Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I actually haven't heard the live version of this, but I'm afraid something similar could happen to Talking to Myself.
    I enjoyed the live version, but the studio version will probably sound very generic when it comes to the intrumental, which will then make me not enjoy it as much.
    Hopefully not, or there won't be much for me in this album. :(

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

No songs have leaked, all officially released. And we have known for months that there are 0 interludes.

ciao_fiv likes this.
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

"ALL I SHOULD HAVE DONE I WAS NOT MAD AT YOU" might be my favourite of Mike's vocals ever.

Lord MSG likes this.
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

This is a lot more personal than the other stuff they put out. You really know where they're coming from and who it's directed to. Probably my favorite with Battle Symphony.

SkullDevil217 and Avo like this.
    Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Anyway, Chester was right when he said that Mike has a beautitul voice. I also loved No Roads Left

punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

Instrumental is disappointing, generic, boring, usual... right up until all that gets added in was a guitar solo and suddenly the song rocks again.

Brawler likes this.
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and didn't want to kill anyones excitement last night, but energy from the crowd, hearing something live for the first time, then hearing the studio version of something you've already heard? It's not going to sound the same nor be as exciting. Even if the studio version isn't as good.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

It's only me or the pre-chorus reminds Lego House by Ed Sheeran? ahahah

Rocky likes this.
    Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Not really my thing. While I do appreciate Mike's confidence about doing lead vocals, it just doesn't sounds that great. Using his voice as an addition to Chester's vocals just sounds much better (Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled...). Also, this almost sounds like a re-issue of "Welcome".

Blake likes this.
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

MIKE VOICE IS ORGASMIC

Twintendo

Twintendo Member

Decided to listen to it and it's a pretty good song, but I think it'll be a forgettable song. It's kind of like a Mike version of Battle Symphony as it doesn't do quite enough. Don't get me wrong I really like Battle Symphony but I definitely understand people's frustrations about that song and I feel people might think the same about Invisible.

Overall I'd say Invisible is like a better version of In Between, which is no disrespect to either song, that's just my initial thought after one listen. Hoping it grows on me as I really enjoy the context of this song!

Bane likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This is the first song on the album where I think it genuinely feels personal, in both the vocals and lyrics.

Bane, Alexrednex and Wizardofozil like this.
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

The instrumental is actually pretty nice to me, at least compared to Battle Symphony. It has a lot more going on than that song, even if it feels kind of bland during the big moment where Mike repeats invisible. The mix is awesome as it seems to be with all of the songs from this album. The guitar is definitely appreciable here, so is the mix of tones of "artificial" drums and the real kit.

I like Mike a lot on this song, however, it doesn't scream "Mike could sing this way better than Chester" for me. That's the case for the beginning of BITS, RU, Rebellion, etc. But I feel like you could raise this song a couple of steps and Chester would kill it just the same. It is nice to have the variety though, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, of the four I've heard, this may be the best one? Just above Battle Symphony, I'd say, upon first listen.

I think this is simply a genre that doesn't sit well with me, largely because of predictable song structure. It feels like something that's going to end up on soft rock radio, but this one feels a bit more genuine to me - a bit less forced. I wish there were a bit more lyrically that he had messed around with in the latter half of the song, instead of just redoing the pre-chorus and chorus again - but it's not really a bad song.

I'll still say I'm entirely underwhelmed, and that my expectations are pretty low for this record. But hey, if people are liking what they're hearing, then maybe that's just the genre for you! I'm personally just not into this.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Will somebody transcribe the lyrics already :p
    Lol, still not listening (although, I may cave in).

Just watched the video without volume, and I can already tell this song feels more in line with what I had imagined when they said personal lyrics.
    They are simple, but potent and genuine.

Now I just hope the vocals / instrumental matches.
    If this sounds like a poppier, more up tempo version of In Between, I am completely sold.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Well, it's not perfect. But it's the first song that really hit me someway.
    The lyrics are not amazing, but i could relate to them. There are a lot of times we say stuff we didn't want to, or we express ourselves wrong, and this leads to problems in a relationship. Heck, sometimes the problems start because we didn't say what we wanted. I have this question frequently with my girlfriend, misscomunication... and a few times it lead to big and unecessary fights.
    So, the "I was not mad at you" line under Mike's voice is pretty touchy.

Beyond that, very generic sound.

Nisshin

Nisshin Active Member

I love this song so much.
    And story behind it is so amazing

Lord MSG likes this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

You guys should of listened to Mike explain the reason for this song. He wrote the concept for this song to his kids who are currently young so they could have this song when they get older, like 16 ish. He's having trouble getting through to his younger kids for all the small things like "put your socks on" and they throw a fit like normal kids do. I can relate to this as I have kids around the same age. So he's hoping these lyrics will hit home with his kids when they get older and they look at him a good parent.

Another point Mike mentioned is how he hopes more of his fans view all of their new music with an open mind and don't come into it with any previous expectations. He used a Starbucks analogy and if you haven't heard it, you should

joshtrum and Nisshin like this.
    Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

I really like mike's singing here, if this was more heavier with some guitars to give it more bite I would love this song. Right now it leaves wanting a bit more from it. I like the lyrics as well except for the chorus, just repeating invisible with not much energy in it.

demoncarnotaur

demoncarnotaur Member

I still wish the music mixing was punchier (struggling to to vocalize what I mean, but each sound kinda blends and lacks its own texture). I've had this issue with all the songs on this album, in fact I haven't been a huge fan of the mixing since Living Things. I felt like the production took a noticeable hit from where it sat with ATS.

That said, Mikes singing is fantastic, and I really dig this song. I liked the bridge on the live version a bit more, but that hearkens back to my comments on the mixing and the sounds sorta blending to the background.

Overall, I think I'll enjoy this album as a whole, even if it isn't quite what I expected. I definitely prefer it over a return to nu-metal (I love HT/Meteroa/Reanimation - but I'm not really looking to listen to more music like that, personally)

On a side note: I wonder if Mike would ever reconsider playing No Roads Left live.