Favorite Chester moments

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by leftshoe18, Jul 21, 2017.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

In honor of his passing I thought it would be fitting for people to post about their favorite Chester live moments.

My favorite performance of his was probably Wish from Rock Am Ring 2004.

P4P3RKuT

P4P3RKuT Member

One of my favourite performances. Just really shows how versatile his voice really was.

leftshoe18 likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

For some reason the first thing that stuck out to me we their iHeart Radio performance when Chester made the comment about Brad's guitar being his penis and that the reason he was really good at it was because he played with it a lot.

blackout. and leftshoe18 like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

My favorite moment was seeing how happy he was helping the kids at those schools in Japan after the huge earthquake devastated them. Was just so amazingly father like of him and it melted my heart honestly

Captain-EO, darkviruz and leftshoe18 like this.
    Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

In terms of his funny moments, the footage of him and Mike in the bookshop from years ago where he tells Mike to go and "work on it" so they wander over to the self help section. Mike picks up Betty Ford but then Chester picks out Sex For Dummies for him.

In terms of his sweeter moments, easily the performances of Waiting For The End on the Hunting Party tour where he reached over the barrier during the Wall Of Noise outro and hugged and shook hands with each of the fans on the other side until the outro ended.

Gravity_LP likes this.
    BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

My favorite moment was when I went to a show at Riverbend Music Center and got a Meet and Greet. Chester saw it was a kids birthday and he was a huge LP fan. He spent all the time he could with him after the autographs were done. Then after the kid had his fill of meeting his hero other fan of course tried to stick around (guilty) to get a photo with him. He didn't say no, he just laughed and said "hurry lets make it quick guys!" He took about 20 photos with people which isn't a lot, but it is when you're being verbally shoved by security to get to the stage. I didn't get a photo with him that day, but to see that kind of passion for the fans really just made me love the dude. The show started 30 min late because of that.

I went to my fair share of meet and greets that I'm grateful for. Every single time he spoke to me directly. I mean he didn't remember me of course, but it was always awesome to get those moments with your idol even if it was just minutes.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

When I saw LP on the Carnivore's tour, I managed to squeeze right up to the front near the barricade rail. Chester came off the catwalk during Waiting for the End and right over to our side of the crowd. He leaned over and sang into the crowd right where I was standing. Me and several others gripped on to part of Chester's forearm and sang into the microphone with him for a moment. I actually remember looking him right in the eyes. It was a surreal moment to be able to briefly sing alongside one of my role models that way. I never got to "meet" him off-stage, but I always thought it was pretty cool to be able to (for a very quick few moments) sing alongside him and do what he loved to do with him. That was probably my most memorable Linkin Park moment in general.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

That outro is legendary rockstar material.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

One of my favorite moments is Chester singing One More Light at Rock Werchter. The way he interacted with the girl in front of him was so incredibly sweet and it really showed his kindness and gratitude towards his fans.

DeepestBlue likes this.
    A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

The link in my signature is my favorite Chester moment because it showed he was smart enough and had the balls to say you know what, fuck what other people think and fuck what the label wants. Fuck all the outsiders. The risk they took with ATS is why it's my favorite album. Without even talking about the music itself, I felt like the band especially Chester, saw what listening to the outside noise could do to them and how it could affect the album. I felt the band pretended they were the only humans on Earth when they wrote that record. So glad that moment was caught on tape. Thank you Chester love you man.......

edit: oops i just realized this was on stage moments only....eh fuck it

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

Great musician, legend and also helped others. I can only pull the hat forward.