Linkin Park's One More Light North American Tour Cancelled

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jul 21, 2017.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I will cherish the 2 times I went to see them I'm 2012 and 2014 at Jones Beach, NY. I don't have many friends on here but I want to say, God bless Chester Bennington and his beautiful soul, God bless linkin park, the families and friends, and God bless you all the linkin park fans, I am gald we can all come together in this very dark and depressing time. I love you all from one fan to another. And remember Chester will always be right here with us. The soldier has flew his dragon fly wings high into the sky, into the beautiful heavens.

JSigcha10 likes this.
    warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

It's gonna be awhile before I can listen to their material again. It just hurts too much.
    Even once that time comes it'll be surrounded with a feeling of sorrow since these songs will take on a whole new meaning.

Chester, talinda, the kids, LP, and the fans, we love you all dearly.

AndreyKamensky and Hybridora like this.
    warriorathlete21

I never showcase my voice because of anxiety but, I recorded myself singing the chorus to leave out all the rest.

I'll post it somewhere on this forum.

Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Blessed to have seen them twice, Sad to see that the story ends here :'( Broken...

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I'm afraid most of us, me included, did for too long.

warriorathlete21

Worked up the courage to post a vocal tribute to Chester in the lp chat thread. Check it out.

I'm not sure if I'd want to know the circumstances or not. It's gonna be heartbreaking enough eventually seeing the band talk about it.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

RIP LINKIN PARK

Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

I think Mike should regroup with the others, and make a special tourney with the LP name, they have a lot of electronic skills, to make some goodbye tour, using Chester's voice, with his pictures in a big screen in the backround. They could use some holograms, for one last goodbye.

Then, they should become Xero.

Evan, blackout., Murali and 1 other person like this.
    sshrout07

sshrout07 Member

Just as a heads up, the blinkinpark 2 shows are canceled too. In Hershey we were not sure if blink182 would still play, but they did . I'm so sorry for Chester and his family rip

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

Yeah it became Linkin Park when Chester came, I am just going to see this as Chester left LP and is in peace now. LP started with Chester and ends with Chester. They should continue under the Xero name if they make music together in the future.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

That would be a good option to change the band's name to Xero or also to Hybrid Theory, it would have the LP feeling to it and, even if wouldn't be the same as it would with Chester, they would step a bit away from the weight of the name Linkin Park and be able to make music more freely, music that would be true to themselves and still sounded good.

Murali likes this.
    Murali

Murali LP Soldier

I really hope that happens. Waiting for official statement from the band.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Xero or Fort Minor going forward. Retire the name Linkin Park though

Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Is there any news about the funeral? I need closure to move on.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm sure the funeral will just be close friends.

Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I know, I live in Brazil. I just wanna know how the guys are doing. There's no world of them so far. Also it has been 2 days now and I just was wondering when the funeral will happen.

PLD

PLD New Member

Wow.....where do you start??? I've been inactive on this site for a long time. But never stopped listening to the band. I find myself yet again at that place I was when Chris Cornell left us in May. A state of disbelief. My heart is yet again heavy. We are losing some of the greats of our generation of music. It's truly heartbreaking.

It's crazy & almost scary how profound lyrics/songs are when someone dies. I listen to songs like, "Somewhere I Belong", "Crawling" & "Easier To Run" & hear them in a more impactful way. I listened to them yesterday & was balling my eyes out. Especially listening to "Easier To Run". I sat in my music room last night listening to it & looked over to one of my corners of the room & totally forgot of the Signed skateboard I got as apart of the A Thousand Suns bundle. I picked it up with tears in my eyes & turned it around to see all the band members autographs on it. It makes you cherish everything. All the LP concerts I went to. I hold it all even closer now.

R.I.P Chester

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The whole reason they changed their name from Xero to Hybrid Theory and then to Linkin Park was due to naming conflicts with other bands. They won't be re-branding using either of those names.

It's all too fresh to even start talking about something like this, anyways.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

They have already updated their logo.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

No, Mike updated his Twitter pic by taking out one of the bars in the hexagon surrounding the LP symbol to underscore the hole left by Chester's death. It's meant to show something's missing.

It's not some sort of re-brand, nor is it an indication of where things will go from here. That answer won't come for months, in all likelihood.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017