Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Your opinion is the one I was looking forward to the most. This makes me happy reading this.

2. Yoda1229

Yoda1229 New Member

I got the CD this morning perfect copy off of 'bay'. N I've been a fan before hybrid theory n been a huge fan since then all the way till now. N it's not a bad CD it's just different approach completely. But for as big a fan as I am I love linkin park and you guys just keep fulfilling the dream of making music n enjoying it. The true fans will stick n stay whatever y'all make.

3. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

In other news, my Vinyl pre-order from Urban Outfitters just got here!

4. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Now i wanna hear the track from the Lamb of God dude where Chester is screaming

KYLE!, Michele and Blake like this.
  5. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i will buy the cd i support linkin park

Modern Guitar God and Michele like this.
  6. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I enjoy "Good Goodbye", "Talking to Myself", "Invisible", "Sorry for Now" and "One More Light". Actually Sorry For Now is pretty amazing, safe for Chester's part.

So that's a 5/10 on the first few listens. I gotta say, on the first listen, I got bored halfway through, and sorta had to force myself to listen to the whole thing. I don't think the record is terrible, but I don't like the sound aesthetic of it, and it leaves me quite indifferent.

7. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

This is such a good album, it flows so well. My favorite songs are Sorry For Now, One More Light and Halfway Right.

It might become my second favorite album, just behind ATS.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Lord MSG likes this.
  8. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I still haven't listened yet. Haven't read everyone's impressions yet either.

So, I know it's super early, but how it's ranking among your LP favorites so far? And what's your favorite track? The questions are to anyone.

9. Hasnain

Hasnain Member

First of all before saying anything,I want to point out you have to be a poptimist in order to enjoy and appreciate this album because there are a lot of mainstream pop elements on this album.
    Anyway,this album is freaking amazing. Enjoying it so far. Second half is bae. Got goosebumps on SFn,HR and OML. I dunno about anyone else but HR hit me right in the feels. maybe even more than OML. This album is more interesting than LT atleast. I just hope it has more replay value too.

10. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

It feels weird to rate the songs, but I'm a little bored at the moment so why not :p
    Nobody Can Save Me - (4/5) I don't know exatcly why, but there's something about it that it's making me coming back to it over and over again :lol:. I love the first part without the heavy beating.
    Good Goodbye - (1/5) No.
    Talking to Myself - (4/5) Really Good. I really liked the live version, but I was afraid the studio version would sound very similar to the songs released previously. I'm glad it doesn't.
    Battle Symphony - (2/5) I can see the similiraties with NCSM, but I don't like it. Vocals are nice.
    Invisible - (2/5) Meh. I really the lyrics and the vocals are nice too, but I really dislike the instrumental. Could grow up on me, but I doubt it.
    Heavy - (0/5) No. No. No.
    Sorry for Now - (2/5) Meh. More or less the same problem I had with Invisible. Could grow up on me as well, but I doubt it.
    Halfway Right - (4/5) I really like Chester's vocals.
    One More Light - (4/5) Instrumental is a bit underwhelming. It's not bad, but it's very minimal. I was expecting the instrumental to have a much bigger impact on the song. The vocals and lyrics definitely make up for it though.
    Sharp Edges - (4/5) I'm still a bit confused about this one :lol:. Very different. I didn't know whether I liked it or disliked it at first, but after a few listens I think it's good song and could eventually grow up on me even more.

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I highly recommend listening to this album more than once. Everyone is talking about how vocally the album is good, but the instrumentals are boring. But man, there's so much interesting shit going on in the background of each song, both vocally and instrumentally.

Some examples:

There are wubwubs in the second verse of NCSM. I didn't notice that for a while. The guitar in the second chorus. Mike's vocal line in the bridge is so Dead By Sunrise-esque.

In the breakdown after the first chorus, there's a distorted guitar that finishes the vocal melody "you will under-". It's such a cool little moment that can be easily overlooked.

The glitch hi-hat pattern in Halfway Right.

There's a neat piano part in the last chorus of One More Light.

In general, the instrumentals grow and morph from each section of the song in an organic way that we don't really see much in Linkin Park songs. The music itself is deceptively complex if you keep an open ear out.

Alexrednex likes this.
  12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Still have to listen to Sharp Edges but I think the album is good overall.

My rankings:

1. Living Things
    2. Meteora
    3. Minutes to Midnight=Hybrid Theory
    5. A Thousand Suns
    6. One More Light [All good albums]
    7. The Hunting Party [Only album I dislike]

Favorite song at the moment: Sorry For Now

13. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I didn't listen to the whole leak, but seeing everyone rave about Sorry for Now I took a listen. Guess it wasn't my cup of tea. Bleh.

14. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I got the feeling that Sorry For Now is that chart killer song that will rule all the radio stations on the planet.

And it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then Heavy.

KYLE! likes this.
  15. KYLE!

KYLE! If i'm not back in 5 minutes ... Just wait longer.

When "Heavy" was released, I wrote a review on LPA saying that I thought the song was a trainwreck. I was against the new "Pop" direction and I went on to say that I wouldnt be able to get into the album. I WAS TOTALLY WRONG. If you dont give this album a chance because of "Heavy," you will be missing out. Lyrically this is some of LP's best and intimate work.

Gravity_LP, Twintendo, Sasuke and 2 others like this.
  16. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Two listens in, my opinion is that Linkin Park have released their worst album to date.

Qwerty19, Michele and kickgift like this.
  17. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

I think it is probably too early to be ranking this album against the previous ones. People who loved it immediately might get bored of it, and those who aren't so sure might learn to love it. So right now I don't see much point in comparing to previous albums.

On its own though, my faves in order:

Sorry for now
    Invisible
    Nobody Can Save Me
    One more light
    Talking to myself
    Sharp edges
    Good Goodbye
    Heavy
    Battle Symphony
    Halfway Right

And I still kind of like Halfway Right. I predict this will change order in time.

18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

To be quite honest, this will also be the first LP record I am not gonna buy.

And, in m opinion, their worst one. Or if you wanna be beating the dead horse about how Meteora is childish and shit, fair enough.

But Chester's voice in Meteora didn't annoy the hell out of me like it did in most of OML.

Well, I will stop the negativity here though. Those who enjoy, have a nice time :)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  19. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Somewhere around Living Things, which is more or less close to the bottom for me. Definitely far from my favourites.
    I would say either One More Light or Nobody Can Save Me would be my favourit songs at the moment.

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Sharp Edges is very First Aid Kit-esque. Which is great. I think Chester sounds really good but I think the song would have been better with Mike on the verses.