July 4, 2017 - London, UK - One More Light World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 4, 2017.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

[​IMG]
    Another one! Linkin Park comes back for the second half of their doubleheader in London tonight. This time, the band will be performing at the Brixton Academy. This will actually be the band's first performance at the Brixton Academy venue since 2003!

The band performed a 26-track set last night at the O2 Arena, not deviating much from what we had seen for earlier performances of this European Tour. However, the show did happened to be the longest of the band's career. The biggest surprise of the night, which some had speculated might happen, was when UK-based rap artist Stormzy joined the band on stage to perform "Good Goodbye" off of One More Light. As you know, Stormzy was featured on the track alongside Pusha T, and this will be the first time that either artist participated in a live performance of the song. Brief clips of the performance were shared on Mike Shinoda's and Linkin Park's Instagram accounts (see below).

The other surprise and new addition of the night was the band's performance of "Invisible," which for the first time featured a brief acapella of "Hands Held High."

Chances are that we might see Stormzy show up again tonight for Linkin Park's show at the Brixton Academy, but we don't know that for sure. We don't know what we'll see yet from the band tonight, but Mike has since posted on Instagram today that fans can look forward to a more intimate show and a different setlist. There may be some surprises in store!

As mentioned before, the band will conclude their tour on July 6 in Birmingham at the Barclaycard Arena. The band would have otherwise closed their tour in Manchester, but have since cancelled the performance since Manchester Arena will not re-open until September, following the recent and horrid terrorist attack that took place there on May 22nd after an Ariana Grande concert.

If you have any thoughts on what the band might throw at fans tonight, let us know in our forums!

And of course, if you're going to the show in London tonight, you can meet up with other fans through the official meet up thread.

Remaining show on the European tour:
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour​

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Michele and Kevin like this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'll be at this show and have a spare ticket I'm selling. If you want to go hit me up. It's probably better to message me on Twitter with your LPA username @LPAssociation as I'll check that more. Let me know!

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

I'll be at the show today! First ever Linkin Park show finally If anyone wants to come say hi, I'll be the guy in a Pearl Jam t-shirt with the fuckboy hairstyle lol

Louis and TobinKnowsBest like this.
    JackF1992

JackF1992 Jack

I'll be there today, I'm an LPA lurker, always here, but rarely post. I'll the tall guy reppin' an LPU shirt. Narrows it down, I know...

Iopia likes this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I'll be there in about an hour, OML t shirt, blue O2 wristband from last night, come say hi!!

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

Are you the dude with the hair tied in a bun? Think I might have just saw you

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I heard Stormzy returned and they swapped From the Inside and SIB with Points of Authority and Place for My Head!

Ghoul

Ghoul Member

I can't for the life of me work out what SIB means?

Edit.

Never mind, a sudden brain wave occurred.