One More Light sales predictions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Chris loves LP, May 3, 2017.

?

How many copies of One More Light will be sold on week 1 in the US?

Poll closed May 24, 2017.
  1. under 75k

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. 75-100

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. 100-125

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. 125-150

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. 150-200

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. 200-250

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. 250-300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 300-400

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. 400-500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 500+

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

They were positive to them, but let's not forget they also prefer their older work (they ranked LP's albums a few years ago and ATS and LT ended up last). Lots of rock websites are understandably confused about the new direction, and it didn't help that Chester's careless comments made it worse.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's popular to write negative reviews or what but the album isn't that bad at all and maybe they just need to broaden their horizons. I'm not saying it's a great album, I also had low expectations and am not a type of fan that will defend everything they do, but it really isn't aa type of record to give it 1/5.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

There seems to be 3 camps this album is getting noticible reactions from; "Meteora kids", 'seasoned' music reviewers or people who listen to a significant amount of pop music, and people who lean towards rock and don't listen to a ton of pop, but are open to it.

"Pop-open" rock fans seem to be digging this waaaaaaaaay more than people who are more casual listeners of the genre. I'd say it's almost like an introductory to electronic pop music, if you're already familiar with the genre, it's a total "who gives a fuck?" throw away. If this is your first substantial introduction to such music, it seems much more masterfully crafted.

And if you want Hybrid Theory 3 you're a fucking idiot you might as well be clamoring for fucking Candlebox and Soul Asylum reunions while you're at it.

Jayhov likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I don't know if you've read anything I've posted so far but no, I don't want HT 3 because that would be plain stupid and boring and then they'd be sell outs. This album hasn't given me hope because of the first two singles released and I don't usually listen to pop music and am not even leaning towards it. However, after a couple of listenings I find it very good so I don't quite understand these reviews.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
    dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

In other news, Heavy just reached its peak position(51) on Hot 100 after 12 weeks.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    The Joesen One

That's last week's chart. We'll wait and see if it moves up/down further in a few days. The Billboard charts haven't refreshed yet (ex. the Hot 200 Albums #1 should be Harry Styles, but it's still Logic there).

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I think you're going to see a new age group come into the LP world with this album. I hadn't really played any of OML around my kids. My oldest is 9 and he's a huge fan of Imagine Dragons and music like that.

He came up to my over the weekend and asked me to listen to some new music he found on YouTube. It was Linkin Park's new stuff from OML. Apparently a lot of his friends are getting into this album as well.

Young blood means an increase in sales, IMO.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Blackee Dammet

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

^

LP have always been outsold by more relevant artists that have come up in the past 6 years or so. Normal for a band like them that came from the early 2000s (especially those from the nu metal era).

Blackee Dammet

Fair enough. At least according to those predictions, they're #2 by a comfortable 20 or so thousand copies. And they're beat by probably the most popular artist in the most dominate genre of music out there atm.

@LP2K12 and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

To the posts above a band as big as Linkin Park should not be being beat by a month old album. This is pure sad and I am extremely disappointed.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

46% counted so far.

KENDRICK LAMAR
    DAMN.
    TDE/INTERSCOPE 39,082

LINKIN PARK
    ONE MORE LIGHT
    WARNER BROS. 36,754

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Disappointing AF, but at least they will have a bigger debut than Paramore, so that's something, I guess.

Blake likes this.
    freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

Papa Roach isn't going to be #1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Honestly, #2 isn't terrible. Other bands that have been around as long as them hardly reach the top5.

No shit.

Blackee Dammet

I mean to be fair... they're not exactly massive anymore. They're still a very successful act but let's not pretend being a solid 15 years past what's widely considered their peak popularity hasn't had a significant effect. I mean in all honesty I really had every expectation that the album would perform much worse, I think I'm really as surprised no newer act outsold them as I am an old album kept them off number one.

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

To be honest, this isn't too surprising. LP are a (more than) 15 year old band from the Nu-Metal era, to be right behind a industry leader like Kendrick is a really good achievement

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...6/linkin-park-10th-top-10-album-billboard-200

90,000 equivalent album sales is a very good number, again, for a band that is more than 15 years old, this is actually a really good figure.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

It's a little disappointing though. A part of me was wishing that maybe it would be able to break the six figure mark. Never mind.

The Joesen One

Not surprised, Kendrick Lamar's album is amazing and almost all the songs have charted in the Hot 100. He benefits from individual song traction, plus Kendrick is one of the biggest artists today. Happy that the band lost to someone deserving tbh.

Abel likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I would argue it's deserving if it wasn't out for a month and a half already.

Damn is better than One More Light in my opinion but It's been out over a month. OML deserves #1 just for this one week.

crazygolfer likes this.