Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ashish

ashish Active Member

We will never know what was the reason. From the recent concerts and interviews, no one can sense that something is wrong with him.

2. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I think he intended to commit suicide in Chris Cornell's birthday since Chris died. And this is shocking, because he did European Tour with this in his mind. It's crazy, it's madness.

blackout. and IronDust71 like this.
  3. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Reports suggest that he committed suicide in the same fashion as well....:cry:

4. Brawler

Chris Cornell died in the same days Ian Curtis died, in the same way. Chester did as well, but in Chris Cornell's birthday...

5. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I think he was kinda of fine but the Cornell's death must have triggered something in him. Losing a great friend like that...If I recall in one of the interviews of this album cycle he mentioned that a friend tried to commit suicide while OML was being recorded.

6. !Lux

!Lux New Member

Hi guys and girl.

Just had to register. Been followin the site for i dont know how long.

Ive been with Linkin Park from the very first beginning. I can still remember when my friend brought me over to listen to One Step Closer back in 2000. My mind was blown! I can even remember when i signed up for the first year of Linkin Park Underground, LPU 1. Ever since then they have been this huge part of my life and their music have supported me though so damn much. Im turning 33 later this year and they are still one of my favorite bands.

I had the privilige to see them live in Sweden this year for the second time in 10 years, at the BrĂ¥valla Festival. I can describe the feeling i got during the show, its was absolutely magical and something i will cherish forever. Especially now...

When the news hit yesterday i just couldnt believe it. I refused to. I cried, but I was sure it was just another stupid hoax.... until Mike confirmed it on twitter.. and then it really hit me and i cried for hours.
    Even today when i woke up, i started cryng again and i keep crying even now when im writing this. Who knew someone you never really met in person could have such a huge impact on your life, even now 17 years later.

I dont know what to say or write, but i just had to say something... cause my heart is broken.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Flozuki and Krizlinkin like this.
  7. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Heartbroken, of course - but if he felt this was the right choice I accept that. Hope he found what he was searching for. The inner peace.
    All the thoughts to his family, and the rest of the band members.

IronDust71 likes this.
  8. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Just wondering why to do this.
    Just wondering that someone or ''them'' killed him.

INFLUENCE.
    LOVE.
    PART OF OUR LIVES.
    REASON FOR LISTENING TO MUSIC.
    REASON OF MEANING AND MAKING SO MUCH EMOTIONS.
    BROTHER THAT A LOT OF US HAVEN'T REALLY MET IN A LIFETIME.

When LINKIN PARK goes out in the Stage it FEELS that i see PEOPLE i know as their part of my FAMILY. THAT'S HOW I Feel.

I m feeling sad for Chester , i mean why to do this. How the fuck did this right now...? What happened.. I cant imagine being in his shoes...

now what's really matters is THE HUMAN BEING.

Tomorrow.....
    is the END of Linkin Park.... oh GOD......

I had some suicide thoughts in the past as a teenager and especially when my Dad pass as i was 18.... as of today only one person knew this.

I CAN T BELIEVE IM WRITING THIS WTF ..............

9. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

I m not okey really . it feels like a world is being destroyed . my friends cant understand me , they see just another famous person being dead .
    I have no other place to put this pain... i feel that what ever i LOVE so much is fucking DEAD...

10. Brawler

I'm listening The Messenger and Leave Out All The Rest from yesterday night

11. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Why is she required to say anything? People grieve in their own way.

12. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Same thing happened here, Someone said, "Nah, it's drugs mate..." Jesus Christ, they know better than Chaz? I'm pissed off how they reacted to this news.

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To all of my fellow LP fans hurting today, as someone who has gone through more death these last two years than he'd like (over 10 people in 2 1/2 years), I have the following advice on how to handle this:

Treat this like the death of a loved one and take it one moment at a time. Don't give into panic and think about what you'll do tomorrow or how you'll be a week from now or a year from now. No, take it moment to moment and allow yourself moments of grieving as they come. Grieve the way you want to, and grieve safely (do not self harm or medicate with drugs/booze) and don't let anyone tell you how you quickly you should move on from this, or how should feel because he was "just a rock star", because to many of you he was more than that.

