July 3, 2017 - London, UK - One More Light World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 2, 2017.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

[​IMG]
    How quickly a tour goes by! As Linkin Park nears the end of this European Tour, which has seen the band perform in 11 countries since June 9th, they will now conclude with a trio of performances in the United Kingdom. Tonight's performance at the O2 Arena is the first of two consecutive performances in London, to be followed by a performance tomorrow night (July 4th) at the Brixton Academy. The band will conclude their tour on July 6 in Birmingham at the Barclaycard Arena.

The band would have otherwise closed their tour in Manchester, but have since cancelled the performance since Manchester Arena will not re-open until September. The venue remains closed following the recent and horrid terrorist attack that took place there on May 22nd, following an Ariana Grande concert.

So much to say about London - the city remains a special place for this band! The last time the full band performed in London was in November 2014 when promoting The Hunting Party. I actually went to one of these performances at the O2 Arena and managed to position myself at the very front of the pit - and as you might expect, it was memorable! One attendee managed to snag a video of the entire encore set from one of these performances (see below):

Much like this time, the band performed two consecutive shows at the O2 Arena back then. However, we've seen a bit of Linkin Park in London since then. Fort Minor actually performed at the Scala back in September 2015, which featured Mike performing a small and intimate set of Fort Minor tracks and Linkin Park B-sides. A lot of videos can be found on YouTube from this performance, but one of the most special moments of a show can be when the performing act first makes their way onto the stage. So here's a video of just that: Mike entering the stage and opening the show with "Petrified."

The performance featured a number of special tracks that haven't otherwise been performed (at least, for a long time) - including notable Hybrid Theory EP favorite "High Voltage," as well as "Devil's Drop" from the MALL Soundtrack.

Most recently, Mike and Chester came by London and performed in the YouTube Space back on March 30th, as part of a brief promotional stint for One More Light. The band performed a few tracks from the album, including a stripped down version of "Heavy" with special guest Sofia Karlberg (see below).

These few recent performances are simply some of the many times that both Linkin Park and Fort Minor have come around London and wowed us. And par for the course, we may be bound to see more of that tonight. Recent tweets from O2 Arena's official Twitter account suggest that the band "are keen to do a longer set for their UK fans," since there are no support acts listed for the show.

This could mean any number of things, but we may see some more surprises from this show (of which there have a been a few so far on this tour). The band has played anywhere between 21 and 26 tracks on this tour, so we're all certainly curious as to how many more tracks the band might throw in there. It's unlikely that we'll see the addition of any of the remaining One More Light tracks, but the band has found ways to throw in some fan favorites - including It's Goin' Down and Reading My Eyes over a couple of tracks. It's likely we'll see more of that this time around - and knowing this city's history with special Fort Minor performances, perhaps we'll see a performance of "Welcome" - or perhaps others!

Either way, fans based in the UK - and around the world alike - have a lot to be excited about leading up into these UK performances. Of course, we will keep you posted on any exciting developments for these shows. If you have any thoughts on what the band might throw at fans tonight, let us know in our forums!

And of course, if you're going to the show in London tonight, you can meet up with other fans through the official meet up thread.

Remaining shows on the European tour:
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour​

Ree, Kevin and Michele like this.
    Evan_5397

Evan_5397 Well-Known Member

Wonder if since it's in London, Stormzy will come out to do his verse on 'Good Goodbye'

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Can't wait :D

Michele, Deliveranze and Sasuke like this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

This is off-topic but I didn't know where else to post this, has anyone that has purchased VIP Tickets for any of the UK shows had the 'informational e-mail' from CID Entertainment yet regarding times for VIP check-in and where? On the e-mail and FAQ it says they will send the e-mail around a week before the show confirming these details and with me attending the Birmingham show in 3 days I still haven't received an e-mail and just wondering if anyone else is waiting for this information or received their details yet?

I e-mailed them on Friday and still haven't got a response. I'll give them a call tomorrow after work (to give them a bit longer) if all else fails. I know I'll get my Meet and Greet details on Thursday so that's awesome but it would be nice to have the other part from CID sorted so me and my sister know what time to sign in to receive our merchandise and where.

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic but what time do you guys recommend queuing up for the Brixton show if you want to be near the front? On my ticket it says doors open at 7:00

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

3 hours before doors is my recommendation. LP fans and/or UK fans could be more crazy though then what I've experienced in my lifetime but I think 3 should be good enough.

Also, apparently Runaway, With You, and Final Masquerade are going to make a comeback in these longer sets. Let's hope that turns out true!

Zain likes this.
    Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Been a Linkin Park fan my whole life and finally seeing them live. I swear to god if they play Runaway and With You I might just cry lmao. Especially if Chester does the scream he used to do in the intro of "With You"

Blake, Doridorica and demz_4 like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

1,5-2 hours before doors open is mostly pretty good when i go to a concert.

fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Hi to all LPA members at the O2!!!

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Stormzy came out for his verse in Good Goodbye!

Blake likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Oh shit. HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

Blake likes this.
    Hybridtheory1

Hybridtheory1 New Member

Has anyone got a spare ticket for tomorrow at Brixton?

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Anybody who says that LP shows lack energy......anybody who says LP don't have it anymore is insane!!

That was the most mental LP show I've ever been too. Aside from crawling and ONe more light, the place was bouncing for every single song. I was front and centre on the floor and the place went NUTS when Stormzy came out. My entire body hurts, lost my shirt, lost my voice and lost my mind at points!!!

Sorry if this seems rambling, I'm not proof reading this as I've just walked out the venue and I'm a bit shaken up haha.

Also look what I managed to catch!!

IMG_1369.JPG

Ree, Doridorica, Deliveranze and 5 others like this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Went to meet&greet, talked to all the band members, talked to some nice LPU members... recorded a short video with Mike Shinoda. No big deal.

Ree, Louis and Petar like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

They should call you Kevin Brag-About-It whatever-your-last-name-is.

I kid, that's awesome

Kevin

Well that was quick

Louis

@Kevin - Was it like a personal video? Or was it a for-LPA video? Just checking in case we want to throw it in to a tour post or something. Glad to hear you had such an awesome time though!

Kevin likes this.
    Kevin

I don't wanna spoil it, but it's LPA related

Louis

I won't ask any further! :)

Kevin likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Genuinely dissapointed with the "Longer set" that was rumored.

Only adding 1 song longer than the current longest set and nothing new that they haven't been playing :/

The set list overall isn't bad but the rumors of a longer set had me thinking of like 20 songs with songs coming back that haven't been played this cycle.

I feel led on.

demz_4 likes this.