Linkin Park - "True to the Artist" Video Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, May 23, 2017.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

:popcorn:

2. Omar123

Omar123 New Member

Hey man do u know of there will be a full making of the album process like meeting a thousands suns I hope to see a whole documentary about the album or something ?? Any idea

3. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

nobody knows. At this point though, considering we hardly got any BTS footage I think chances are pretty low.

4. Omar123

Omar123 New Member

Well wwhat

5. Omar123

Omar123 New Member

What about someone who purchased the all you can get version do u know if there is a making on it

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

No.

7. Amaad

Amaad New Member

LP should get Rick Rubin as their producer again and stop featuring other artists on their studio albums. That's when they really shine.

8. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

I'd rather them play around with new people.

9. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I didn't bother reading the 13 pages of comments, so I will just post my thoughts as fresh and spontaneous (and stupid) as they can be.

With the obvious radio sound of the album, this kind of videos, and the 300000 pop writers intervening in the writing process, it's pretty much impossible for me to take the album seriously anymore.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Jayhov and InStereo like this.
  10. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Some stubbornness

11. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Just thought i'd share that today was the first time we had the whole family in the car as we took care of some Saturday errands. Wife and 2 kids ages 2 and 4. I've been a nut for LP since March 2001 and of course had "One More Light" in the CD player. I not only caught my wife bobbing her head to some of the songs, but actually saying "this is a really good song" on multiple occasions. She's never been much of an LP fan but she was into this new CD. Then my 4 year old was begging me to replay one particular song over and over again. That song was "One More Light" and after about the 3rd time she heard it, she was singing along with the song and it brought the LP nut in me a smile to my face. Just wanted to share as I know there is a lot of mixed reviews on this CD and while it's not my personal favorite of theirs, it seems to be working for my family when we're in the car.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Album outsold THP first week and is currently tallying over the original first week projections (it's at 117k and growing) without final figures in.

So much for this album being a flop and the "worst debut for Linkin Park in a decade". Take that Ultimate Guitar :).

13. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

Well no wonder, if you bundle it with a ticket purchase. (unless they don't count)

14. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Can I please have the source? Thank you.

15. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

16. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

As far as we know, there will not be an accompanying selection of video footage like there was for A Thousand Suns. The band seems to have moved away from that since then, and instead offers a variety of behind-the-scenes clips through their YouTube channel and through LPU exclusives videos.

17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Reanimation says hello.

Captain-EO, brady and Alexrednex like this.
  18. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

This video basically reinforces my sentiment that the band made this album to get back into the mainstream, so to speak. An intention that I personally have no problem with; in fact it's what I've been wanting for the band for a while. I WANT to hear people talking about Linkin Park, I WANT to be able to go to a Linkin Park concert and not be the only person who's singing along to the new songs.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

People had to claim their copies for those to count. They didn't just automatically count in the total, so while yes that did help, the bundles were actual sales because people redeemed it to get their copy. It wasn't like they were automatically sent the album and counted as part of the total by default without their choosing/consent.

Discrediting the totals because the band did ticket bundles (when that's actually a common practice - Metallica did it as well) isn't fair to the band. This is a #1 the band earned fair and square.

Evan likes this.
  20. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

I love the album.

Im just confused when Mike said "lets not waste our time with that". Waste their time with what? Trying out new things and making the music they want to make? I got the whole THP was niche thing but i get really mixed feelings when he says that. Anyone care to simplify?