June 12, 2017 - Berlin, Germany: One More Light World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 12, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]
    Linkin Park returns to Berlin for the second time this year, this time for a full show!​

The bands last show was in Berlin on September 3rd, 2015, and the setlist was slightly different for the first time in a while. Unfortunately, for the wrong reasons. Due to a family emergency, Joe could not play the show, but his tech Warren Willis filled in for him. Because of this, Joe's Solo Medley was dropped from the setlist. Joe ended up missing all the remaining shows on the tour. This was the first time Joe missed a Linkin Park show in his career, leaving Rob, Mike and Chester the only members who were present at every Linkin Park show. Another slight change was made to the set to make up for the lack of Joe's Solo Medley, as Mike rapped a verse from Fort Minor's "There They Go" over the bridge of "Bleed It Out", before Chester conducted the regular sing-a-long with the crowd. This was the first performance of "There They Go" in any form in over six years, with the last one happening in Okinawa, Japan way back in the August of 2009, and only the second time ever that Mike rapped a verse from "There They Go" over "Bleed It Out". Check out the performance of the Fort Minor section from the show below.

Moving along with their 2017 European Tour, Linkin Park goes from Prague over to Germany, for their second performance in Berlin for the year!

That's right, the band performed in Berlin earlier this year when they performed Heavy (feat. Kiiara) at the Echo Awards. This was only the second full band performance of the song, and I think we can all hope that they play more than just that song tonight.

Yesterday the band played a full headlining set at the Aerodrome Festival in Prague, with Mike dedicating the song One More Light to his uncle Kenji that recently passed away. You can watch the performance of the song here below.

The two previous performances on this tour has been festivals, and this is a headlining set. So if the band will change their setlist up for the two different show types, tonight could be a good indicator for the rest of the tour. As we all know by this point, the band rehearsed Sharp Edges recently during rehearsals and we can all hope that they bring the song out during the tour.

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet/facebook/instagram pictures to us (we're "LPAssociation" on all those sites) if you meet some other members.

After this show, the band has a day off and then on the 14th they return to Austria and the Nova Rock Festival!

Are you going to this show? Have you attended any previous shows in Berlin over the years? Are you going to a show on this tour? Come and discuss in our forums!

Remaining shows on the European tour:
    Jun 14, 2017 - Nickelsdorf, Austria, Nova Rock Festival
    Jun 15, 2017 - Krakow, Poland, Impact Festival 2017
    Jun 17, 2017 - Monza, Italy, I-Days Milano 2017
    Jun 18, 2017 - Clisson, France, Hellfest 2017
    Jun 20, 2017 - Amsterdam Zuidoost, Netherlands, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 22, 2017 - Madrid, Spain, Download Festival Madrid 2017
    Jun 24, 2017 - Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival 2017
    Jun 25, 2017 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, Germany, Southside Festival 2017
    Jun 27, 2017 - Sopron, Hungary, Telekom VOLT Festival
    Jun 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden, Bråvalla Festival
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 07, 2017 - Manchester, UK, One More Light World Tour

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

I hope they play NCSM or Halfway Right. Those songs will sound GLORIOUS live.

Sasuke likes this.
    Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

There actually already are videos of yesterday's shining One More Light from Prague. Unfortunately it is impossible to share the atmosphere that was in the air at that moment.

Kevin likes this.
    rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

I will going to the Download Madrid and it will be my first linkin park concert and i'm expecting they play given up and shadow of the day, two of my favourites song ever. And GATS, but I know this it's impossible for the promonition of a pop album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well ... :mellow:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly, it's not even the pop album that has anything to do with it. I think it's safe to say that as the band releases more and more albums, the band's older catalog is going to be pushed out of the setlist. It's just impossible to avoid.

Goten

Goten Member

Getting excited for tonight. Setlist will hopefully changed a bit, want to hear Final Masquerade and/or one more new song live debut. In general the current setlist is pretty good, I like the variety of old and new stuff. There are too many songs now to make everyone happy unfortunately, but it's a good middle way the band found.

Opening act tonight is Machine Gun Kelly, not really sure whether I like that or not. :)

Kevin

No videos were up at the time I wrote and posted the thread, but thanks for the video, I'll edit it in to the original post.

Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right.

Btw I guess Berlin is gonna hear Sharp Edges tonight based on this tweet

Kevin

We can hope

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

If Sharp Edges is in the set, I hope it's there to stay.

Sasuke likes this.
    Zach994

Zach994 Member

A Place For My Head acoustic:lol:

No I guess Sharp Edges, terrible song in my opinion.

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

They don't use a screen in the background on this tour?

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Depends on the venue I'm guessing, when I saw them play in Vegas last month, the screens were on the sides.
    I'm guessing they'll have the crazy stage setup for the US tour.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

I rather them not have the screens and the crazy visuals. It takes away the performance from the band imo. Can't remember if it was during LT tour or THP but it was too much.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Mercedes is always watching...........

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

@Mercedes AMG too :kappa:

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Both I think, and I really enjoyed it (it created a very nice atmosphere during WFTE for example), so I'll be sad if they don't use it this time around.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I wonder what this actually means?

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Bray Wyatt is a wrestler, during his entrance lights go off and people light up their phones, like this:
    [​IMG]
    You'll get the pun. Anyway, another childish crowd and this isn't even a festival. That's ridiculous.

(Still, those are a lot of lights, and they'd be up for One More Light, surely not for a heavy metal song, so I'm not quite sure about this people being not invested)

viktorignatov77 likes this.