Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

Haha, my favorite track is Halfway Right and my next two favorites are Sorry for Now and Sharp Edges. My least favorite tracks are Good Goodbye, Heavy and Battle Symphony. Now, if you say the only song you don't enjoy at all or maybe actually dislike is Good Goodbye, I'm going to wonder if you're me from the future driving a flying DeLorean lol.

2. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

I dunno what's wrong with me reading everyone else's comments but I dig everything here. Even Heavy. Let that settle in.

3. Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

I think if I could change anything about the album, I'd make Sorry For Now the opening track after an instrumental, and move Nobody Can Save Me to track eight. I feel like SFN is much more immediately likable, while NCSM definitely takes some absorption to fully appreciate and Halfway Right -> NCSM -> One More Light transitions a bit better than SFN -> HR -> OML.

Just my opinion, but I feel like the album still flows really well as is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

allfinerealfit and RayCharlizard like this.
  4. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I know people are praising Mike's vocals on this album. But I also think Chester did an exceptional job on this record. Although I like THP more, I can't deny that this record is superior in terms of vocal performances and lyrics. Chester absolutely kills it on the title track, Talking To Myself, Halfway Right and Sharp Edges.

Gravity_LP and KYLE! like this.
  5. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I am so freaking in love with Sorry For Now. So much.

Blake and KYLE! like this.
  6. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

Sorry For Now. Wow. That is one of the most unique pieces of music I have ever heard in my life. I showed it to a bunch of my friends (some of whom don't listen to or don't like Linkin Park) and they all loved it. Also, Brad killed it in this song.

Blake and KYLE! like this.
  7. Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

I gave up resisting to leaks and I have to say I really love this album a lot... the songs that weren't released earlier are way better than the ones we heard earlier on

8. KYLE!

KYLE! If i'm not back in 5 minutes ... Just wait longer.

I dont think Im alone when I say that Chester is one of the best singers in the business. I think we have all gotten used to the fact that he sounds great whenever he sings or screams. But I think most people are drawn to SFN (myself included) because the rolls got reversed. Mike does a fantastic job with the main verses/chorus and than when we least expected it Chester came in and started rapping?!?! Mind Blown. Most bands are lucky to find one singer that can produce a Hit. But here we are as fans of LP, spoiled and shit with two talented artists who are able to produce a solid record in whatever genre they want.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Blake, Lord MSG and dontFindOutMe like this.
  9. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Sorry for Now is a definite highlight here, the backing vocals are incredible and fuck what people say about the "chipmunks" (still makes me giggle), I listen to a wide enough range of music that I can dig it's usage here.

Blake, Avo and wattmatters like this.
  10. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

So is "Bullshit" considered clean now?

I think I clearly heard it (1:34) on Halfway Right ! (Such a good song)

Any ideas?

11. deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

I believe it's not generally considered explicit, yes. As far as I remember, Wretches and Kings wasn't labeled explicit as well.

wattmatters likes this.
  12. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Might be my second favourite album

Gravity_LP and wattmatters like this.
  13. wattmatters

Exactly

ATS > THP=OML > HT > MTM > LT = Meteora

Michele likes this.
  14. allfinerealfit

allfinerealfit but still we rise

Definitely agree on this. After multiple listens, NCSM has grown on me A LOT. Might be my favorite on the entire album. But I liked SFN more on my initial listening.

15. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

After 7 years, I gave up on the notion that they'd ever put out a track that could dethrone Blackout/WFTE as my tied number 1, but they fucking did it. Can't wait to cruise with my windows down blasting Sorry for Now.

Abel and wattmatters like this.
  16. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Sharp Edges may be the best song released in the last couple of years, by any artist (at least since Stressed Out). And Sorry For Now is pretty fucking close.

This album will spin hot this summer.

luki9875 and wattmatters like this.
  17. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

If they think it rocks then I'm just wondering what are the other bands/artists they usually listen to, because I've stopped following current trends long time ago and started getting back to 1970-early 2000's music. Well, majority of LPA users are extremely positive and hyped about everything that LP puts out whether it's ground breaking or weak. You can even see it here, if new album praiser shouts: ''f..ck off haters'' (just few pages back) no one gives a damn, but if it was the other way around they would roast that user

18. alee87

alee87 Active Member

If I were to define One More Light, I'll say that this is Linkin Park taking a break from making music for us fans to make a record that is dedicated to their families.

I have all the respect for creativity doesn't matter if I or anyone else doesn't like the final product or even does. Lyrics wise this record is very personal and on a few occasions I could relate to a few things personally as well. They have done so much, made so much music under their belt that they have simply nothing to worry about (they know their true fans will always be with them, and this Poppy record may fetch them even more).

They took a risk with ATS and we all know how polarising the album was, for me that was a tough pill to swallow but now I listen to it from scratch and "Break down" halfway through the album.

OML like I said is for their families which they've also shared with us but if you really sit back and listen to it with a broad mind, it's not a bad record and definitely not over the top but still an album that will appeal to us in many personal ways.

Hasnain likes this.
  19. wattmatters

Made me Change my profile picture :D

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Some context: ATS is my favorite LP record, so I'm not one of those "go back to nu-metal" fans. With that out of the way...

I'm saddened to say this but I can't stand this album. Finding it very hard to see any redeeming qualities about it. I have no issue with them making a pop record as long as its good. This to me isn't good. I'm disappointed in the band for putting out, what I believe, is the most safe and bland music they could make. It doesn't have any identity. It sounds like an imitation of Owl City/Chainsmokers. I hate how overproduced and clean everything sounds on here. There's nothing memorable about any of it. It's one safe and bland song after another. This was presented as being a personal record but I don't hear or feel that in the music at all. Whatever sense of introspection it had got eclipsed by the godawful production.

And before people start flaming me, please know this is just my opinion. You are free to disagree. Also, I know the band doesn't owe me anything... so I'll save you the time to type that one out.