Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

That's got me smiling ear to ear with excitement. I can't wait. That and One More Light (song) are the two I can't even describe the anticipation for.

2. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Are you allowed to say why Nobody Can Save Me is so good?

3. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

I'm the worst person ever at trying to describe music so I won't attempt it. Honestly, I think the melodies are beautiful, the lyrics are powerful, and it's catchy as fuck. It gets stuck in my head for days at a time. I really really love this song. Can't say it enough. I love it so much I'm worried that I'm building it up so much for others that everyone is going to be disappointed when they finally hear it because of how much I've raved about it. I don't know if I've heard anyone else who has heard the album really call that track out like I think it deserves. HOWEVER, same thing happened for BITS and fans love that song. I really think you guys will love it. CAN NOT WAIT for you to hear it.

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey Adam,

I thought I'd take the time since you're here to reassure you on a few things.

As you remember during the ATS cycle, while there were a lot of people who were 100% on board with the direction the band was going, there were quite a few who were vehemently against it. You might remember things like "LINKIN PARK WENT TECHNO WTF" and "WEAR DA GUITARZ I MISS DA OLD LINCOLN PARK" were quite prevalent around that time.

It's unfortunate that you saw some posts that were in a similar vein in this thread this time around. A sad fact that a lot of us have come to terms with is that those LP fans always seem to fall into the bucket of "I HATE THIS BECAUSE OVERGENERALIZATION" rather than "I'm not a fan of this, and these are the reasons why." The truth is that while there are quite a few of those vocal detractors on here, there is an equal amount who are super excited to hear the full product. The shoutbox during the livestream in Argentina for instance was chock full of excitement, aside from some select set choices. But those were geared towards an insistence to play older material as opposed to the new, more interesting material.

The important takeaway from this is that the core group of LP fans that congregate on this forum are very receptive to change and are excited by the possibilities this album, and albums of the past during their release cycles, bring to the discography. Some of us may end up not liking some songs, sure. But we always appreciate that the band is always wanting to move forward and try something new rather than rest on their laurels. We're in the minority for sure, but we will always have an open mind and I know I speak for many of us when I say that we can't wait to hear One More Light in its entirety.

The Joesen One, Mitch, Sasuke and 8 others like this.
  5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Great song! Refreshing with Mike on vocals.

6. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Haha I've gotten that way too, where I love something so much that I can't stop raving about it, like to the point that even when nothing relating to it comes up in conversation I almost find a way to bring it up... and then at some point after going into it I say to myself "Damnit I hope I'm not getting too carried away" and think about how somebody else who tries it, in part due to all my praise, may not see what I see in it and it may fall flat... and how I hope that doesn't happen for them.

That being said I'm still really excited to hear this, and I promise I won't say "Hey what the hell Adam" if I don't find it amazing lol.

7. strakt

strakt Member

Are you allowed to say what the longest song on the album is?

8. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

I don't know so I wont haha

9. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Can't wait to hear it. Also, do you know if LP is aware that this fanbase has a bunch of ATS fans who want more of that stuff similar to how HT fans want the old stuff? I hope they know not all fans want nu metal and that there's just as many fans who like the new stuff more.

Lord MSG likes this.
  10. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hey, people who followed the band and stuck with them through ATS (because it's their best work) do exist. We are here! Just...not feeling the direction with this album.

Just saying!

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey now, don't lump all of us into a generalization. A lot of us who stuck through ATS (because it was their best work) also are excited about THIS album.

The Joesen One, Henry, Abel and 4 others like this.
  12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

There is a lot of "My opinion has more value because a lot of people think like me" sneakily going on here...

13. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I should have said "stuck through ATS but are not liking anything coming out of OML." :)

14. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

This song feels special, the chorus is very catchy. I'm glad they took this route of doing a different album every time they release a new one. Even if I dislike their new work, I know it's going to be something different next time.

Also I can't wait to sing Invisible and Battle Symphony out loud on their concert :clap:

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I hope this eventually gets a piano version live, it works so well for "Heavy".

Abel and SkullDevil217 like this.
  16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I was told if I have nothing to say, don't say anything at all.

I'll leave with a ranking:

Talking To Myself
    Good Goodbye
    Battle Symphony
    Heavy
    Invisible

[I decided to not listen to a low quality video of One More Light but I'm sure it's also better]

17. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Abel, Vic and ragsta like this.
  18. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Ooooh man. This song is like if In Between and CHVRCHES instrumentation collided. I'm giddy with joy :D This is the only song of the four released that i like, and will immediately be adding it to my list of songs I frequently listen to. IMO LP released the four songs in the wrong order, I would have preferred:

1) Battle Symphony
    2) Heavy
    3) Invisible
    4) Good Goodbye

I think Battle Symphony is a good transition song between LP's previous poppier songs and their new album direction. It wouldn't have alienated a lot of fans that do not like mainstream pop music, while still being something that could be played on radio to announce the new album. For me, Heavy seems to be engineered for mainstream radio plays, and while I'm not into the song personally I'm fine with it as an accesible song that allows new listeners to tune into the new album. Based on radio charts, the songs seems to be doing rather well so far so I think it's accomplished the goal it set out to do. Invisible is in a way a throwback to MTM, and I think the song that fans of that specific era of LP will enjoy the most, a good way to get those people on board and enjoying some new music. Lastly, Good Goodbye is such a silly and carefree hype song that it would have been perfect coming out a week before the album launched, just as a way to hype everyone up for release day.

lpfaneki likes this.
  19. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Totally agree
    Heavy as first single, is the first time i disagree with, ''first single'' LP chose for a new album.

20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I feel like if you have kids, Invisible is much more enjoyable. That's how it is for me.