LP Songs That You Can't Stand.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Sonic, Jun 22, 2017.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Don't stay
    Lying From You
    From the Inside
    Hit the Floor
    Easier to Run
    Nobodies Listening
    Numb
    Lost in the Echo
    Given Up

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I don't like most of everything after ''Minutes'', but I would say these are my 2 least favorite from each album.

Hybrid Theory: By Myself, Pushing Me Away
    Meteora: Easier To Run, Nobody's Listening
    Minutes To Midnight: Wake, Hands Held High
    A Thousand Suns: When They Come For Me, The Messenger
    Living Things: Castle Of Glass, Until It Breaks
    The Hunting Party: Keys To The Kingdom, Until It's Gone
    One More Light: Good Goodbye, Sharp Edges

By Myself and Pushing Me Away were always the most boring songs on Hybrid Theory to me. Well, By Myself really. By Myself never really drew me in, I'm not sure what makes me not like it, but I just find it boring and usually skipped when I'm playing the album. I used to play Pushing Me Away a lot back in the day, to the point of overplaying it, so nowadays, I usually skip it because I'm bored with it, but it's a good song. Easier To Run is a song that I used to relate to a lot growing up, and I would often listen to it when I was feeling down. It's not a bad song at all, but nowadays I usually just skip the song. Nobody's Listening is cool and unique, but I usually skip over it. The chorus is a tad cringe worthy. I chose Wake and Hands Held High just so I could have picks for Minutes To Midnight, but I don't hate or even dislike those songs. Minutes To Midnight is the only album by the band that I completely love every song on, I never skip over tracks. I love the verses in Hands Held High and I love the instrumental, the chorus is the only thing that could have maybe been a little different, but I love the ending when Mike comes in with his singing, so I can't complain. When They Come For Me is a big fan-favorite, but it always annoyed me. I don't like the intro, I don't like the chorus at all, or the outro, and I always found the whole ''try to catch up motherfucker'' line a bit cringe worthy. I remember that one time I was hanging out with this girl that I really liked a lot and respected and she was like ''why would someone ever use that line in a song?'', and I had to agree with her. Although, she did really dislike Linkin Park, so maybe she was just saying that because it was Linkin Park in general, but yeah. The Messenger is a song that I just flat out don't like. I don't think it should have closed the album, I think The Catalyst should have, but beyond that, I don't like Chester's vocal delivery. I've heard the song played live and I think his delivery is better live, but I still don't really like the song. I don't think Linkin Park fits in well with that style of music. Castle Of Glass was always just very boring to me. I guess it's not a ''bad'' song, but I never was interested in it, so that's why it's one of my picks. Until It Breaks was a song that I could just never get into either. Mike has some good lines on that song, but it doesn't save it for me. I don't really enjoy Brad's singing outro, either. I know that they wanted to combine like 4 different songs into one, but I just didn't really care for it. Keys To The Kingdom I always found to be extremely cringe worthy. I hate the screaming intro with the weird effects, I hate the lyrics throughout the entire song, and I hate how abrupt the changes are. Again, I know they wanted to have a song with tons of different changes and stuff to make it jarring, but I wasn't a fan. It almost sounds too much like a demo to me, and a bad one at that. Until It's Gone was a song that I always felt like never fit on The Hunting Party. While they had Final Masquerade on the album, which was slower as well, it fit with the style of the album more, IMO. Until It's Gone also had cliche lyrics and I didn't like the electronic element of the song at all. It almost sounded like a song that was rejected for Living Things in a way. Good Goodbye is one that I have always hated upon first listen. I chose it over Heavy because I like it that much less, and I by no means like Heavy. The chorus is the most cringe worthy thing the band has ever released, IMO, and I hate a lot of the verses in the song. Mike's is decent, I guess, but it's not great to me. I hated Stormzy's verse a lot. The whole use of the word ''hoe'' was kind of strange on a Linkin Park track on a main album and the whole ''Linking tings in parks, not I got a tune with Linkin Park'' line was mega cheesy to me. Pusha T did ok, I guess, but it's still a very boring and cringe worthy song to me. Sharp Edges is a song that I just don't care for. It's similar to The Messenger in ways, and I didn't like that song at all, either. Again, I just don't think this style of song works well for Linkin Park, and they're good at a lot of styles. I don't like Chester's twangy vocal delivery, but my biggest issue is with the line ''We learn what doesn't kill us makes us stronger''. I hate that line immensely because it's so cliche, surely, they could have went with a much better line and avoided that altogether, they must have really liked that line for it to be OKed.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Just sticking to the 7 studio albums here, these are the songs that I really dislike (in album order):

Runaway
    By Myself
    Hit the Floor
    Nobody's Listening
    No More Sorrow
    Guilty All The Same
    The Summoning
    War
    Wastelands
    Talking To Myself

There are other songs that I don't like but I can just about tolerate them so I haven't mentioned those. :lol:

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

There are only a few LP songs that I dislike.

