Live Debut of 'Invisible' and 'One More Light' In Santiago, Chile

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 10, 2017.

1. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Or even worse, it leaking before you get a chance to write everything up. But don't worry.

You're doing this to get your perspective and review out there. There's a lot of fans that aren't listening to most of the leaks and waiting for the album.

Hybridora and Alexrednex like this.
  2. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This. The band has been doing roughly the same basic thing structure-wise for nearly two decades at this point. No need to consistently be let down when they're not deviating from it.

Sasuke and @LP2K12 like this.
  3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm okay with hearing as many songs as we've heard before the album release. It's not something I'm used to with rock bands, necessarily. Notable exception being Nine Inch Nails, who previewed what, 5 out of 12 (not counting intro and outro instrumental tracks) songs from Hesitation Marks prior to release. But for singer-songwriters, it's pretty par for the course. Though they tend to be workshopping songs during live sets more than previewing confirmed new music. I'm looking at Jason Mraz as a key example, in that I'm Yours infamously has been around since 2004 in live sets prior to a demo release in 2005 and a proper release in 2008.

In any case, I'm fine with the new music we've been hearing. Just a cycle ago we were complaining that not enough THP stuff was being played live. Now the opposite is happening and I'd rather that than the former.

4. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Honestly, when an entire album drops and I've only heard one song, I have a tough time taking it all in. I usually run through it once and pick out the few that I really liked on first listen and only listen to those. All 3 of the official releases had to grow on me before I liked them, which is why I'm glad they came out one after another. It gave me time to digest, and listen to each one independently. By the time the album drops, I'll be able to appreciate the entire thing instead of picking winners and losers on first listen.

Invisible sounds pretty good to me. Another mainstream track, as expected. I appreciate the accessibility of these songs. I have a lot of friends who are getting hooked on them, who are not huge LP fans. As a long-time LP fan, I can appreciate the growing breadth of their musical vision and talent, and I mostly listen to mainstream stuff now anyway.

5. Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

So, 6 songs have made it into the live sets out of the 10 on the album..
    This might actually be the first tour since A Thousand Suns where we could actually get most of the album played live.

6. Arthur Rasey

Arthur Rasey First Love

The first time I heard LinkinPark I thought "How innovative, ground breaking and fresh" & isin't this just another step in that direction - on that path they started on almost 2 decades ago!
    I believe it is!

7. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

People are complaining about how many songs they've released before the album release, but you guys know you can just wait, right? You don't have to listen to the live songs, the album comes out in 9 days. I get for people like derek its more bothersome when you're anticipating a review copy soon and want to be able to inform people about the album.

Michele likes this.
  8. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Wait, there is an actual guitar solo on this album? That may be some of the best news I've heard about OML in quite some time. Really, I do love me some memorable solos, whether they're guitars, drums, or something else. I'm waiting to listen to the rest of the album once it releases, or once I receive it in the mail.

Do you think that there is a weak/strong possibility that we may be getting more songs post-OML release? I could have sworn that I read not too long ago that Mike was interested in revisiting or finishing songs not on the album.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

Invisible is out on Spotify already.

10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Damn, Mike messed up his second verse of Good Goodbye. Lol.

He said Live from the venomous, instead of Genesis, and just went with it LOL.

11. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Personally I don't have a problem eith these many songs being released because I'm curious about the album since they've been constantly saying how different this album is. People who decided to buy an album after hearing Heavy will buy it after hearing all these songs, those who were indecisive will probably wait no matter how many songs they've heard.
    Anyway, I've listened to OML and it was strange at the beginning but beautiful music and Chester's voice took me to another dimension. However, I'm still curious how it sounds in studio version.

12. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Hey you're right!

13. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It feels a lot like Imagine Dragons actually. Like a mix of their early Killers-like stuff to their synth heavy songs now. It feels a lot like "Demons" with the "woah" in the chorus and the moody vibe.

14. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

oh, God, this would be my 'dream-come-true' experience!

15. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Similar to what "The Free Element" said in a couple posts after this one of yours that I am quoting. I haven't listened to a single song or read a single lyric aside from Heavy. I would still find an album review a good read regardless of what LP has already given everyone.

Would be a tasty little read for those of us that have not read or heard a lyric outside of "Heavy" (please, if possible don't include lyrics in your review) but would love to hear your take on the music. (I foundly remember your Thousand Suns sample-track review) !

Noosh likes this.
  16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wait, does that mean you know nothing about the title track? That's pretty cool

17. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

So do I.

Just Heavy, BS and GG

Noosh and Sasuke like this.
  18. Rhel

Rhel Member

Invisible really does feel very much like Fort Minor's welcome. And with the lyrics apparently being addressed to mike's children... it really feels like a response to some of the lyrics from hybrid theory. like they're playing to themselves back in the early 2000s.

One More Light is just beautiful, I think it can resonate with anyone who's ever lost someone important...

19. Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard