Linkin Park's One More Light North American Tour Cancelled

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jul 21, 2017.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In a decision that should come as no shock to anyone, various media outlets are reporting that Linkin Park have cancelled their One More Light North American Tour, which was set to begin next week in Boston, Massachusetts. Live Nation has confirmed that tickets will be refunded at the point of purchase. No word yet on when that process will kick off.

Linkin Park are expected to release a statement soon, when ready.

IronDust71 and Louis like this.
    IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

The shortest album cycle we had. :(
    Now that the NA tour is canceled, I think we should give the band some space. Trying to pressure them for a statement when they are trying to grieve is not a good idea. It's just wait and see.

Evan, Captain-EO, Abel and 1 other person like this.
    lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

This isnt some kind of news......
    Linkin Park is over... :( :( :( :(

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Don't care about the tour, I just want Chester back :(

Evan, Captain-EO, Abel and 12 others like this.
    Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

God Bless Linkin Park. We had a great run guys, don't ever take a second for granted. I love all of you and my thoughts are prayers are going out to everyone.

Captain-EO, Abel, Deliveranze and 5 others like this.
    lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

GET CHESTER BACK .... AND I SWEAR DESTROY THE BAND , i DONT CARE.... BRING HIM BACK.....

Murali

Murali LP Soldier

This would have been my first time watching them live after waiting for 10 long years. Had made all the plans to go to Florida and this happened. :(
    Don't know how to react, unable to do my job from the time I heard the news and not sure how long it will take to come out of this.

Evan and lpfaneki like this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I would love for them to take all the time they need and come back for a farewell/tribute tour. Have artists who've worked with Chester come as featured guests. Let the crowd sing Chester's parts. It would be something incredible.

But I also fully understand if the band doesn't want that. I can't imagine the guilt they must feel right now.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Let's be real here...Linkin Park isn't Linkin Park without Chester Bennington. What's left of Linkin Park needs time to grieve. After that time, my personal suggestion would be to retire the name Linkin Park and if they want to continue making music, Mike should include Rob, Brad, Joe, and Phoenix in Fort Minor going forward. As much as it pains this long time fan to say LP 1996-2017

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

That ending! You, you made me cry and gave me chills. Never thought id see the day arrive so early. We did have a good run. :( Chester :(

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

I hope over the years the band releases demo's with Chesters vocals which they recorded during the past 17 years. I am sure they have enough material for 3 to 4 more albums, it would be great tribute to Chester. He will always remain in our hearts. I still can't believe this.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I would at least like a compilation CD or something. Maybe even just one more song. I don't want to think that we've already heard everything we'll ever hear from him.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Chester did record a song with Mark Morton which has not been released yet. (or will never be)

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a Fiore video tribute to Chester in the LP channel. I would love to see some of Chester's best moments of LPTV and footage never seen before of him.

For me there's no LP without Chester. Here was the missing piece to the sound and identity of the band. Mike was the brain, the others were the members but Chester was the heart and soul of the band. As someone said, retire the band, choose a new name and do something new.

Lotus likes this.
    Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

Not surprising, but still saddened to see that refund in my email today. Nobody wanted it to happen but it's what's best for the guys right now.

Would have been my first concert as a fan of 15 years.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I hate that this happened. Fucking hell :(

drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

Sad news, but it was expected.
    I love the band and everything it represented and created!
    I hope they don't give up on the band! There are still a lot of fans to support the boys and honor the name of Chester until the end!

blackout. likes this.
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

It's hurtful. I had a ball in the back of my throat all day yesterday. For the first time ever, I cried over the death of anyone famous. He wasn't just anyone to me.. his voice was there when I walked to school in 2002. His voice was there when I got beat up in school. His voice was there when I came out to my brother on my 18th birthday. His voice was there during all my breakups, my vacations, my gym sessions, my gaming sessions... my health issues and I was in bed for months at a time with my fibromyalgia.

To know all of that is gone. To know the man who brought me so much music to get through the last 17 years, to think I just thought the other week... "I'd lose it if Linkin Park ever split up or died". My boyfriend was there for me yesterday. I just kept tearing up all day, and I couldn't stop myself. He didn't even question it, he understood what LP means to me.. and how excited I was for OML.

Chester, I sincerely hope you got what you were looking for. I hope you're in peace now. I have no idea and can't imagine with the shit you've been through, or how you must've felt and what led you to this.

I love you man. Say hi to my grandmother for me if a heaven exists. Just know.. a lot of people really care about you. And I fucking loved OML. Fuck all of those haters who made you feel like shit.

Evan and Hans Muster like this.
    Rudy

Rudy New Member

You guys, this is my first time ever posting here. I discovered this amazing fan site in 2006 right in time for the MTM cycle (which was an amazing time) and have been following the LPA ever since. I know I wasn't officially a member here but I still felt very much a part of all the album cycles. It's a shame I never posted before up until now, but like all of you I am deeply saddened that such a tragedy occurred to our band. One of our amazing boys is now gone, and It shook me up. I just wanted to finally say hello and officially join the amazing community. NO, amazing Family that is the LPA. Let's stay united street soldiers, we will get through this. Chester, I love you man. I miss you.

mmmmtastycookies and Dannyc like this.
    Acelp_

Acelp_ New Member

Why did you leave us.... I can't find a proper way to vent my feelings, I'm fucked up atm. I pray for his children and wife and all the guys in the band and al the fans... I just don't get any of this