Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Disagree...

Yes it does have quite an acoustic vibe but it sounds more like a pop/folk song to me..

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'll agree with that but it could pass on country radio.

House Party by Sam Hunt is a good example of songs a little "out there" can be successful on country radio.

3. UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

Haven't been here in a while but some initial thoughts after the first listen:

Some songs blend a bit together or are forgettable. Assuming this will change on repeated listens, however.
    Invisible, Talking to Myself, and Halfway Right are my favorites right now.
    Title track was a bit underwhelming considering how I hyped it for myself (still really good though, hoping it will improve over time)
    Chipmunk vocals throughout the album are annoying; I feel they would kill Sorry For Now if the rest of the song wasn't as good as it is.
    The only song I dislike is Heavy. I dislike elements of a few others (Guest verses in Good Goodbye).
    Overall, most of the songs are solid with decent lyrics but sometimes slip into a bit of blandness. This listen did encourage me to finally buy the album, however, so I will listen to it again when it arrives; it currently sits around the bottom of my list, above Meteora. We'll see how that changes. 7.5/10 for now.

4. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I think a major failing of this album was the desire to push it into a "produced pop" album instead of a more stripped down/acoustic Adele style album. From what I can already see with TTM and One More Light, and what I can infer from how some of the other songs play out, it seems like there were decent enough ideas that for the most part get butchered by strange production decisions.

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I listened to every song I havent heard once, and its alright. Ill need to go through it a few times to see if I can connect with it or not, but I doubt it would bump up against A Thousand Suns or anything like that.

Still better than Meteora, though.

6. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I'm coming here with a few simple words to type and with some tears still to dry on my face.

I'm sorry, LP. Sorry for saying so many bad things about the new music. I was precipitated. I didn't gave enough time to judge, i didn't allowed myself to understand the context.

When i heard Sorry For Now I felt like Mike was talking to me, saying there would be a time when i would understand. And i'm starting to understand right now.

The album as whole feels like a warm hug, that one you receive when you're going through a bad day... it can be a little weird hug, or one in a way you weren't expecting... but while you're being hugged the rest of the world just vanishes and you feel comfortable again. You cry, but it's good. You're just thinking and accepting life as how it's. How the music is, with its little choices you don't agree with but you accept and go with.

I still don't like some of the sonic choiches, the beats could have been more acoustic and less eletronic-compressed, less produced overall. And please kill the chimpmunks Chimp and Dale.

But i feel like i owe an apoligize to Linkin Park. The singles didn't make me feel anything special... they didn't work by themselves all alone. I was really pissed off. But hearing the album as a whole a few times gave me that feeling that only hearing a new song from your favourite band can do.

Those are not songs i'll be blasting on my car, but they are little pieces of background i'll have in my head through hard moments in my life.

I wish i could keep this sensation forever, this one of really feeling the music.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  7. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I know this is a tried and true LPA meme at this point...

...but....

8. Sonic

Hey, man, I just don't like that record. It was good when I was 15. At least on One More Light, what they're saying is a bit more relatable now that I'm 30.

Lord MSG, Sasuke and Minus like this.
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

After two full front to back listens:

LT
    Meteora
    MTM= HT
    ATS
    OML
    *The latest Insane Clown Posse cd* :halfkappa:
    THP

10. Toffer

Toffer Member

One question from someone who did not listen to the leak yet - Someday there was a (fake???) snippet in which we heard Mike singing. Some people thought it was Good Goodbye, but it wasn't. is this snippet somewhere included on the album?

11. Ouro

Ouro New Member

If we are talking about the same snippet then yeah, it's in the album.

12. Toffer

Toffer Member

So, the one that was almost a feature of Daft Punk/EDM-like? Which song is it?

13. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The "a fire will rise of we all unite" snippet? Nope. That's not LP.

14. Ouro

Ouro New Member

Nvm I don't think we are talking about the same clip. I just remember there was a snippet of Sorry for Now sometime ago.

Edit: Am I the only one who likes the occasional ''chipmunks''?

15. Toffer

Toffer Member

Yes, I was talking about that one. Quite sad that it's not on OML. Was so strange - it could have been awesome in the end.

16. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Album is fantastic. Really enjoyed it after multiple playthroughs. NCSM is killer, definitely a highlight. Love Halfway Right as well. I just wish the the guitar chords after the second chorus of TTM were more prevalent like in the live version. That's about my only gripe so far haha.

17. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

I like this album on first listen. For context, I'm a huge fan of A Thousand Suns, Meteora and FWIW - Reanimation.

My favourite tracks are Talking to Myself, Halfway Right and Sharp Edges. They have so much flavour!

18. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I listened to the whole album 5 times for me it's
    HT
    Meteora
    THP
    MTM
    LT
    ATS
    OML

19. Sonic

I just seen the most honest YouTube comment of all time. In so many words, this user said One More Light may not be their best, and it may not fit their "sound", but one day this band will stop putting out music, and when that time comes we are going to wish they would put out anything, even something like this.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  20. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Pretty sure that literally wasn't an LP somg, it wasn't Mike.