July 1, 2017 — Werchter, Belgium at Rock Werchter

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jun 30, 2017.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

[​IMG]
    Linkin Park continues through the Europe portion of the One More Light World Tour. As we reach the final four dates, Belgium's Rock Werchter is the last date before the band's consecutive two day shows in London, and then their final European date in Birmingham, UK. The band's previous performance in Norrköping, Sweden at the Bråvalla Festival saw some unexpected drops and a shorter overall setlist. Waiting For The End and the Nobody Can Save-Battle Symphony rotation were both dropped. The concert did yield a breathtaking performance of Breaking The Habit besides a golden a sunset. See the photo courtesy of Jim Digby on Twitter:

[​IMG]
    Linkin Park last performed in Werchter, Belgium in 2011 during the A Thousand Suns World Tour and this performance will only mark the band's third appearance in the country ever. Fans, are you excited to see the band make a return to Werchter after 6 years! Let us know in the LPA Forums.

Will you be seeing the band at the Rock Werchter? If you are headed to the show, meet up with other fans through the official meet up thread.

Remaining shows on the European tour:
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour​

Source: Jim Digby Twitter

Kevin likes this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I wanted to get some tickets. But then it was sold out :timothy:

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Me too! Oh well, I've been to one show already.

Have fun, Glenn! Hope the weather doesn't ruin it.

Michele

the weather isnt too bad afaik. i knew people who gone there.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Off- Topic:
    According to LPLive, OML'S next official second single is 'Talking to Myself'. It's so weird and very confusing.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It makes sense especially with the live video. I would expect it to be released about late this month or early August. Talking to Myself isn't really an outlier to the album tbh.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It makea sense, I agree.

People just get confused because they thought Good Goodbye and Invisible were singles

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Perfect vocals by Chester, but he does not manage to reach New Divide's vocals

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Full video of the stream is up:

Michele and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Great show. Chester is sounding really good.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Leave Out All The Rest sounds really good. Chester used to struggle singing that song years ago in 2007-2008 but now he does well. I love the new version of it as well.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

So I get back from my girlfriends today and I find out I've been selected for the Meet and Greet to finally meet my heroes at the Birmingham show on Thursday!!! I'm so ecstatic and buzzing right now, I'm absolutely thrilled to be meeting my favourite band. I'm now going to decide what I want the band to sign for me; either my A Thousand Suns vinyl cover or my One More Light deluxe artbook, decisions... decisions!

Back on topic, to get ready for Thursday I'm going to check out this show, I've been enjoying all of the streamed shows (as well as some shows fans have recorded) and Chester has really nailed a lot of the songs on this tour and is sounding as good as he did in 2012... so can't wait!

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll enjoy M&G, just prepare to be super excited and nervous :D I got my M&G pictures today and they show how nervous (but in a positive way) I was.
    I watched a live stream last night, Chester and Mike sounded really well but the best part was Chester's interaction with the crowd. They're so lucky.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Foreshadowed_LP likes this.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Seems like System stole the show. What a boring set list.

Michele

as i heared, the System show was leagues better than other System shows. So i guess they stole it with good reason.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I'm so looking forward to the show and especially the Meet and Greet! It's funny as when I opened my e-mails I didn't notice it at first as I am waiting for a reply from CID Entertainment as still not had the 'informational e-mail' on what time VIP check-in is or where. So I saw I haven't had a response from them yet (I'll give them until Tuesday to respond) and I then noticed I had an e-mail from Amazon and then second from the top there it is... LPUHQ - Meet and Greet Confirmation. I'm like stunned for a mini-second and open the e-mail, read the first few lines and I go all Daniel Byran shouting "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES" and high-fived my Mum. It took me 5 minutes to read the e-mail as I couldn't believe I was selected, I'm so happy! I know on the day I'll be super excited and I know I'll try and play it cool but I just know I'll blurt out in a creepy way "I LOVE YOU GUYS!" and look like some weird stalker, haha.

Anyway, I'm 30 minutes into the stream and so far, a very solid show again and the fans have been brilliant. Time to continue watching the rest of it and getting more and more pumped for their conclusion on the UK tour for the Birmingham show.

Doridorica likes this.
    thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

I was there at Rock Werchter and I had a Meet and greet!! :) It was wonderfull. Spoken to all 6 bandmembers. They showed up all individual, not in group because of press-duties. Curious about the photo's, I can't find them online yet.
    The show was also great, ended with Faint in stead of Bleed it out like the previous tour. System of a down before was also a blast!

Blake likes this.
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I was watching bits and pieces of this, and I was very moved by the Crawling performance, of all things. The looks Chester gives the people around him while they're all singing together is so awesome. This band has come so far. I really enjoyed watching all the songs played off of OML, but there's something about this beautiful rendition of Crawling with all of the passionate fans around him that just make it really special. I really loved it.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Crawling piano version is one thing I don't like. It can be nice, intense but I just don't feel it.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

To me it's so much more genuine than the regular version nowadays. I got to the point where I couldn't stand hearing Crawling played, but the stripped down version sounds great.

Avo likes this.