Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Ohhhh those lyrics from "What we Don't Know" really hit me then. Oh that didn't feel good. I think it's starting to hit me :(

EDIT: I feel like screaming shit over and over and over again.

Oh GOD how could this happen?

RIP Chester we'll all miss you terribly.

2. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

"And I'd give it all away
    Just to have somewhere
    To go to"

I can't listen a song from Linkin Park without break down in tears. I do not manage to do that. Chester, WHAT YOU'VE DONE?

3. shoegaze4u

shoegaze4u Active Member

That is a weird situation! I never imagined, that Chester is NOT doing well! Today we had to learn painfully, that two hearts had beaten in his chest.
    Maybe his family, band mates and closest friends, where aware about his condition.
    But I'am afraid, that is not the case. What makes it even more sad!
    It must be very hard for his family and friends! My truly condolence to them! Be sure that a lot of prayers are with Chester and with all of you!
    I will keep Chester in my mind as a very happy family guy, grounded, kind, super talented!
    Rest in peace Chester and thank you for all the happiness that you were able to spent your fans!
    Let us take care of each other!

4. Yatesy

Yatesy Member

RIP Chester, I never thought I would have to make a post on here with those words

5. Brawler

I was there one month ago in Monza, i saw you singing like an angel with the crowd Crawling and One More Light. I would never imagine that it was a goodbye. You were smiling at us, you wanted to give us this imagine of you, you wanted to be remembered in that way.

Guys, this is the end of an era. This is the end of Linkin Park, as it was for Nirvana after Cobain's death.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know I don't really post here too much anymore but I wanted to come back just to put forwards how sorry I am to hear about what happened. I spent a lot of time in these forums in the past and it's because of the band. They got me in touch with some great people and provided incredible music that shaped me. My thoughts are with the band, their friends and family but also all of their fans and the people on here. It may sound strange but the first place my mind went was to Derek and the family he's created on this site as I know how many people Chester helped through his music that came (and still come) here. Chester is a legend in the industry and will be missed by a lot of people, and this is already visible from all of the comments I've seen from his peers and his fans. Rest in peace.

I don't know if other people I used to chat with on here will see this or not but if anyone wants to chat about anything, we're all in this together so make sure you drop me a line. My thoughts are with every last one of you.

master360 likes this.
  7. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Through the shock and sadness I am awaiting more news.

I understand it's past midnight in California, but maybe Mike / Warner Bros. can tell us more come the morning?

8. Brawler

Of course, it will be a official statement. I think this is the end for Linkin Park, i do not believe Mike and the other members of LP will have the strenght to keep on

9. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

I can imagine a tribute tour, or a tribute song by the others but I would tend to agree overall.

10. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

I'm sure we will find out in due course what will happen. I hope they take their time in making a decision. Whatever the case I will support any decision they make

11. Brawler

I think there will be a song by Mike Shinoda, Brad, Dave and Rob with other artists.

12. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

I hope they won't disband, but I would understand if they choose to do so. It must be hard, Chester has been with them for years and years.

13. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

People started blowing up my phone at 1PM my time, hard to believe it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. I feel like I'm just waiting for more closure from the band before this all settles in, but I know how selfish that is. This entire situation just hurts so much. And then I think about the band and how hard this must be hitting them. Fuck.

I never wanted to say goodbye. So I'll be sorry for now. Sometimes things refuse to go the way we plan. There will be a day that you will understand.

14. Brawler

Did he leave a message or letter or things like that? (as Cobain did)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  15. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

As per TMZ, there was no message left behind.

16. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Sad and heartbroken. Words can't describe how I feel. This band helped/helps me get through the dark times of my life especially their old stuff. All the pain, anger, hate, jealousy, rage, sorrow that i have Inside of me and all the failures of my life where all taking away by Linkin Park because of their music, they where the only ones who could understand me, their songs spoke to me in a way that nobody else can. When ever I'm having a really bad day I bump linkin park and Im free and find solace for that moment. And even though I didn't like all of their stuff and gave them shit sometimes whenever they put out stuff I didn't like but I'm a still a huge fan. And I am grateful that I got to see them twice in concert. When ever Chester sang and screamed I felt like he was talking to me and understood. I want to say thank you for being a part of my life since the age of 10. I want to say thank you to Linkin Park and Chester Bennington, I hope you're in a better place, thank you for your music and changing my life, I love you as a fan and I will miss not hearing you make anymore new music. R.I.P Chester Bennington

17. Brawler

The official musical video of Heavy actually represented perfectly how Chester was living. He was struggling with his darkest part. But, eventually, this won the last battle. So sad, so heartbroken.

18. David Kiesch

David Kiesch New Member

I guess it was time for me to finally join the forum after lurking here since MTM. Never in my worst nightmares would've though THIS will be the reason...

I really can't say anything. I'm shaken. I'm shocked. Heartbroken.
    Since I first heard Papercut and BTH in 2003 at a friend of mine, I was in love. This band was not a band for me, it was an essential part of my life, and it still is and it always will be. Never ever had I loved any other musician, band, or artist like LP. Not even closely. They were my role models. Especially Mike, with his amazing talent. But undoubtly Chester was the SOUL among theese six amazing people. And now he is gone. I guess you really don't know what you have until it's gone. Now I'm in tears. And I haven't been for ages.

I've met them just less then 3 weeks ago. It was my first time seeing them, I've been waiting for that moment since that time I heard those two songs 14 years ago. More than half of my lifetime. While on the show Chester came down to the crowd to sing for us twice, both times he came to the exact spot where I was standing, we shook hands. I thanked him, and he looked back at me and smiled. When I saw him singing Crawling and One More Light that close it was unearthly. It was like a dream, but also I could feel that there's something weird about him. About his aura. Something that is not right. Throughout this year I had some grinding feelings about the band that there's something bad is about to happen. Now our Chester has left us, and no matter how hard I want, I still can't process it. It's like a horrible horrible nightmare. This band was my first that I've ever listened to, I followed every single step they made. They were the ones who formed my taste in music. They were the ones who extended my horizons in music. Everyone who knows me, knows that they are/were/and always will be an integral part of my life! And even though I would like to see them being strong enough to continue on. They probably won't. There's no replacement for Chester, nor for anyone of them. If one of them is gone, LP is gone. And I never thought this would happen this soon. I'm so sad...

Rest in peace Chester. Keep strong Mike, Brad, Rob, Joe, Dave, Talinda and your children. Keep strong soldiers!

19. Benny

Benny New Member

I'm devastated, it's unbelievable... You were and you always will be my hero, Chester, thank You for everything... See You on the other side...

20. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

LP & NIN were my two biggest influences in my life - they shaped my musical world at a young age (even though I've defected to the world of hip-hop in recent years, I like to think Shinoda had a large role in developing my love for that style of music). If I never discovered Linkin Park, I never would have found Nine Inch Nails honestly, and they continue to be my favorite band. If NIN is my all-time favorite, then LP is that one band that I can always go back and listen to their older stuff and reminisce. Now, obviously, those songs and albums will have a double effect on me - not only will I remember, vividly, where I was and the things going on in my life when I was at a certain age, but now I'll think about the mindset Chester was in at the time of the writing and if anyone knew how he really felt inside. It's bittersweet, but I like to think that, even though Chester couldn't be saved, he probably saved a few kids who listened to his lyrics and thought "wow, I'm not the only one that feels like this - I'm not alone". And if that's the case, and it seems to be, browsing the Reddit topics on this and obviously everyone's posts on here, then Chester deserves to be remembered for that, not for the way he chose to go out.

Chester and Trent's journey to sobriety were also big inspirations for me to clean my life up and get back on the track I was on a decade ago. If nothing else, I'll always have that, and I'll never forget it.

I'm just absolutely... so fucking gutted.