Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

I've noticed that the older I get, the more diverse music I listen to. OML was a missing piece in my music library.

minuteforce and wattmatters like this.
  2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I still am very shocked by the amount of positive opinions here. Maybe I just didn't give LPAers enough credit (and for that I'm sorry) but I genuinely expected to be in the minority on here with my praise on the album. I remember discussing with my social media guy on Altwire that I was pretty sure I was going to get torn to shreds for it. But instead? There seems to be more positivity than "I hate this" comments. It seems like a lot of people wanted the band to make something like this after THP and it's refreshing to see so much positivity. I'm sure the band is happy too :).

3. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Gotta say, I really enjoyed the album. Highlights for me - Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry for Now, Halfway Right, and One More Light.

Man... when One More Light hits you in the gut with this lyric.
    "The reminders, pull the floor from your feet In the kitchen, one more chair than you need"

It reminds me that my daughter would have been 10 years old this year. The song really hits home with me.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Blake likes this.
  4. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Gotta say I'm really surprised by all the hype for 'Sorry For Now'. I mean, it's a good pop song, but "best song ever", "best LP song"!? I don't know, I think compared to masterpieces like Blackout, The Catalyst or TLTGYA it still looks a bit weak to me. Also that helium voice cuts really disturb me, it's in almost every radio song nowadays...

Mitch and wattmatters like this.
  5. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

There's no denying that its a really good album ! So much variety to offer. What's your favorite?

6. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Now this gets tougher as LP gets to explore more and more genres. SFN, Blackout, The Catalyst and TLTGYA are so different that they may pass as songs from other bands and they're hard to be compared.

So much variety there. That is what LP is all about.

AThousandLivingThings likes this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch YTB

The other good thing I've noticed in this thread and the LPA in general, except for a few instances, are the people that don't like the album but are constructive and/or respectful with their opinions. It's good to see.

Blake, Avo, Alexrednex and 1 other person like this.
  8. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

So many people in denial

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Soo...Mike if you could just ditch your personal life and lock yourself in a studio 24/7 to work on a solo album after you're done touring that'd be great, thanks :)

Blake, Gravity_LP, Avo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Who are you to say that? You're not Derek, or all these other people liking the album.

11. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

LINKIN PARK is a band for EVERYONE.This is one reason that makes them UNIQUE !

I really like the new album ... i grew with them since 2005.. and i m totally happy on the music that they made for me as a music listener/lover.
    I HOPE THEY WILL MAKE AT LEAST 4 ALBUMS! GOD BLESS THEM!

[I fucking cant decide witch is my favorite track of OML. I like a lot of them...!! ]

Blake and wattmatters like this.
  12. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

My review of One More Light after listening it all night.
    Nobody can save me : This is probably one of the best opener for a Linkin Park album and easily the best track on this album. 10/10
    Good Goodbye : Wasn't a fan of this song when it was released. The chorus slowly grows on you. 6/10
    Talking to myself : When I heard the song Live I wasn't quite sold on this song, But this song is really good when you hear the studio version with finally some good drums and guitars! 7.5/10
    Battle Symphony : When this song was released I found it better than Heavy, but this song slowly loses its charm. It becomes boring and annoying. 6/10
    Invisible : I was hyped for this song when it was announced as the next single. But this song lacks the energy and power. This song was the probably the biggest disappointment. 5/10
    Heavy : I was one of those guys who actually enjoyed this song a lot. This wasn't the sound we all were expecting from Linkin Park but still its better than all the pop songs we have on the radio and YouTube right now. I still enjoy this song. 8/10
    Sorry for now : This song is perfect. From lyrics to its music. From Mike singing to Chester Rapping. 9/10
    Halfway Right : The first time when I heard this song I was WTF is this? But this song is really good. I enjoy the chorus. 7/10
    One more Light : Err,I was really looking forward for this song, I was expecting it to be like TLTGYA. This song is lyrically powerful and nothing else. Nothing special. 6.5/10
    Sharp Edges : I wanted this song to have an Outro because the album ends unexpectedly. Weak ending to the album. 6/10

Overall I would give the album a 7/10. It has its moments.
    MTM>Meteora>HT>ATS=THP>OML>LT

lpfaneki likes this.
  13. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Invisible is the only song that I kinda like, everything else is meh or bad. I like bits and pieces but there's isn't a single song that gives me chills (every album had at least one song)...
    And I listen to pop these days, so I'm not a hater. It's just not good.

People who don't like are not saying anything I guess... also rose-colored glasses because it's new... everybody here loved LT when it came out, but in time it changed.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Agent likes this.
  14. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

im double posting but ... is it me? or just i have this feeling :

One more light : it's 4.15 but how the f** they made for the first time a slow song that feels like an 1 min ...... i want more of this ..
    Sharp Edges : It's a 2:58 min song that feels so whole and a more minutes song. Really new style , country vibes , beautifull !
    Sorry for now : THE SINGLE ! Electronic Vibes , Really catchy chorus !
    Nobody can save me : Again so beautiful song , for me ,with No chorus ... WTF!
    Halfway Right : again a new style by the band ... surprising song. I cant really tell my feelings about it!

15. ashish

ashish Active Member

Sorry for now will tear charts.
    If only they release this as a single.

16. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

When you watch the Making of A Thousand Suns, you see at the end they're sort of panicking with the deadline looming and they're not sure how they're going to finish or what direction the finished product is supposed to be. I wonder if that happened here. The songs like like they started off as one thing, morphed into something else, and were glazed over with coat after coat of polished to try and make it look intentional.

The band is supposedly all pop fans, but there seems to be this kind of vague disconnect with what makes solid pop songs on here. it's like they're doing paint-by-numbers pop pieces, but something still seems off about it. It's almost like they made a conscious decision to 'Linkin Park-it-up" the finished material after the fact, and it just made it even more awkward. Like they're otherwise average songs, but peppered with elements here and there that just throw everything off track.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While I completely disagree with your opinion of the music (sorry), I will still side with you that sometimes 'Linkin Park-ifying' a track actually ruins it. Case in point, the band stated they wrote a lot of folk leaning songs on LT and then Linkin Park-ified them later. This in my eyes was a mistake as that album felt totally forced.

18. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I understand everyone has their opinions, but I wonder if some people actually hear what they're saying sometimes.

19. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

See the post that immediately followed yours. xD

But yeah, mostly everyone who disliked the album have presented their thoughts in a civilized manner.

20. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Nobody Can Save Me, Invisible, and Sorry For Now are the tracks that I really like. The rest not so much. Can't wait for trap remixes of Sorry For Now lol.