To some of you Chester will have felt like family, so you may cry as much as you need because I understand how you're feeling. Give yourself time to heal, but just remember to keep moving forward and to talk to people if you're in a very bad spot. Don't hurt yourself, and get help if all seems hopeless. It can and does get better, and it's never too late to tell someone how you feel and get help to pull yourself out of the darkness. Stay strong, push forward but also remember that you're not alone and never will be.

kcg, Abel, Pay-per-cut and 23 others like this.
  14. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Stay strong bro, there are so many people around the world that are devastated as you and me are. This is the right place to talk or just read. This band means so much to me, they helped me time and time again... believing in myself, stand up for others or just motivating me to get out of my comfort zone. They guided me for many, many years.

The first time I heard about the band was when a classmate had Hybrid Theory in his car. A few years later when Meteora was released I drove to the city while having a school break to get the album and I was just amazed again. Even now when finishing my bachelor and recently master thesis they helped me. I always had hard days, was tired and kind of frustrated and ...they pushed me again and again. Their music, their attitude. They will always have a place in my heart.

The last time I saw Mike and Chester was on April the 3rd. As always they were so kind and when Chester walked by me he was so friendly even though they had to hurry. He took even time to make photos with a little girl and it was just amazing to see him still being so down to earth.

Again condolences to family, friends and everyone in our and other communities. We will stay together, we will cherish everything the band gave us and we will also be there to give the band, the family and friends strength. Chester, RIP. I will miss you so much but I will never ever forget how many times you helped me in these past years.

15. allfinerealfit

allfinerealfit but still we rise

Linkin Park has been my favorite band since I was about 13. But I've been listening to them since I was about five, riding in my older brother's car when he babysat me. It's heartbreaking to imagine a world without Chester and without Linkin Park. I had tickets to their August 19 tour date in Tampa. It was my teenage dream to see them in concert and now I never will, at least not with their full line up.

If the North American tour dates are refunded (as I imagine they will be), consider donating your ticket money to a suicide prevention charity or another charity close to Chester's and his family's hearts. He deserved so much better than the world gave him. I wish that we as fans could have given him that.

RIP Chester Bennington, the voice of a generation.

Blake, Cely_lp, DeepestBlue and 2 others like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I don't think my first post was a deserving tribute to someone who changed my life. Chester really was the soul of LP. The posterboy of the band. His voice was the icon for a lot of the pains and struggles we all face.

Hearing What I've Done, Numb, In The End and New Divide for the first time was life-changing. I had found a band that I kept an eye on. From the infectious melodies, the soaring vocals, the rapping and electronic beats, I was intrigued.

My mom and dad bought me Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight in 2010. Instead of listening to the full albums, i just listened to the 4 I liked. Over time, from 7th-8th grade, I'd slowly add new songs and I knew this was a band I was proud to call myself a fan of.

I begged my mom in 8th grade to buy ATS and I was blown away. LP really was the outlet I needed in middle school. In high school, I fell out of the loop for a bit but when Living Things dropped, I copped it. Hearing Lost In The Echo for the first time was one of the greatest experiences I ever had with music.

Even after, discovering Fort Minor kept my interest between LT and THP. In the summer of 2014, I followed the release of THP like a hawk. And I loved it.

The anticipation after for their 7th album was excruciating and hearing in 2016 that it wouldn't be released was disappointing. But the hype kicked up when Heavy finally dropped. OML is the best material they have released since ATS in my eyes. A fantastic album that sheds alot of detail on Chester's life.

It's been one hell of a ride. I went through many phases with plenty of artists since middle school to college but Linkin Park was the only artist I could never outgrow. They grew as I grew and I am thankful for everything they've done to make the world a little bit better.

From the classics of In The End to Numb, to the beautiful creativity of ATS, the dark and personal songs of MTM and the bangers of LT and THP, I am truly thankful to have anticipated the next adventure of my childhood and adulthood heroes.

Whatever the future brings, I am still here.

Thank you, Chester. For everything you did.

Abel and Breno9712 like this.
  17. Aleksandar-Serbia

Aleksandar-Serbia New Member

Hi everyone.

Following the site for 14 years now, never registered, but this will be my only and final post...

