Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

1. joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

Went back and listened to all 4 in order. If I had to pick and order of favorite to least:
    Invisible
    Heavy
    Battle Symphony
    Good Goodbye
    This song latched to me real quick. Might I speculate we like mike + pop because his voice is better suited to our minds compared to expecting Chester to scream and we get singing. Not that it's bad, but Mike is still in his wheelhouse so we groove on it compared to Chester not screaming and singing differently than we're used to hearing.

2. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Different.
    I like the vocal execution even more than No Roads Left.

I belive Welcome is more on mike´s comfort zone while Invisible presents more complicated notes.
    I am no expert,,, plus, it sounds very little autotuned.

My ranking so far:
    Talking to Myself
    Invisible
    Battle Shympony
    Good Goodbye (could be second but that alvins noise kills the vibe)´
    Heavy

3. Mitch

Mitch YTB

I still think they should have pushed TTM as the second single as it fits a little bit more to what the masses think Linkin Park should or would sound like.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  4. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

wouldve made it the first single tbh, invisible 2nd

IronDust71 likes this.
  5. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Off topic:
    Just wanna share this from JB Hi Fi Stack magazine..

Attached Files:

6. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Interesting. So the songs we haven't heard are the ones that are pointed out! Can't wait for that :leak:

7. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Wow, they weren't even impressed by the song, One More Light.

8. B.K.Distorted

B.K.Distorted New Member

I am a fan of the band since 2001 and loved every album they put out in it's own way. Even though MTM is my least favourite one I love it. I love the diversity of the band, the exploration, the fact that they never cease to surprise me. This band is with me since I was 12 years old and by being a fan I learned to be open-minded towards many genres and music in general. I even became a musician myself because LP inspired me so much. Every new album cycle is really exciting. Now we are 4 tracks into the OML cycle and even though I'm not the type of person who participates in these kind of discussions very much I feel the need to this time.

I didn't like heavy at first but it has grown on me. It's still not one of my favourites by far but I like it. BS is much better and for some reason I really dig GG.
    I have listened to Invisible a few times right now and I really think this is the first LP-Song I really can't enjoy in any way. Mikes singing is good. He has never been a great singer but his vocal color is nice and he has his very own and unique feeling. The sounds are okay. The Instrumental in general is not bad. But the problem I think every OML song suffers from so far is that for the first time LP are not sounding unique in what they are doing. The sounds they are using sound very generic on these songs like they just used the presets of their plug-ins which wouldn't be something bad in general, but I think no matter what they released (aside from maybe Recharched) you could tell it's Linkin Park alone by the sounds and the way the instruments are combined (or at least you could say it sounds different from other stuff). Another point is Chesters voice. Sure it got worse and changed over the years but that's not the point. The way he sings on these songs is just outright ordinary. Like he's just trying to hit the notes with as little effort as possible. I'm not talking about him having to scream or sing raspy all the time, I mean listen to Primo, WFTE or Powerless and then listen to any song from OML released so far and you can clearly tell the difference. I'm convinced Chesters voice is in an overall pretty bad condition...it just doesn't sound healthy when he sings live and even though they are using pitch correction during concerts Chester never had such problems hitting notes. At least not in such an amount and such an un-healthy way. Anyway him singing clean and relaxed the whole time is just not something that makes it stand out and Mike only rapping one verse on one song doesn't make it better (not that his rapping is necessary for sounding unique but it definitely doesn't hurt).
    The whole two vocalist thing is underrepresented.

And I think Invisible unites every weakness the OML Songs so far have. I'm not a big fan of the melodies and think the other three songs have better ones and even though I think the lyrics are good, it can't save the song for me. But it is a nice poem :D

I'm looking forward to OML, excited on one side, scared on the other.

9. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I ve been here for some years and I have never welcome anyone.

So, WELCOME to LPA the best fan site in the world.
    I share almost every opinion you have. But let me change a little your perspective.

I´ve been realising that this time, the guys at LP take one Step Sideways instead Forwards.

And that makes me feel comfortable about OML, because i know that in LP9 they will take that Next Big Step.

Maybe one A thousand Moons.

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This song just feels much more genuinely honest, and personal compared to the others that have been released so far.

Also I think Mike's vocals on both the live and studio version of the song prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is capable of creating a solo electro/indie-pop album and preforming the songs live. I think he could definitely do "It goes through" live if he wanted as well.

That isnt to say I don't want more Chester/Linkin Park songs, itis just that I love Mike's voice and I'd like quite a bit more songs with him doing lead!

Are there any other songs where he does lead on One More Light?

11. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Sorry for Now

Jesse likes this.
  12. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Thanks!

13. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

For some reason, I can feel the lyrics seem more genuine than the other songs they have written even without hearing the music. Knowing that Mike did write this song to his children and since some have already pointed that out, I can't wait to hear it next week. Also if Mike sings it like he did on 'In Between' or 'Devil's Drop', all the better. Mike is one of those few rare singers that have aged well vocally.

14. KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

This song hit me. Hard. First LP song that's made me actually cry since Roads Untraveled back when I was still a freshman in high school.

I absolutely cannot wait to hear this CD from start to finish.

Sasuke and Abel like this.
  15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Fuck, I'm getting old.

16. shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed when I first Heavy and Battle Symphony, but both have grown on me. I can't say I dislike any of the songs that have been released so far. Are they my favorite LP songs ever? No, but I still appreciate them. I used to be one of the stubborn fans who wanted nu metal tracks. I was 13 when MTM came out. I liked it, but it didn't feel like LP to me. That was because I was young. Now that I'm older, I've broadened my horizons with music and I think LP was the gateway for me to listen to other types of music. I am looking forward to this album and to the future of this band. I am invested so much in them and will always support them.

17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I know the feels. They hurt.

18. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

But you were supposed to not weep!

KarL_LewiS, Vinifeijo and Deliveranze like this.
  19. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I agree.

Also, the last few seconds of piano sounds really interesting. I don't know why they don't do more stuff like that instead of sticking to the tired old song patterns.

IronDust71 likes this.
  20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I wish it were longer but I think it may lead into the next song (Heavy).