Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I'm fucked right now, I know every fucking word from their discography, Chester is way more than just a singer I love.

Their music was/is everything for me, I don't know what to think or feel right now...

AndreyKamensky and HybridShadow like this.
  2. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Hi guys, I wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing. I've been sobbing all morning. This is crushing.

3. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

same here :(

4. Blqckout

Blqckout New Member

I can't believe it. Been lurking on these forums for awhile, but finally made an account to pay respects. RIP Chester.

Who cares if one more light goes out? We do, especially when that light is the brightest, most beautiful, and most inspiring light to shine against the others. We'll miss you Chester.

HybridShadow and CannaKippers like this.
  5. vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

I could bearly hold the tears in the underground on my way home, but now im just sitting here crying and listening to LP, i just can't process anything at the moment

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  6. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

This dude played such a huge role in my life, I can't even explain it. I've lost someone who I feel like was always there me and always expressed my emotions so clearly. It feels like a lost friend.

polleo and Alexrednex like this.
  7. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Oh my god....I can't believe this has happened! ..........I was lucky to see Chester 4 times in concert and 1 Meet and Greet...RIP Chester...

8. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

It makes all of these songs about pain, fear, and agony so much darker. This shit was real, in such a horrendous way. Even songs like Crawling, which nowadays could be scoffed at for having some of the most cringe-worthy lyrics, hit me so hard and make me sick. All these cries for help in all of these songs. Crawling, Somewhere I Belong, Numb...they may have been radio hits...but I don't think anyone can doubt the sincerity they carried with them.

I just feel like the world is darker today. It feels heavier.

9. MarkLP12

MarkLP12 Member

Wow, this hurts. RIP.

I had changed up my commute this past week and was listening to sports talk radio instead of my typical Linkin Park playlist. I had set a reminder on my phone that just went off which was reminding me to check if the Talking to Myself music video had been released yet. I first blasted Talking to Myself on my headphones, then came to this site and saw the news. Having to read that headline while the song was blasting...I'll never forget that feeling.

10. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

It's such a weird feeling of.. helplessness. I wish I could have helped him in any way possible. And it makes me think about how many more people out there are suffering from mental illness.

If anyone needs someone to talk to, ever, my door is always open.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  11. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

So destroyed right now and filled with mixed emotions...I keep crying every hour, and I just I don't know what to say or do...I'm shocked and my heart is broken.

12. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

so sad

13. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I knew if I turned on "Robot Boy" I would cry. What saddens and angers me the most is I feel like LP wasn't even close to being done yet. I feel like they could have released 5 more albums at least. I had hopes of another ATS or HT. Now, OML seems like his goodbye to us. The LP community has so much going on and we are going to have to continue all of this without Chester. I've been through 2 tragedies the past year including this (other one was my father passing away). Life is...strange. Live it up, folks.

AndreyKamensky, Cely_lp and Iopia like this.
  14. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

What would be the future of the band may be? A farewell album by Mike alone? a dark sequel to OML?

15. Acelp_

Acelp_ New Member

Had an account years ago but forgot all my log in info. have been a fan of the band since 2000 when I first heard crawling, and haven't looked back since, Chester was more then just singer in a band, him and the rest of the guys have helped me through a lot.I've been blessed to have seen them live 4 times... I'm devastated and and having such a hard time processing all of this. I love you Chester..

16. CannaKippers

CannaKippers Member

So many people say that the lyrics in HT and M are just angsty and, 'oh they were just young and angry'. But I think today puts them into a new context, or rather, their correct context. Both of those albums feel heavier now. It's not just young angst anymore. They're something different now.

17. Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

Wow, such a beautiful talent he was, I will forever cherish my memories of seeing LP live. I'm shocked and heartbroken. Their music helped me cope with a lot of dark and terrible days including days where I attempted to take my own life. Anyone who has felt that pain that Chester must have been feeling when he decided it was over knows that it is hard for so many people to understand why this would happen. Many of us know the pain of this world all too and well and that's why this music was SO REAL regardless of what anyone says about them "selling out" and not caring about making "real music" anymore. The heart and the soul in the music was ALWAYS there. Looking at what people were saying up until the release of OML was sad to say the least. People were more concerned with how the album would "sound" and if it would be heavy or sound like this or that and blah, blah, blah. What I'm trying to say is most of you have lost sight of what the music is REALLY about. It is not what it sounds like that matters, it is what the music makes you FEEL and the places that the melodies and rhythms do for you on a deeper and spiritual level. I mean that's just my opinion as a die hard fan of them that's been around and listening to every album since hearing Hybrid Theory back when I was 10 and being hooked ever since, checking this website since the release of Meteora. I couldn't believe this news when I heard it today and it still honestly feels like a bad dream. I know a lot of us feel this pain right now but we just have to remember that his pain and suffering in this sick world that we live in is finally over. Tonight him and Chris Cornell are jamming out in Heaven ♥️

18. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I logged into the forums to type what you have typed here...you beat me to it. The lyrics hold a much more disturbing context and meaning behind someone who was extremely troubled. We all knew Chester's unique sound was other worldly, I think now we have a better grasp of where he was drawing that sound from......I'm sorry to the fans, family, and band of Linkin Park.

CannaKippers likes this.
  19. Liontor

Liontor Member

I always imagined that the band will be with me forever. When I will turn old, I will see them how are they doing, still playing music etc. I never thought this could happen. Still don't believe it. I live in Hungary and I waited since the year of 2000 to play a show here in my country. Not even a month ago, I saw them live in the first line at VOLT Festival. One of the greatest experiences of my life! Beyond being a very talented man, a good friend and a gentleman, I'm sorry like everybody else. I had no idea that the man was in pain, that the man was suffering.

David Kiesch and AndreyKamensky like this.
  20. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

That feeling when LP released a new song and getting to hear Chester sing something brand new, gonna miss it so much. This is just horrible :,(