Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

This is unbeliveable. I can't really process this right now, yet I can't cry.

And I was thinking there would be many more years ahead with the band... I wanted to visit a concert and meet Chester, tell him what a great person he is and what his music does to me. But I will never be able to do that now.

I hope he told the truth, when he said he thanks God for his blessing in some booklets. So that he can reside in heavens now. Rest in peace, Chester!

2. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I will miss him. He was an important part of my childhood and I was a massive LP fan as a kid.

Because of that, I felt like I was watching a friend grow over the years as the band did. It felt like a very personal relationship.

He's gone now and the most we can do is honor his life by listening to and experiencing his music. He would want that.

RIP Chester

I'm so sorry to his family, bandmates, and every close friend he had.

Captain-EO likes this.
  3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Every once in a while the shock hits me all over again. It's just all so unreal.

Iopia likes this.
  4. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

F*** all those people saying it would all end after OML. I can't believe how that feeling you gave me back then now became the truth.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  5. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I always felt like Linkin Park were my friends, but after One More Light it felt like they became family.

Now after this the album feels absolutely haunting. While the rest of the band was overcoming their demons, Chester was still pleading for help. Nobody Can Save Me, Talking To Myself, Heavy, Halfway Right, One More Light... fuck

I just read a message how his strange outfits these last few months (wearing a hat & sunglasses indoors) signified him trying to hide from the world. It's just so heartbreaking.

6. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Watching this you'd never know that there's something wrong. I still don't want to believe it happened.

AndreyKamensky and Blake like this.
  7. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'm still in shocked about what happened. I'm remembering the good ol' days and suddenly I was thinking, Was it Chester who named the band LINKIN PARK? Or was it Hybrid Theory?

8. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I've had Linkin Park playing since I got home from work. Cried a few times. Really hit when Heavy started playing. Now I can't stop crying.

Blake likes this.
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Numb was my first Linkin Park song too :(
    I remember randomly heariong it in 6th grade and becoming a massive fan. Then MTM came out a year later and I was hooked since the day of release. My life changed forever when MTM came out and for that I will forever be grateful.

10. warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

I'm worried about Derek. He hasn't posted today.

Krizlinkin and Filthy like this.
  11. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I smoked a blunt and totally forgot about this then after my high went away I remembered it again and I thought it wasn't real, I couldn't believe it.

Anyone think that something happened with his wife that would instantly trigger something like this? So weird.

12. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

This is the hardest I've been hit by the death of a non-relative in my life. I've been miserably singing along to different videos since I got home.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  14. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

While I haven't followed very closely since OML was released, I also can't believe it. I'll be honest, a small part of me is upset he took his own life but still generally sad about this. I didnt expect him to go like the way Chris Cornell did.

'Waiting For The End' and 'Nobody Can Save Me' are the songs which perfectly sum up this situation and my sentiments now.

15. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

The Joesen One, Filthy, Rahat and 3 others like this.
  16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm still finding this hard to process. Talking about it is supposed to make it easier but I just keep thinking it can't be true with every word said.

17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I cried a few minutes back and I couldn't sleep properly the whole night. Chester's death really scarred me. I've been on this site for over a decade and have been a fan of LP for longer than that. So it goes without saying that they have shaped my childhood in more ways than I could think. Seeing him take his life this way is the most tragic thing of all. It is so unexpected, so shocking.... I still can't process it.

I hope he is in a better place right now and free from the struggle he sang about.

18. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

I feel like we as the core fan base along with lplive, lpfancorner, and other big fan sites should come together and make some sort of special tribute of Chester to the rest of the guys in the band. I think it will help a lot and remind Mike, Joe, Rob, Brad and Dave that we're still here and we're here for them and we'll always be here and love them and nor them or we will go through this alone. We'll get through it. #LPForever

19. AussieLP

AussieLP Member

Depression is a fucking bitch.

You've been my favourite singer since I was just a kid, I don't think there is a day that goes by where I don't listen to your voice in some capacity. I can't believe this is real. I can't believe i'll never be able to listen to your music the same way again. I'll never be able watch you empty your lungs out on-stage again. I'll never be excited to countdown to a new album again.

Meteora was one of the first albums I ever bought. I remember being a little fat emo kid rocking out to it everyday. Listening to From The Inside, angry with the world. And just yesterday, being a 'responsible' adult, jamming out to your recent softer, more hopeful stuff. Each album came at a different transition in my life, you were there with me as I grew from an angry kid into an adult with a career. I wish you could be there with me as I take my next step.

Your music was there to pick me up during the hard times in my life. Whether you were singing or screaming, I was always able to connect with everything you were saying, you had the most incredible way of taking a sad or painful experience I was having, and making me find a flicker of hope out of it.

I wish I could have helped you the way you did for me and millions of other people.

From the bottom of my broken heart, thank you so much for what you gave me Chester.

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Chester is the reason a lot of people are fans of Linkin Park. Without Chester, I would not be a Linkin Park fan. They should not continue as Linkin Park in my opinion. There's some bands where you just can't go continue on without a singer, and I feel Linkin Park is one of them.

Lotus and Modern Guitar God like this.