Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. esangelus

esangelus Member

I think I speak for a lot of LPA when I say that no matter what you may think, the LPA would miss you even if you think no one would. You're a beautiful person with a compelling story. You are family here. Thanks for sharing your story. "No matter how far we come, I can't wait to see tomorrow."

Iopia likes this.
  2. warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

Taking every ounce of will power within me not to go off on someone on my Facebook page.
    Person is saying that anyone who kills themself and leaves 6 kids behind is pathetic and that there's no excuse for it.

3. Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

I don't have words anymore. I can't remember when I would have cried so much. I can't think how horrible this must feel for his family and the band. I am really worried how they are doing. I ask myself all the time "why?". I would have never believed this from any LP member, let alone Chester. When I heard the news on the phone, I thought it must be fake, or an accident, not a suicide. Unbelievable.

I remember at the M&G in 2015, I was so shy and quiet and looking into his eyes and saying "it is such an honor to meet you!". Chester shook my hand and thanked me and he smiled, I don't know if I have ever seen as much joy and happiness is someone's face. The way cared about every single one if us. I will never forget that moment and his heartwarming smile. Listening to every LP track is just pain, but I can't stop listening. Every song seems to be connected to his pain, and I thought OML was a pretty happy album, but it is so sad and haunting now. Listening to their music, and especially drumming along to their songs has been such a huge source of good energy for me. But now, nothing seems to work. I can't concentrate on anything. I was so excitedly waiting when I can attend their concert again, but now we will never be able to see him. Without their music I would not be who I am. I am so relieved Linkin Park has such an amazing fanbase, sharing happy memories and our pain helps. Thank you bros :cry:

4. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

People who have no experience with being in a place where all the good things in your life just aren't enough to stop the pain (or are in denial about their own inner demons) will never understand and really shouldn't comment on the matter.

polleo, kcg, Captain-EO and 1 other person like this.
  5. JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

North American tour is cancelled. Not surprised in the least, I had no expectations they would perform. I wouldn't even be able to enjoy it out of sheer heartbreak knowing Chester wouldn't be there. :cry:

6. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

The most sad and depressing thing now that Chester is gone, I don't think LP will ever preform live any more. I Mean they ain't getting anybody else to replace Chester and no one ever can, and Mike can't do all. The vocals on his own. I cant believe this is the end of Linkin park. I don't understand why it had to happen like this =( but no matter what Linkin park and Chester will live on forever

7. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Captain-EO and Ree like this.
  8. Drytf

Drytf Active Member

I've been a huge Linkin Park fan for more than 10 years now. I remember fondly listening to In The End, what was at the time Google Videos. I was blown away by what was the mix of everything I liked in music.

Ever since, I watched almost every single interview, video, LPTV, show, you name it. LP has been and will always be a huge part of my life. I started liking them not only because of their music, but because of the way they were. They started to feel like friends. Waiting for every Linkin Park TV episode like it was a new song, just to see them interact. The new album cycles with all the puzzles, bringing all of the community together, with potato snippets and first reviews coming out. Staying up all night just to see their livestreams on LPU.
    I was lucky to see them live twice. The first show will remain as the best show of my life.

This felt like a close friend died.
    It's something so surreal, but whenever it hits me I just cry. I just can't hold it.

Chester,
    thanks for everything. You are a true legend. RIP

9. Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Last night when I heard the news, my heart began racing rapidly. I was in disbelief; I didn't want to believe it, but it was true. Chester was my favourite vocalist of all time, and no celebrity death has impacted me like his has. RIP.

10. Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

Same here, a lot of Celebs who I really liked have passed away, but with Chester it feels like a major part of yourself is gone, I honestly never could imagine this, It would be really awful for his family and friends.

11. karanveer

karanveer Member

LP have sparked my imagination since I first heard them as a child and fell in love with their music. There was something in the sound...a certainty...a raw truth...sincerity of feeling that I have not heard anywhere else.
    A tragic end to a man who had the power to raise and thrust the emotions of billions with his voice, a man who let us experience beautiful melodies in harmony with bold, powerful music.
    I will forever be grateful for the inspiring sounds that Chester Bennington left behind.

12. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

On my way home from work I blasted some Linkin Park in my car.

I've shit on Heavy pretty hard since it's release. It's taken on a whole new meaning now and it absolutely crushed me. It went from an average song to one of the most important songs I've ever heard.

Then Sharp Edges came on and I couldn't handle it. He sounded so happy and free but as if he'd finally come to terms with his demons.

Finally One More Light ended the session and it was devastating.

I can't believe we'll never hear this man sing again.

13. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Goodbye Chester :(

14. Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

A little help for against the trolls, and not even the funny trolls, but the sad trolls who think they are taking the moral high ground just because they couldn't appreciate Linkin Park:

I've probably already posted this on here, too tired to remember, but if people are bashing him it's simply because they don't understand what mental disorders are. To tell a guy "hey, why are you sad ? You are worth 30million dollars, you have a great family, and successful career. Be happy. Don't kill yourself." Is like telling a diabetic "hey, just tell your brain to produce more insulin bro"

It's a chemical imbalance that he couldn't help ya fucks.

DeepestBlue likes this.
  15. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Joe's post is what finally broke me.

"I miss my friend."

Yeah, I can't even fucking imagine, brother. I can't imagine at all. :(

16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Randomly, earlier this week a couple days before the tragedy I randomly got the idea in my mind that I should create a Spotify Playlist called "Death" and fill it with songs to cope with death. It just randomly popped into my head and I didn't think any of it other than all the good songs that fall under that category.

And now this happened. It was like my brain was telling me to prepare myself. It's really spooky hoe things like that work.

RIP Chester :(

17. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Made myself some quick wallpapers for remembrance, maybe some of you feel them...

chester Umriss cry.png

chester Umriss Insta bunt.png

chester Umriss blau.png

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  18. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

Remember you're loved, and you always will be.

19. Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

I guess Joe was the one who was supposed to pick Chester up from his house for the photoshoot. It would have been so hard for Joe when he reached the house and saw the police.

Blake likes this.
  20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What if Joe had to call the police?

Regardless, that would be awful