Hybrid Theory Part 2?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Feb 29, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I was reading an AMG review of Meteora and it said that Meteora was a just another version of Hybrid Theory:

"Meteora, would merely have been seen as a continuation of their 2000 debut, Hybrid Theory, instead of a retreat to familiar ground. Then again, Reanimation wasn't much more than a way to buy time (along with maybe a little credibility), so it's unfair to say that its dabbling in electronica and hip-hop truly pointed toward a new direction for the group, but it did provide a more interesting listening experience than Meteora, which is nothing more and nothing less than a Hybrid Theory part two. Which isn't to say that Linkin Park didn't put any effort into the record, since it does demonstrate that the group does stand apart from the pack by having the foresight to smash all nu-metal trademarks -- buzzing guitars, lumbering rhythms, angsty screaming, buried scratching, rapped verses -- into one accessible sound which suggests hooks instead of offering them."

I don't agree. I think that Meteora is very differently lyrically and musically with new lyric topics and samples. I think the reason this opinion is made, is simply because Meteora maintains a typical Linkin Park sound.

What do you think?

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

linkin park needs to become more original. their music was terrific when hybrid theory came out and i must say it was good when meteora was released. but if they keep this same style going they wont stay famous long...im already getting sick of it. but thats just my opinion

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Lyrically, it wasn't half of what HT was. But I'll say they did try some new sounds. It seems like we've had this discussion over and over.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Hmmmmmm I don't know where people find Meteora is the same album as HT.... Anybody can say they became more mature but kept their 'origins' or 'bases' call it whatever you want

Faint.09

Faint.09 Well-Known Member

I think Meteora and Hybrid Theory are both totally different albums. Lyrically and sound-wise.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think thye're both completely different, quality-wise.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

I think the review is well put. Meteora provided a bit stronger instruments from the band members, but the quality of the lyrics was bland in comparison to Hybrid Theory...

Simply put, Meteora just didn't have those little tid-bits of almost unbelievable creativity that HT has...

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

I think that Meteora and Hybrid Theory are very different.
    HY is more ROCK
    MET is more sensual. There are more emotions at the lyrics. There is more sense at the lyrics.

That's stupid....

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

i like both albums the same, hybrid theory has better lyrics, but meteora has better music, for me they cancel themselfs out.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Actually, the only thing that got harder sound wise on Meteora is that they have one tiny metal riff, which is Hit The Floor ... and I really don't even count it as a metal riff.

If you meant harder to play...way off. It got much easier, bass and guitar. Drumming got a lot better, but guitars and bass especially easy, to easy. Like...my 5 year old brother could play the bass and my 10 year old cousin could play the guitar easy. Nothing very fancy.

And sound wise, um, Meteora isn't nearly as hard. People who don't know what they are talking about say Don't Stay is hard, and it really isn't. No harder than OSC at least, which I consider one of the harder songs next to APFMH or Paperkut -- possibly -- even though LP doesn't have very many mosh-ready songs, besides APFMH LIT Version, which I'm in love with.

Anyways, no Meteora isn't a HT2, HT blows Meteora away, in every way there is, lyrical, sound, effort, talent...it lacks everything that makes an album great, and I truly don't see how people can even begin to compare it besides the complete shortness of the overall album -- but whatever.

akorch16

akorch16 Active Member

how many people are gonna bring this up???? its been said like 300 times before

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Dude, if you don't like it, then don't post here. All I've seen you do is complain about how people don't like Meteora. Get the hell over it because it isn't going to stop. Of course people are going to have varying opinions, and the fact that they differ from yours does not mean that they are wrong. Respect the damn opinions or get out. I'm sick of your attitude and your constant complaining about others' opinions is tiring.

akorch16

akorch16 Active Member

Dude, if you don't like it, then don't post here. All I've seen you do is complain about how people don't like Meteora. Get the hell over it because it isn't going to stop. Of course people are going to have varying opinions, and the fact that they differ from yours does not mean that they are wrong. Respect the damn opinions or get out. I'm sick of your attitude and your constant complaining about others' opinions is tiring. [/b][/quote]
    never said that (or at least meant it). what i said is that this whole meteora vs hybrid theory thing has been said soooo many times, and the whole comparison is starting to get really old and tired (no matter which side your arguing for). actually, i have only complained about 'other peoples opinions' once: in the meteora vs hybrid theory thread. and it wasnt a complaint. it was a counterargument, thus i never disrespected anyones opinion, i only argued against the opinion (not a disrespect). read over that post awhile back in that meteora vs hybrid theory thread. until then, dont make such big generalizations and assumptions.

Soma

Soma Member

No where near HT, only structure for the songs in meteora are similar to HT e.g don't stay = osc, sib = ite, e2r = crawling, f.09 bridge = by myself bridge. they sound is no where near similar, i mean look at the tracks like breaking the habit, nobody's listening, hit the floor....none of tracks sounds similar to the ones in HT.