Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

This is the hardest post I've ever had to make and I'm writing it through tears, but after initial reports from TMZ earlier today it has been confirmed that tragically Chester Bennington has passed away. Reports suggest Chester died by suicide, with his body being discovered around 9AM PST today on July 20 2017. Associated Press confirmed the reports via a Los Angeles coroner today as they continue to investigate the details. Mike Shinoda followed this up with a confirmation on Twitter.

Our hearts break for Chester's family, friends and Linkin Park. We can't imagine what they must be going through. We love you, Chester. RIP.

polleo, JasmineLPFAN, Abel and 2 others like this.
    Taranis

Taranis New Member

One saved millions, but millions couldn't save the one. R.I.P.

Sonic, dontFindOutMe, Creep and 19 others like this.
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

This man did so much for me, and brought me so much comfort growing up. It's some of the most heartbreaking news I've ever heard.

b3llydrum

b3llydrum New Member

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Beyond shocked and devastated right now.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I am absolutely shaken. I am torn, I am so sad, I simply can't believe this. But I can only pray God to welcome you, and let you find your peace. I love you so much, fly high dear angel.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

This is a tragedy... for Chester's family, for the rest of Linkin Park, for the myriad fans who feel at home listening to the sound Chester's voice and have done so over the years, often helping them get through hard times. And in the end, a great loss for rock music in general, which today saw a tremendous talent leave for good.

It's hard not to get teary-eyed. This didn't have to happen.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Would it be wrong to ask LPAssociation to include contact information for Suicide Prevention and Crisis Hotlines? There are numerous lines in various countries.

If you're struggling, reach out & get support - we're here 24/7 at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

@Derek @Joe et al.

polleo, Jesse, Filip and 3 others like this.
    Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

Man, I still can't believe this.
    I'm crying as I type this.
    Every time I felt sad I would put on my headphones and Chester's voice would make me feel better. He and the band are a huge part of my life and now I feel like something is missing.
    One of my biggest dreams was meeting him and the band, but now that won't be possible.

My thoughts are with his wife, his children and the band.

You will never be forgotten, Chester

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

This man helped write the song One More Light...he understood the devastating impact of a loved one taking their own life. For as hard and personal as I'm taking this, I can't even imagine what this feels like for other fans, the band, and most significantly, his family.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hoping that Chester's family and friends and bandmates can somehow find some solace through all of this.

Thank you Chester. You have affected so many of us more than you can know or imagine or understand.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

I was trying to think about something to say about Chester but this is probably the best fitting and brief thing. Chester, with LP, has been my reason to start dreaming about being a musician, and their music is the soundtrack of my whole life. I feel like I have lost a friend.

I'm sorry.
    Goodbye Chester, I hope you can find peace wherever you are now.

drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

Who cares if one more light goes out?

Well we do :(

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

I can't believe this is true. Our hero has passed away in such a young age after an amazing album. Their music became one of the most important things in my life years ago. I can't even put it to words how sad I feel. I'm crying. RIP Chester we will never forget you :'(

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I can't believe this. I'm shocked.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Thank you for everything Chester. I am devastated but i'll always cherish your work. Your legacy will live on forever. You are a true artist in every sense of the word. We'll never have anyone like you again. You will truly be missed with every ounce of my soul.

Attached Files:

@LP2K12 likes this.
    A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

I'm struggling for words. This doesn't make any goddamn sense. Why.. just, why?! I am so angry right now. I've never cried in anger before. I can't believe it... I'm devastated that it had to end this way. So, so many years of brilliant music that will forever be in my life.

Goodbye Chester. I wish it could've been different.

HybridShadow likes this.
    Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

I just have no words, just a shock, I can't even process this information, it's like all my emotions are frozen ... It's that surreal feeling, like it's true and at the same time, not true.

LP's song are my teenage years, and now I'm turning 30 in two days, and I read that my favourite band's singer, is no more on our side of the light. It's just surreal.
    LP's albums have followed me through all the steps of my life since Hybrid Theory. It's a shock. I'm glad I've had the chance to see him live twice, and I hope, for all the remaining members, that this will not kill LP. LP has to stand, keep standing, they have tons of materials, to keep Chester alive, somehow ... I hope Chester will rest in peace where he is now. It's a tragedy.

Thank you Chester, for all the things you gave us. I am sad we couldn't save you.

zendesur

zendesur Member

I am angry. And I should be. It´s not fair.
    Will never forget your words. You seemed so happy but no one could have imagined what you went through.
    Rest in peace

JonasTheRoman likes this.
    Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Chester and LP have been with me for as long as I can remember, helping me through the dark times.

Stay strong, everyone.

@LP2K12 likes this.