Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is how NCSM was for me. It was a good song, but not a highlight. It's gotten much better with each listen.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Interesting. This just confuses me even more. Oh well, not like it really matters haha.

Deliveranze likes this.
  3. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

I was thinking of the same. OML would have been a great way to end the album and would have left the emotions of the listener running high.

This is my third favorite album. Really digging every track of the album except heavy.

Blake likes this.
  4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

LOL yeah, it really doesn't but I do remember being confused by that. I remember my mom wouldn't let me buy ATS when I was 13 due to the label. :lol:

Blake likes this.
  5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

To this day, my parents don't know what I listen to because I know they would be highly dissapointed. I ordered ATS from linkinpark.com though so it didn't matter what age I was.

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

My parents use to hate me buying explicit music but, they know how much I love hip hop, so they didn't care really by the time I was 16.

Blake likes this.
  7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I disagree that OML should be a closer. At least in the sense of drama or any sort of story, you have your emotional peak, and the denouement to allow the audience to cool down. It's like if you were to watch, say, The Matrix, and have the movie end immediately after Neo defeats Smith rather than his phone call to the Agents. Or Star Wars: A New Hope without the medal ceremony. Like movies, albums I feel need a sense of closure and OML, while emotional as fuck, doesn't really give that sense of closure. It's why I, despite having my reservations about the vocals, like The Messenger as the ending track of ATS as opposed to The Catalyst. Every good story and album needs a rising action, a climax, and a falling action. Sharp Edges fills that latter niche nicely.

Lord MSG, Alexrednex and Blake like this.
  8. Jmuuh

Jmuuh New Member

really great album it is, even from first listen but somehow music seemed to me to be a little happier than it should be when singing about heavy themes like these, still nothing to complain and the album doesn't feel that short at all

Blake likes this.
  9. YazooRafa

YazooRafa New Member

Just passing by again to say that I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE with Nobody can save me. This song surpassed BITS and Easier to Run for me, and now it's my favorite LP song, seriously. Hardly I can fave a song without the mix MIKE/CHESTER, so this song really achieved something.

I have a feeling, a bad one, that this wonderful song will not be a single, just cause LP always pick wrong songs as singles lol

And after multiples listenings, I'll give OML a score: 8/10, has not surpassed ATS, but was almost there for sure, really. So much highlights, I'm really proud.

Almost all songs (except for NCSm) gave me the feeling at some point of "OK, this IS strange", but after listening again it changed for "Yeah, cool"

I'm kinda agree with majority about GG, it seems that is kind of out of place, but maybe cause is the only song featuring rap? (weird saying that about a LP song) and maybe cause all other songs feels so personal, and GG has 2 other guys (Stormzy and Pusha) in the middle of our "personal chat"? You know when you are having some intimate chatting with someone, then another person comes from nowhere, saying things about it, or even random stuff? like, who invited him, bro? HAHA

10. Minus

It's one of the many wierd things about the album. There's some really heavy shit going on in some of these songs, but the album as a whole feels very optimistic. The whole album is this strange mix of contradictions that somehow works.

Jmuuh likes this.
  11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Everyone seem to be loving this album.

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I guess some people opinions are more valuable than others ;)

13. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

While the majority of OLM's reception so far has been positive here, I wouldn't go so far to say that. From what I've heard, the album's pretty much getting trashed in the rest of the interwebs.

14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

My mother enjoys quite a bit of the music she's heard me put on, including Linkin Park, Muse, Tame Impala, Radiohead, Portishead and more :lol:

15. Minus

To be fair a lot of the Internet also hasn't really followed LP since Meteora. To paraphrase a review of the album I read somewhere, "anyone who is surprised that the nu-metal band Linkin Park has put out a polished pop album hasn't actively listened to them since 2003."

Sasuke likes this.
  16. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Oh, I'm well aware. And I expected the album to get this exact reception from biased fans. But it doesn't really bother me.

17. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

4/10

18. Voitage

Voitage Part-time villain

Lurker for years, finally logged in again for the first time in years haha
    Sharp Edges has been on replay the whole entire day. It sounds folky and I think the lyrics for this song are one of the best of the entire album. The guitar is uplifting and the message is super relatable. I dig the "oh oooo oh ooo" melody.

Talk to me is another banger on this album. I loved the live version and adore the studio output. The guitar is catchy and so is the chorus.

One more light wasn't as slow or emotional musically as I hoped it would be. In my opinion, the messenger is by far more feels and moving.

Nobody can save me isn't that good and halfway right is forgettable but when Chester says something about turning up the bass and I cringed a little. Sorry for now is an amazing pop song but it's a little too repetitive for me and the vocal effects for Chester could have been.. not there.
    Overall, the album is an 8/10 and that's probably my fanboy bias playing in.

wattmatters likes this.
  19. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Everyone on a inwebs hate ats too

20. Voitage

Voitage Part-time villain

I do hope they make a modern version of hybrid theory, where it's rap rock with more mature lyrics and more complex instruments. That'd be interesting to hear

OR AN R AND B ALBUM CAUSE SCREW IT