Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Dead at 41

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2017.

1. GTRsta

GTRsta Member

I don't post much on LPA but I feel compelled to talk about Linkin Park and what they've done for me after recent events..

I was first introduced to Linkin Park through those old DBZ music videos on youtube around 2006-2007. Funny thing is I was a kid around that age and I didn't even realize the majority of music that was on these AMV's were by the same band haha. I was never really into music but after finding Linkin Park I became obsessed with them. I listened to their music everyday as a teenager, watched many of their interviews, dyed my hair crazy colours like red and purple in high school because of Mike and Chester and at 14 I started creating my own music thanks to the impact they had made on me. I wanted to be like them so much. They shaped my taste for music and introduced me to a lot of great music not just theirs. Now I'm an aspiring hip hop artist and the first song I learnt to rap was Esaul back in 2009 (I was a hardcore fan btw, I've heard probably just about every song/demo there is) and the second song was Reading My Eyes so as you can tell I was/still am heavily influenced by them. It's thanks to them I know what I want to be in life.

For many of us, Linkin Park's been more than just a band. They've helped me through so many difficult times and taught me many lessons. The emotion and power in Chesters voice felt cathartic to listen and sing along to. There's so much passion when he sings it felt like he was my voice at a time when I felt like I didn't have one, when I couldn't say the things I wanted to say.

Admittedly I stopped following the band as closely after Living Things, I just personally didn't enjoy their new music but I always had a special place for them and continued to check LPA every now and then to see what was new with the band and what not. It's devastating that this is the way it ends.. When I found out the news I was so shocked, I didn't even know how to feel, after a few hours it started to set in and I found tears pouring from my eyes and I never really cry. Now it's been a few days and i'm still in disbelief at times, I haven't fully come to terms with the fact he's gone and that this is permanent.

The person I am today is thanks to Chester and the rest of the band, he was a childhood hero of mine and I'm very hurt he felt suicide was his only escape from the pain he was enduring. His final lesson to me is that life is too short.. Cherish every moment. My thoughts are with his family, friends and the band now in this difficult time. I hope that they and anyone else affected by this finds the strength and courage to move on and find happiness again. Chester's/Linkin Park's legacy will live on through us all. Let's all make him proud by making the world a better place like he did, whether that's being a performer that connects to people all over the world or simply a loving family member and friend.

R.I.P Chester Bennington, gone but never to be forgotten

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  2. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

First time hearing the song; have now listened multiple times. Thanks for sharing.

3. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Yeah man no problem!

4. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Thank you, such powerful and amazing lyrics that unfortunately perfectly fit the occasion

5. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Changed my avatar to an appropriate pic (the one that's been posted in the shoutbox). We'll always miss you, Chester.

6. Maradenisa00

Maradenisa00 New Member

I was listening to this last night..I cried the entire song.Can't believe he's gone

7. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Really is a beautiful song that fits perfect.

8. MigueLP

MigueLP Member

Kerrang Magazine tweeter account just retweeted an organized memorial for Chester on the 27th' and 28th' of July at Trafalgar Square in London. It would be comforting to meet some of you from UK in person at this very difficult time.

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/111758796143153/?ti=cl

upload_2017-7-23_16-46-50.png

9. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

This is amazing, my heart is full to see memorials getting organised for such a great artist and man :) If only I was closer to London :( :( I hope it will be live streamed.

10. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

"You are my hero. Have I told you lately you're my hero? You're my hero."

11. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I fucking hope Mike is OK. I just always picture Mike and Chester coming at the end of a show arms around each other thanking the crowd.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  12. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

One day at a time.

13. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I like this idea, people need each other

Captain-EO and Blake like this.
  14. Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

Mike's tweet made me cry more, it would be really hard for the band members and the family

15. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Btw do we have any news about Brad? He's the only member we haven't heard anything from yet :(

16. Swifty64

Swifty64 Member

Has Rob said something then? I've not heard anything from him

17. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

That's true, but as far as I know he doesn't have any social media accounts. Brad has a personal twitter account.

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This may sound like a 'no duh' type of response, but from what I do know, the band is pretty devastated and kinda keeping close to their families at the moment. I'm not speaking on their behalf here, just going by what I know. The good thing is that the band has a massive support system with their fans, their friends, and the LP family across the world.

So as painful as this is, we've got their backs and they've got ours. We'll persevere for Chester. We have to. We can show our love for him by being good to each other and helping out our fellow LP fans who are struggling. Chester would want us to do that.

19. MigueLP

MigueLP Member

{UPDATE] The London memorial location was changed from Trafalgar Square to the U.S. Embassy in London by the Eisenhower statue. There are fans already laying flowers at this location.

20. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

❤️❤️❤️

MigueLP likes this.