'One More Light' Album Length Revealed to Be 35:19

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 12, 2017.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Very True. I also look at it this way... We could have waited three years only to be told we're getting a Greatest Hits album.

My wife loves The Fray. They went on and on about recording new music only to release 3 new songs on a Greatest Hits collection.

I'm just happy for new music.

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

Man...u got my words from the mouth

lpfaneki likes this.
    Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

Wait, it's shorter than 2 hours? do they really expect me to buy an album that does not feature screaming, loud distorted guitar toanz and 7 minute songs??!!11!one!?

Seriously though, I can't wait to hear this album. So far i have not been dissapointed by anything they released or played. One more light and Invisible are my absolute favourites for now.

Zain, Avo, The Joesen One and 8 others like this.
    Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I rarely listen to Linkin Park besides their first three albums, and it's actually pretty normal for most albums nowadays to have about 9/10 songs. It's always been, really, as Derek said, it's actually more uncommon to see the 12-15 song albums. I also think that just because a song is short doesn't mean it's not a good song. But on the same hand, a long song like The Little Things Give You Away can be really beautiful. It's all relative. I'll probably end up checking out the whole album once it drops just out of curiosity, and also because I have done so for all of their albums in recent years.

SuperSaiyan4Kev likes this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Somebody better pick up that phone.

Because I fucking called it.

(and yes, I know I was wrong about the song One More Light, but that was a bit far fetched anyway).

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    SuperSaiyan4Kev likes this.
    SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

I'm sure LP had written over a hundred songs, but felt that narrowing it down to 10 felt right. We all know LP well enough that they are very choosy to when they pick their songs for their albums. Let's just wait until it comes out in full and listen to the entire thing to give an opinion.

Serenity likes this.
    Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

35 minute record and people are complaining? 35 minutes is plenty of album time what are people whining about?

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

It seems to be a new trend. Almost every band is making 10 track albums now. It seems like album lengths in general have gotten shorter over the last 5 years.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Well it's a pop album so isn't it supposed to be short? idk anything about pop music because I don't listen to that stuff. I'll still listen to the rest of the songs cause it's linkin park and just to hear how God awful it sounds.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

It's just 1:41 shorter than Hybrid Theory and 1:20 shorter than Meteora, but with less songs. So if you average it out on the songs it's actually longer than both of those albums.

brady and Sasuke like this.
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Well it's a pop album so isn't it supposed to be short? idk anything about pop music because I don't listen to that stuff. I'll still listen to the rest of the songs cause it's linkin park and just to hear how God awful it sounds.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I think it's debunked that LP needs to take more time off to make better records :lol:

I am still shocked this took 3 years and LT is a better album lyrically. On the plus side, OML does have more emotional connect than LT did but damn, this truly is LT 2.

Sasuke and Iopia like this.
    Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Seriously, though. It's like people here don't trust Linkin Park to do what feels right to them.
    We've seen plenty of behind-the-scenes footage on their album processes to know that they make a lot of material (and even feature-length demos) before narrowing down the tracklist to what they feel are the "best" songs. It seems this time around, they felt that they only had 10 "best" songs for this album. For all we know, the next album will have 16 songs, or maybe 8. That's their call to make.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
    IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

Well, aren't you open-minded.

Head.Cars.Bending likes this.
    Deliveranze

I think what bothers me is the lack of Mike on this album. It's ironic because MTM is my favorite album but Chester's anthem songs are so old now. In My Remains, I'll Be Gone, Until It's Gone, Battle Symphony, etc. all sound the same. Even Chester ballads are getting old. Oh well. At least Sorry For Now exists.

Avo, Bane, Jack_Farrell and 5 others like this.
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

You'd think they'd take advantage of having two capable singers more. Castle of Glass is a great example of using both of them together.

Sasuke, Crankshaft and Deliveranze like this.
    rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Yes, despite I haven't listen the studio version of the song, on the live, OML it's not a bad song, but it's a total disappointment. Very simple.

Deliveranze

Exactly. Especially since Mike is only improving. Hell, I would rather here Mike rap a generic battle verse than here Chester melodically shout a repetitive chorus like,"We are Animals! All the Same is Battle Mode! Hear my name and take away the pain! Just take way the pain!!!!!"

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

LT is probably my most replayed LP album and this is less than 2 minutes shorter, but with 2 fewer tracks. That one didn't even have a single song over 4 minutes. So, to me the length of the songs don't bother me, it's more like just having an LP album with fewer tracks than usual. I would've liked a longer closing track, but it is what it is.

Even ATS only had 9 full songs once you exclude the interludes, granted the songs were a lot longer. I have the feeling we'll be hearing new songs aside from LPU shorter than usual this time, maybe even LPU might have a full unreleased song or something surprising.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Took the words out of my mouth