My name is Aleksandar, I am from Serbia, and I am LP fan since the year 2000. First time I heard Chester's voice I fell in love with the music, and most important, I fell in love with his voice. It was like, I new the guy who is singing and I thought out loud "whoa who the hell is this guy singing?", brother sitting next to me replied "It's Linkin Park, they have some weird combination of sound, hip/hop-hard rock vibe"... And I was hooked... Tomorrow morning it was cold as hell here in Serbia, it was late December, went to the music store bought Hybrid Theory. Listened to it non-stop for an year, started spreading the word about LP to my schoolmates, started wearing the type of clothes Chester and Mike wore, making my hair into spikes just like Chester had... I wanted to be that guy, he became my idol... I started listening to his Gray Daze songs, their Xero songs... Years passed, albums passed, I opened Serbian web page dedicated to Linkin Park, called Linkin Park Serbia, opened forum dedicated to them, started gathering LP fans from Serbia in one place, later-on fans from ex Yugoslavia, it was awesome... Reanimation, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, Living Things, The Hunting Party, and now One More Light... I was with LP throughout the years... And I had a good childhood, I was popular in school, had/have great friend, girlfriends, parents, everything. So I want to say that LP music is for everyone, I just admired the talent that made the type of music that is able to touch the core of my sole, the bottom of my heart... They were amazing... Album after album,...

Along time I finished high school,... University,... Got a job, and I gave the site to the younger fans... I always followed the news around LP, this site the most so I could keep up with LP... I stopped listening to LP, maybe played a song or two on every six months since A Thousand Suns, maybe a grew older, maybe I really didn't have that much time, but I always new every lyrics, every date, every song name... They were my childhood after all... And then in January of 2016 we found out that my 1 year old nephew (brothers son), my love, has tumor... We all fell in some type of depression, some of my family members keep their heads up, but some of us fell deep... He battled for a year and he defeated that evil, and he is great now, but during the battle I started listening the songs more often again, till the point where I only had their songs on my phone... That is where I found that true essence of Linkin Park, that deepest meaning of the songs where we all find ourselves. And that is when I started crying while the songs played, and that was my safe place, Linkin Park was the thing that saved me from dark thoughts and kept me going...

Yesterday around 11pm here in Serbia, my father called me, I answered and he asked me "son are you ok?", I asked him "why dad?", he told me "Chester, lead singer from that band you love has killed himself, I am sorry son..." I started crying like someone most dearest to my heart has died... And he was... The minute after I thought about his children... Depression is hell... I hope you will find happiness in heaven where you deserve to be because you saved so many lives, but you couldn't save your own.

Farewell my childhood hero and idol, you will forever be in my heart and mind, I am forever grateful for what you and the rest of the band have done for me... You were the big part of my life... Goodbye forever and rest in peace Chester Charles Bennington.

Aleksandar. Belgrade, Serbia

Blake, Breno9712, Gonzalenz and 2 others like this.
  18. Bart

Bart Member

I dont know man...
    I'm in a real bad spot but this is just a little to much to take at the moment, i have no clue of how to cope with this...
    Everything i went trough,i had his music by my side, now that this happend everything from the past is hitting me hard at the moment
    Even my girlfriend and my family don't know the way i feel.
    I just don't know how to deal with all of this..

19. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I'll leave here what I wrote on Facebook as well:

"Still can't believe my favorite singer passed away. A very sad day for me, but this voice and songs will always be remembered. The song below is one of the new songs, but one of the most meaningful they have ever made with the meaning of it being perfectly channeled to the chorus:

If they say
    Who cares if one more light goes out?
    In a sky of a million stars
    It flickers, flickers
    Who cares when someone's time runs out?
    If a moment is all we are
    We're quicker, quicker
    Who cares if one more light goes out?
    Well I do

This song will always be in my memory as their most heartfelt song and a message that will inspire many in years to come.

Rest in Peace, Chester[​IMG]"

It was all I could write at that moment because the idea that Chester had passed away was still sinking in (it still is and I don't know if I will ever accept it completely). I feel that I was so shocked that I lacked words to describe how I felt. I still imagine him singing live here in Prague and me being there enjoying my time and singing along to every song. That is a memory I will cherish forever.

20. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'm finding the most comforting thing in this is to realize there are some people out there (online, or real friends, girlfriend, and family) who spontaneously understood how much this death might mean, and how big of an influence this band music and Chester's voice had on my life. It really helps.