they do go with the overall vibe of the song really well.

Finally, TTM has a certain energy and flow to it that is lacking in the other songs IMO. Definitely excited to hear the final studio version, but will wait until May 19 to do so.

viktorignatov77 likes this.
    unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Man these songs are just cringe worthy to me. I feel like each one so far sounds like it was made for some pop movie, tv show etc etc. The way every chorus sort of sounds the same and how they ALWAYS say the name of the song. To me none of these songs carry ONE of the many redeeming qualities this band has. Its like if p.o.d's album was just full of the song BOOM. Thank god it was not!

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Why was it taken down? I was hoping to get a listen :(

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Love it. I liked the clip a lot too, but it was too little of the song for me to know for sure. This isn't exactly what I thought it would sound like, but I really like it. Yeah, it's simple, it's poppy, but it's good. This is, in my opinion, the best new rock song I've heard in years. A lot of rock music these days is very inaccessible and niche for people who mostly enjoy mainstream music, and most of the mainstream rock artists of yesteryear just aren't putting out good music.

It should be obvious by this point that this album is very mainstream, and although many people seem upset by it, I'm okay with it. The last album was in the completely wrong direction for me. As each LP album has come out, there have been fewer and fewer songs that I actually enjoy and want to listen to on repeat. This album seems to have a ton of them. In my last post I was ragging on Good Goodbye and saying I would never like it, and even though I still think the lyrics are stupid, the song grew on me. Overall, I personally am very content with this album, enough to actually buy it and to go see them in concert this year.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Thank you. I was hoping it would be more audible. I can't really rate it because the quality is too low