- Don't Stay
    - Hands Held High
    - No Roads Left - I like Mike's vocals a lot, but I can't stand that instrumental.
    - Basically all of "Recharged", but that probably doesn't count as most of it wasn't made by them

These are some tracks that I think are among their weakest, but I don't hate listening to them.

- Battle Symphony
    - Heavy
    - Skin to Bone
    - High Voltage
    - Runaway
    - Wastelands
    And maybe "In Between" as there isn't a whole lot to it, but I actually like the song a lot.

That's about it, one of the few music acts where I like the majority of their discography.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

DNA
    King Kunta
    How Much a Dollar Cost
    Backseat Freestyle
    The Blacker the Berry
    LOYALTY
    LUST
    Alright
    Money Trees
    Poetic Justice

Captain-EO, BTorio, brady and 2 others like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

:rofl:

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Stop Triggering me :halfkappa:

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Battle Symphony.

Keep me away from that damn annoying song.

Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

2017 songs they made

TheZlajaZlo likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Fuck Waiting For The End. Worst LP song since Robot Boy.

:kappa:

Sasuke likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

- Don't Stay
    - Runaway
    - War

Yeah that's really all I got. Everything else on their studio albums are at least half decent.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

POINTS OF AUTHORITY
    IN THE END

A PLACE FOR MY HEAD
    WAR
    LIES GREED MISERY
    NOBODY'S LISTENING
    FIGURE.09

That's about it

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Majority of THP...

Keys
    GATS
    War
    Wastelands
    Until it's Gone
    Mark the Graves
    ALITS

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Most of OML but special shoutout to Sharp Edges. Probably the only song i truly outright hate.

Beyond that,

Runaway
    Hands Held High
    Valentines Day
    In Between
    Iridescent
    Burn It Down
    Castle Of Glass, sometimes. I love the beginning but the rest of the song gets so dull by comparison.

Michele likes this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

1. Craaaaaawling iiiiin my skiiiiiiiiin
    2. Runaway
    3. Somewhere I Belong
    4. Hit the Floor
    5. Don't Stay
    6. Nobody's Listening
    7. In Between
    8. Good Goodbye
    9. Battle Symphony
    10. Easier To Run
    Seriously I don't understand how somebody with half a brain can listen to Crawling and appreciate it. Unless don't understand English very well and just hear a whiny vocalist scream over drowning power chords for 3 and a half minutes.

And then there's the Dr. Seuss rhymes of Somewhere I Belong... And the "GRRR I'm just so mad and angsty" bridge of Runaway... Don't know how Chester starting enjoying that song again.

You poor, poor soul.

Captain-EO likes this.
    HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

• Crawling (Used to be my favorite as a pre teen, and I feel embarased about it lol. I cringe everytime I read the lyrics)
    • Runaway (Again, worse lyrics ever)
    • Don't Stay (I got sick of the song, seriously, if I listen to it again I think I will puke)
    • Hit The Floor (Just awful)
    • War (Way too obvious)
    • Battle Symphony (I'll be honest here. The first time I listened to it when it came out, I actually enjoyed it. After I've listened to it live I thought it sounded pretty bad, not to mention that they were messing up the intro every single show. And after I listened to OML (whole album), I started to dislike it. I can't find something special or memorable about the song)
    • New Divide (I simply dislike it)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

That's the exact reason as to why I love Crawling.

kcg and Blake like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Same, actually.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Pretty much every track in their catalogue tbh (except Standing In The Middle (Feat. Motion Man))

Captain-EO, Sasuke and Deliveranze like this.
    kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

Same here.
    I don't get the hate for Crawling either. I've heard people explain the reasons why they hate that song saying it's too angsty or whiny and it makes no sense to me, because those reasons could apply much more to so many other songs out there that don't get nearly as much hate. Crawling is one of the most difficult songs to sing and it was a very emotional song about Chester's drug addiction and how he was abused as a child, which is extremely difficult for anyone to openly talk about. Unfortunately, some idiots on the internet turned it into a lame-ass meme to make fun of depressed people or people complaining about "nobody understanding them". Most internet memes are unfunny and unoriginal anyway, so I don't let that effect my opinions of certain music/art.